Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Vick

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Michael Vick

Just wanted to say that this Michael Vick story is getting sicker and sicker, day-by-day.

I must warn you that the following article describes in detail what exactly Vick is indicted for.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7033242

I'm a dog lover, so I may be biased or whatever, but this is absolutely INHUMAINE. Michael Vick may not be found guilty yet, but I've lost all my respect towards him.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by royaldisneyfan; 07-18-2007 at 02:36 PM.

• Minion

Re: Michael Vick

Oh my god..thats sick...

• Pathetically Obsessed

It's horrible, but he's a rich superstar athlete. And in our culture, he won't be treated the same as someone without all the fame.

Not sure the the owner of the Falcons is going to be real happy about this.
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

• I may be nutz...but...

As a Veterinary Technician, I have seen some horrendous things happen to animals and I have NEVER seen anything as deplorable as this. This made me shake when I first heard the news, and then my stomack turned and I lost it. Being a devout animal lover and defender, I hope they give this guy and his cohort abusers the maximum penalty. Maybe they should be placed in 6X6 cells without protection with some of these dogs that they have trained to kill with no control! I am so heartsick over this. I cannot fathom what would spur a human to do such horrific things to an animal. This animal abuse is EXTREMELY serious and should be punished as such!
    susabelle

•   

Having pets just isn't for me. I've never been a huge animal lover.
    But I would never ever try to hurt or do anything to one! Hearing this makes me sick!

• Sock Puppet

if i was the judge i would send Vick to prison for twenty years and then make sure he never is allow to buy a house or any dogs

• KC to DL= 1,640 miles

Goin' to Kansas City. Kansas City Here I Come

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredByWalt View Post
    It's horrible, but he's a rich superstar athlete. And in our culture, he won't be treated the same as someone without all the fame.

Not sure the the owner of the Falcons is going to be real happy about this.
    You're probably right, which is the sad thing about all this. He could be let off scotch free with just a slap on the wrist. I'm still hoping for some sort of punishment though. And not just a 2-game suspension from the NFL.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I had not heard of this, and I am just furious about it! How can they let this monster get away with this!!?

I discovered (from the website of the Humane Society) you can contact the NFL and tell them you want them to suspend Michael Vick immediately. It sounds like many people are worried that his star athlete status will get him off with a slap on the wrist.

It seemed like the least I could do-- to let the NFL know that we won't tolerate this horrible, sick behavior.

Thanks for posting this on the site--as terrible as it is. (It's important for our kids, too. Thinking about those who look up to athletes and model their behavior, is scary when hearing about something like this.)

• враг народа

Blog Entries

It amazes me how many people forget what it means to be indicted. Vick has not been found guilty of commiting any crime. Just think about what happened with the boys from Duke a few months ago. They too were indicted and subsequently condemned by the nation all over a scam. There should be no calls for suspension until Vick is found guilty of committing a crime.

On that note, there is probably some very good evidence against Vick. This is now a federal case, which means something there was good enough to get the feds involved.

To lazyboy 970:

If you're referring to my post, in fact I'm aware of the legal definition of indictment.

You however, don't have the right to tell anyone what they may or may not do in connection with this matter. If people wish to contact the NFL they have every right to do so.

In the Vick case, many dogs were removed from his premises with evidence of fighting injuries and other abuse. Additional physical evidence of organized dogfighting was found as well.

The Humane Society of the United States, and many other groups, have gotten involved with this high profile case--all without your permission, I assume.

Each of us must act according to our conscience, of course.

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    It amazes me how many people forget what it means to be indicted. Vick has not been found guilty of commiting any crime. Just think about what happened with the boys from Duke a few months ago. They too were indicted and subsequently condemned by the nation all over a scam. There should be no calls for suspension until Vick is found guilty of committing a crime.

On that note, there is probably some very good evidence against Vick. This is now a federal case, which means something there was good enough to get the feds involved.

... in other words, Innocent until proven guilty?

Where have I heard that before?
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

If he is found guilty I hope they throw the book at him, and show him no mercy just because he is an athlete.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Golden State of Mind

i dont think he is guilty
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

The question is, with the new policies and actions being taken by the NFL to clean up its image, (a la Pacman Jones and Tank Johnson) how will commissioner Roger Goodell, and the Falcons for that matter, treat this?

Granted, all those involved still should have their due process. Having said that, How can the Falcons go through training camp and the regular season with this huge distraction?

And did Vick indeed promise Goodell back at the draft in April that he was not involved in this?

Putting aside for the moment the horrific nature of the deeds that have been uncovered in this utterly sickening case.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast