Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Puppy Cuddles

Re: Why you shouldn't let kids play with guns....

I steal sporks from Taco Bell
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• insufferable know-it-all

A period spork.... PANSY! Eat with your knife like everyone else!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    You're absolutely right. No one should ever have access to anything with which they might injure themselves or another person when they mistakenly think someone's in danger.

We should cower in fear of our fallible human nature, dress everyone in the police-approved tear-proof gowns, and eat with sporks.

If it hadn't been a gun, it could just as easily have been a knife, a staple gun, a lava lamp, a mercury thermometer...
    I dont blame u guys for being patriotic and all, but I know that youre smart enough to know the difference between being attacked with a table spoon or a gun. At least I hope you know or else I feel really sorry for you guys
    But maybe it's just my european sensibility
    I wonder why this sort of things only happen in the USA?
    Check some of Michael Moore's documentaries, you might find them interesting.....
    - Milo

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Must be your european sensibilities- we americans count the right to bear arms as one of our most important liberties.

And I agree with Morri that is someone whats to hurt another human being, they will find a way to do it. A rational person is not going to find a gun and start shooting people just because they can. I am quite certain these things don't only happen in the US.

If you are going to have a gun in the house, you need to teach your children how to use it and that it is not a toy. My young cousins hunt a lot, but they respect guns, they know what they can do and they are taught how to use one safely. Guns are no more dangerous than anything else- you wouldn't keep knives or matches in the house without warning your kids about their dangers if used improperly.

Oh, and if you have kids in the house, keep it down if you are doing something freaky. Talk about scarring your kids for life- that is certainly not the sex ed lesson I would want to get- eeeewwwwww!!!!!!!

EDIT- And I don't want to hear anything about how horrible hunting is- when you live in a rural area where deer are hit by cars every day and animal overpopulation is a problem, then you realize that hunting is necesicary in order to preserve the animal population in North America and for animals and people to be able to co-exist without one overtaking that other. Just preemptive as I can imagine how horrified people will be at the thought of little children hunting. The horror of it all.
    Last edited by dramaqueen; 07-13-2005 at 03:32 PM.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

•   
    • Minion

Sigh... There is a big differance between owning a gun in Billings, Montana and owning a gun in San Francisco, California...

I use mine to defend my right to see the Great Pumpkin... every holloween...

Woops, that was my outside voice wasn't it?
    Check out my other blog:

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

^ agreed- I am speaking from the perspective of living in the midwest.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• insufferable know-it-all

Milo: it doesn't have anything to do with patriotism.

If guns were taken away, the only people who would have guns would be criminals. That's tantamount to giving them license to run rampant, because they know that not one of the citizens they accost are going to suddenly turn around and bust a cap in their a$$.

Our country, flat-out, is too big and vast to ever effectively cleanse the nation of firearms. It's different for a nation smaller than California, where there isn't quite as many areas to cover, but it's logistically impossible in this country - just look at the inability to curb drug use, despite their being illegal. Now put guns in their place, and take the guns away from law-abiding citizens.

I don't own a gun myself, but darnit, I have the right to.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Hooterville, USA

Just for the record, if I had ever walken in and seen my parents going at it, I would have shot myself! That's an image that would haunt me for a lifetime.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Minion

Sticks and stones break my bones, but whips and chains excite me!

Milo, the only thing that is interesting about Micheal Moore's documentaries are the tactics he uses to get his point across. He's a perfect example of how everyone will think what you think by using humor and using "statistics". And by statistics I mean imaginary figures...

People get accidentally shot all the time everywhere. Don't kid yourself. Don't believe me? Rent Banned in America. it's FULL of gruesome clips of people being shot, killed, blown up, etc. by accident.

• Puppy Cuddles

I have to disagree with you. Michael Moore has one of the best ears for music in the industry (him and Tarantino). He consistently does a fantastic job of picking the right songs for each segment of his movies.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    ...If guns were taken away, the only people who would have guns would be criminals. That's tantamount to giving them license to run rampant, because they know that not one of the citizens they accost are going to suddenly turn around and bust a cap in their a$$...
    So you're saying that because everybody already has a gun, they defenitely should not stop handing them out So because it's already , let's it up even more! I'm no politician or something but I have the RIGHT to have an opinion: guns kill! Stop selling them! Would you rather see one coming at you with a knife, or a gun? Simple choice if you ask me...
    I mean the things are made for killing.
    - Milo

• a saweet songbird =)

Quote Originally Posted by Small Panda After All
    I have to disagree with you. Michael Moore has one of the best ears for music in the industry (him and Tarantino). He consistently does a fantastic job of picking the right songs for each segment of his movies.
    ...what does this have to do with his misinterpretation of statistics??? Personally I was one who USE to find Moore to be captivating until a wise man pointed out to me that he was a HUGE HYPOCRITE! He may have good taste in music but, that to me does not justify his actions. As far as this article goes, there's definately some missing information here...lots of holes in the story. Do I find the boy "guilty as charged" no. Was his decision a rational one...no. The way that I see it is that his intentions were pure...he MEANT to do good by protecting his mother from any harm or danger. No, two wrongs don't make a right and yes, violence does not solve anything however, if the father had a history of child abuse, sexual abuse, spousal abuse and so on then something needed to be done to fix the problem. Maybe not a shot to the arm of course but, I think the boy all in all had good intentions. Wrong idea but a good step in the right direction. Either way I am curious to find out who pressed charges and why??
    Last edited by saweetmelody7; 07-17-2005 at 01:06 PM. Reason: a good foot as opposed to the right step...heeheheehee

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

A knife would be easier to protect yourself from then guns but still, the weird thing is, USA seems to be part of a minority of selling guns to anyone... You use to be able to find Bullets in K-mart, like that's a family store... Imagine if your 3 year old found a gun, and decided to see if it was real or fake... It's definatley not safe around children. I don't belive owning a gun has any benefits, I live in Canada, and barely anyone has guns besides police and those strange few, and were fine... Whats the point of having a gun? For self defense? Well if you have a gun, you must be pretty paranoid about someone coming out to get you (not including hunters here, if they have a hunting license ) I just don't get it...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• New Dog on the Block

Quote Originally Posted by Small Panda After All
    I steal sporks from Taco Bell
    Along with mild sauce, napkins, and straws!
    I just finished Kingdom Hearts 2 and now I WANT A MICKEY!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast