Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Women and Relationships

Ok Guys

What the hell is so special about women and having relationships (more than friends) with them?

Don't get me wrong, women make great friends! In fact most of my friends are female, but I don't get why men are so obsessed with how hot they are, and having sex with them.

The big thing I ask is why are breasts so attractive? I mean you look at one woman and say "wow, look at those man! Nice!" but if an overweight person has breasts the same size, its "ew man look at Jabba the Hutt" They are BOOBS! Everyone has them!

And am I honestly the only guy that doesn't Rate a woman when she walks by? I feel like I'm the only one! When a random female walks by and a guy says to me, "Oh isn't she hot?" I actually have to process it! Believe it or not, but "hotness" is not the first thing that comes to mind when a person walks by.

I also don't think I'll understand women either, they are great friends. But the minute you do something as more than friends, its like they are an entirely different person towards you. Why the sudden change in personality?

Alone and unloved is the way to be I think.

I just don't get it.

(and yes I have had a few to drink)
    Last edited by Tui; 07-06-2005 at 06:56 AM.
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• Rock Star Minion

Re: Women and Relationships

Just a few questions, before we proceed with our session:
    1. How old are you?
    2. Are you gay?
    3. If you have erections, what causes them? Images, or are they completely random, caused by the random nitric oxide content in your groin?

In general, from primal instincts:
    1. Men want to have sex.
    2. Men want to have sex with the best woman they can find and that will have them, for the prestige among other men that it offers, which in turn can lead to more sex.
    3. Men often determine amongst themselves who gets first pick.
    4. Women help men determine this "alpha male" by choosing amongst themselves who is the "alpha female."
    5. Men will fight for the right (or the begging, these days) to have sex with that best woman.
    6. Women need protection from men wanting to have sex, among other things. A man will do this job of protecting the woman, in exchange for sex.

Once you decide that you want sex with the woman formerly known as your friend, of course the dynamic changes. Now, you must become a competent provider. You must be perceived by others (women, mostly, but also by men) as deserving of this woman. Friends don't have these restrictions.

This is all "In general," of course. There are women and men who don't possess such primal instincts, or they know how to harness or lock them away.

And no, I'm not an anthropologist or sociologist. I just watch documentaries.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Breasts are life to babies. Some men cannot let go of that basal instinct.
    Of course, some women like to flaunt them (or enhance them, surgically, or Victorially (Secrets, that is)), then get angry at men who stare at them. I mean, at a base level, that's what some women are trying to do: to entice a man. Not just any man, of course, but Mr Alpha.

And, again, big breasts are a prestige item for some men. Like a fancy car or being very good at sports. They mean, at the base level, that his babies will be well-fed.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Great story, rich and compelling.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    Ok Guys

What the hell is so special about women and having relationships (more than friends) with them?

Don't get me wrong, women make great friends! In fact most of my friends are female, but I don't get why men are so obsessed with how hot they are, and having sex with them.

The big thing I ask is why are breasts so attractive? I mean you look at one woman and say "wow, look at those man! Nice!" but if an overweight person has breasts the same size, its "ew man look at Jabba the Hutt" They are BOOBS! Everyone has them!

And am I honestly the only guy that doesn't Rate a woman when she walks by? I feel like I'm the only one! When a random female walks by and a guy says to me, "Oh isn't she hot?" I actually have to process it! Believe it or not, but "hotness" is not the first thing that comes to mind when a person walks by.

I also don't think I'll understand women either, they are great friends. But the minute you do something as more than friends, its like they are an entirely different person towards you. Why the sudden change in personality?

Alone and unloved is the way to be I think.

I just don't get it.

(and yes I have had a few to drink)
    Wow. I would not say that you have any problems. I think it might just be your brain chemistry and your sexual priorities. If that makes any sense? You would rather get to know someome on a deeper level over a simply physical level and your peers cannot quite understand? I do. I am like that too. Personally I think it helps to be a kinder person overall and a more accepting person. (Not that if you aren't this way you can't be either.. it is simply my opinion) And I am suprised no guys have replied to this with some understanding of your view.

As for the girls who change from friends status to something more-- I don't know. Maybe it is because they are attracted to you and they think something more will and is going to come from it after you two fool around. I guess it's just lifting up and creating false hopes. So next time you do that you better make sure the girl knows you don't want to follow through with any sort of relationship other than your current friendship.

• Rock Star Minion

I wrote somewhere (MP, I think) that a woman has pretty much decided whether a man is "that man."
    Once you're on the "not that man" list, you'll have a near impossible task of getting off that list. Becoming rich might help. Going out with other women who seem to be more "alpha" than the first woman is another. Best idea is to move on.

You hit that right Sediment... I've been a big, ugly guy my whole life, so I don't even bother anymore. It's not worth it.

BTW_ I think Tui is only Gay when he's drunk!

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Quote Originally Posted by Bornieo Goes Bananas
    You hit that right Sediment... I've been a big, ugly guy my whole life, so I don't even bother anymore. It's not worth it.

BTW_ I think Tui is only Gay when he's drunk!
    Sediment is very correct in his apprasial. I can also add that if you were friends with some girl then did something that seemed "boyfriendish" then if she isn't interested she gets scared off. Easier to run off than to say "gee you're a great friend but I get the feeling you want more, maybe we should talk".

BTW Bornieo = You are not UGLY. Ever!

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mistyisjafo
    Easier to run off than to say "gee you're a great friend but I get the feeling you want more, maybe we should talk".
    Never say the "T" word... too threatening... Use, "Chat" or "Discuss"
    Check out my other blog:

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    Never say the "T" word... too threatening... Use, "Chat" or "Discuss"

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    They mean, at the base level, that his babies will be well-fed.

The babies can be quite well-fed w/ the not-so-enhanced breasts just as well. Quality vs. quantity once again.
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jennidisneyfer

The babies can be quite well-fed w/ the not-so-enhanced breasts just as well. Quality vs. quantity once again.
    But, men aren't very smart, in general. They're just doing a quick conversion to milk cartons: gallons, quarts, pints, and half-pints.

• Puppy Cuddles

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Of course, some women like to flaunt them (or enhance them, surgically, or Victorially (Secrets, that is)), then get angry at men who stare at them.
    Oh my dear sweet goodness, "Victorially" is the best word ever invented and I plan to use it at least once a week from now on! But on topic, I hate girls who do that. I know what I'm doing if I wear a hoochie top and the guy knows what I'm doing if I wear a hoochie top. There's no need to pretend that I don't want people to stare, and as long as it's ONLY staring, I'm cool with it. But my mantra is "No Touchy!"

Tui, maybe you're just on a different plain of thought than some of your friends. I'm sure at some point you do rate hotness, but just not at the beginning. There's nothing wrong with that as far as I'm concerned.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

For most of us it's a fact of Biology. Women are just GREAT.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Tui
    Ok Guys...

I know what you mean. Especially on the personality thing... Once a "relationship" has formed from just being a friendship... I've seen that happen and it isn't pretty.

but "hotness" is not the first thing that comes to mind when a person walks by.
    It isn't for me either... well in some cases ...

Why did I just type all of this stuff?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast