Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

MEN - Does your wife or significant other tell you how to drive?

And if so, does it 'drive' you nuts?!

My wife is always telling me "David get in this lane." or "Why are you in this lane if we are going to turn here or there?"

I remind my wife that (1) when I met her, I had been driving successfully for 14 years and never got lost and (2) since she and I have known each other, we've never gotten lost and always reached our destination.

This is such an issue......and I am very close to stopping the car and getting out next time she says something.

Do any of you "lost boys" deal with this sort of thing???

• For You!

Re: MEN - Does your wife or significant other tell you how to drive?

I try not to tell my husband anything - because I get snapped at if I do, but then if he misses a turn or something, somehow I'm to blame.

Bill Engvall has a great bit about wives driving with husbands in his new CD - 15 degrees off cool

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I never have this problem because I'm the one always driving.

• Senior Minion

My boyfriend does this to me all the time, and it is annoying to no end. Sometimes I get frustrated and tell him that I'M the one who is DRIVING, so he needs to be quiet ... but that doesn't stop him.

As for me I wouldn't bother him, because if he actually drove I'd just move the seat back and take a nap.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

My ex did this to me all the time! And it drove me absolutely crazy! What's worse is that a couple times it gave me panic attacks and that is not fun to have while you are driving!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    I try not to tell my husband anything - because I get snapped at if I do, but then if he misses a turn or something, somehow I'm to blame.

Bill Engvall has a great bit about wives driving with husbands in his new CD - 15 degrees off cool
    Bill Engvall is hysterical. We had the 'here's your sign' CD - but it mysteriously disappeared......we loved it.

• This space for rent

I've never had this problem since I don't drive, and if they were to tell me how to ride, I wouldn't be able to hear them over my bike or through my helmet .

• Circle of Ancients

Since my hubby does most of the driving, the only time I'll intervene is if we are both looking for a parking space in a full parking lot. Other than that, I let him do the driving ,lane changes. getting us lost whatever. I don't bother my man.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I am the world's worst passenger. Bill Engvall must have talked to my husband because his skit about wives in the car is about me. I really try to keep my mouth shut as my husband has only been been in one car accident since I have known him and it was not his fault. Disneyland Daddy I will try and find out which Bill Engvall CD has the stuff on about it and you will have to watch it with your wife. It helped us immensely.

BTW you may want to forewarn your son that she will do it to him too. I have two sons that will attest to that fact.

• Hello there

Blog Entries

complaints complaints complaints

Let her drive than
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

I say that if it makes you that crazy, let her drive.

Have you told her how much it bothers you? Has she said she'd try to change it?

My husband does it to me all the time, I don't like it but I usually tell him to "Stop side-seat driving." "Do you want to drive?" "Who's driving this car?" or "I got this." He then replies that he was only trying to help and he'll shut up now. Then, he does it again the next time we're in the car. It only becomes a huge deal to me when I hold it in and don't let him know it's bugging me, but I also tell him that in a joking manner so he doesn't feel attacked.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• up to no good

No way would I do that its annoying , especially when your in the car and another person does it.. just cant take the arguing between the driver and the other passenger..
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair) View Post
    Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

She would rather not drive unless it's absolutely necessary......so with that said, she should just 'let me drive' the way I drive.

The other day I finally just said to her in a very stern voice - LET ME DRIVE. She was quiet in the way of 'side seat driving' from then on.

• World Traveler

My partner is from New York and always drives "aggressively," so I have to usually TRY and keep quiet about his driving.

It does drive me bonkers though, when he drives closely behind a truck or SUV (where he can't see in front) and there is another lane to change and pass.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    My partner is from New York and always drives "aggressively," so I have to usually TRY and keep quiet about his driving.

It does drive me bonkers though, when he drives closely behind a truck or SUV (where he can't see in front) and there is another lane to change and pass.
    I know what you mean.

I like to think I am a pretty good driver. I have an immaculate driving record and have this 'high score' with my insurance company which gives me really good rates and such...my last traffic ticket was in 1998 and that was for the charge that I ran a red light - which I did not - it was yellow when I entered the intersection and turned red mid-way through. Cop said I shouldn't have gone through. It's debatable, but I think I was wronged to be honest.

Whenever we go somewhere, I like to drive, because I don't scare myself when I drive - other drivers do scare me, sometimes....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast