Temple of Doom Darkness

Sports Guy Bill Simmon's Grantland Magazine (some kind of ESPN off-shoot) has published an article written by Bryan Curtis that tries to answer the question "Why is Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom so dark?" Very interesting reading though I'm not sure I buy into everything. There were a couple of disturbing elements and the movie spends a long time underground but I didn't think it was that far off the mark. And compared to Indiana Jones and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Temple of Doom is a masterpiece.

Enjoy the article

Explaining 'Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom' - Grantland
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• -

Re: Temple of Doom Darkness

Very interesting read. Thanks for sharing.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I didn't know about everything Lucas and Speilberg were going through at the time. I can see why they're not fans of the movie if all it does is bring them back to a time when they had so much sadness in their lives. Thanks for sharing the article.

• Circle of Ancients

Interesting Article. Thanks for sharing.

I personally love Temple of Doom. Not as much as "Raiders" or "Last Crusade" but it's right there with them.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Interesting Article. Thanks for sharing.

I personally love Temple of Doom. Not as much as "Raiders" or "Last Crusade" but it's right there with them.
    Yeah.... I agree. Spielberg and Lucas have been involved with films a whole lot worse than IJ and the Temple of Doom which is why I'm not complete buying into everything in the article. Hindsight sometimes betrays memory. The opening nightclub scene and runaway mine train were great film sequences. The heart ripping scene was not excessive in graphic nature and the only questionable element may have been with the child slavery. Besides, Spielberg met his future and still current wife during the filming (even though Kate Capshaw is a horrible actress to put it mildly). It all came out alright.

Indiana Jones Blu-Rays come out 9/18 but they make you buy all 4 movies. The first 3 movies were all very good to great. I would imagine for many, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull never makes it out of the box.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.