Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• -

Harrison Ford Open to the Idea of Reprising Role of Han Solo

According to Entertainment Weekly, Harrison Ford is open to once again playing Han Solo in another Star Wars film.

'Star Wars' sequel: Harrison Ford open to idea of Han Solo role -- EXCLUSIVE | Inside Movies | EW.com
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Harrison Ford Open to the Idea of Reprising Role of Han Solo

Coincidence that he said he had no desire to play Han but now that Lucas isn't involved he'd be ok with it?

I think it'd be great if they could get him into the next trilogy somehow.

• far, far away from DL

I would love to see him back in the Falcon again! Hopefully they can come up with a good story.

•   

So weird. He once said Han was his least favorite character and I seem to recall some comment about how he favored the episode 6 outcome where Han died. I remember how awful I felt when I read his comments, years ago. Now he's up for another? Funny how time changes things.

Han's sure going to look weird with an earring.
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• Seasick

Exciting to hear. Let's face it, the other cast members are a given, Ford was the only one to potentially not be interested.

He might not have been interested a few years ago, but with his career as a big action star having winded down, it's not a huge surprise he's interested.

One thing to remember, the movie is less than three years away. It's possible, and even likely, that the script is written and the powers that be know which characters they want back.

This deal didn't happen overnight, there's plenty of reasonable rumour and speculation that Episode 7 is farther along than people think. A writer(s), director, and actors are probably already on board.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• -

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    So weird. He once said Han was his least favorite character and I seem to recall some comment about how he favored the episode 6 outcome where Han died.
    The Entertainment Weekly article was predicting that a death scene may be required to get him to sign a contract. I'm waiting for Episode VII to erase 20 years of Expanded Universe history.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl View Post
    I would love to see him back in the Falcon again! Hopefully they can come up with a good story.

Me too...but he is getting pretty old...
    For the love of Disney....

• -

Quote Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
    Me too...but he is getting pretty old...
    So are the other actors. If they use the original cast, they will have to set the events of Episode VII years after Return of the Jedi.

• Very Helpful Old Feller

Well, reckon my heart's in Texas but right now I live down N'Olins way...

Howdy Pards,

One thing is for certain...if members of that original cast do sign on...and the script is good...this thing will make an absolute ton of money for Disney!

As for ol' action heroes...one thinks of a feller named John Wayne. Age just didn't matter to John's fans...if anything he grew more popular, more beloved with each new age line on his face. At 70 Harrison Ford is just a young whippersnapper don't ya know?

Sign him up for Star Wars...and the Box Office is gonna go up, up, up! Give him a good script...build it...and the fans will come.

Adios for now. Talk to ya on down the trail.

Wild Ol' Dan
    "I can see the cattle grazin' o'er the hills at early morn…
    I can see the campfires smokin’ at the breaking of the dawn,
    I can hear the bronco's neighin', I can hear the cowboys sing,
    I'd like to be in Texas for the Round-up in the Spring."

• Circle of Ancients

Hmmm, maybe this is why Mark Hamill stopped doing the Joker for the Batman cartoons and video games?

•   

The joke was over?
    Your first, your last, your only defense against the scum of the ethereal plane.

<a href=http://westcoastbusters.com/ target=_blank>http://westcoastbusters.com/</a>

• "What is thy bidding?"

Quote Originally Posted by BC_DisneyGeek View Post
    Exciting to hear. Let's face it, the other cast members are a given, Ford was the only one to potentially not be interested.

He might not have been interested a few years ago, but with his career as a big action star having winded down, it's not a huge surprise he's interested.

One thing to remember, the movie is less than three years away. It's possible, and even likely, that the script is written and the powers that be know which characters they want back.

This deal didn't happen overnight, there's plenty of reasonable rumour and speculation that Episode 7 is farther along than people think. A writer(s), director, and actors are probably already on board.
    Agreed,
    There has to be a script/storyboards already on the table (somewhere in the Dis/Lucas vault) for Disney to announce these movies with the dates. I think we are in for a real treat with these sequals.

Cant wait to see if the movie includes an old wore out smuggler with his grey haired wookie on the Falcon.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Lucas said during interviews that he has already been working on the films (development) and for Disney to lock in a date IN the buyout discussion.. they need to be 100% confident they can hit that. That would lead you to believe development of the project is pretty far along and not just 'what if...'
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• will-o-the-whip

Ford and Hollywood realize he's not a big action hero that can drive a huge box office anymore (i.e. Cowboys vs. Aliens and his other recent original story flicks) unless it's attached to a character he's already made famous such as Indy. Studios are not going to hire him anymore to marquee a big action film so that's why Ford is now okay with revisiting old characters such as Indy (remember in 1989 after Last Crusade he was rather adamant he would not be wearing the hat again), Han Solo and even Decker from Blade Runner. The bottom line is the man still wants to work and make money.

•   

Someone get that point through to Bill Murray, eh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast