New Star Wars Rebel Series To Debut On Disney XD

Funny, I've been reporting and posting news on Marvel so much lately, its kind of a change for me to get one on Star Wars. It's been a while.

But with the recent cancellation of one of my favorite shows, Star Wars The Clone Wars, I just happened to find this on Disney.com today while looking for something else.......

New Star Wars Rebels Series to Debut on Disney XD | Articles

New Star Wars Rebels Series to Debut on Disney XD

For all of you super fans out there, we are excited to share that production has begun on Star Wars Rebels, a new animated series coming to Disney XD in 2014.

Scheduled to premiere in fall 2014 as a one-hour special telecast on Disney Channel, it will be followed by a series on Disney XD channels around the world.

The action-filled series is set between the events of Episode III and IV – an era spanning almost two decades never-before explored on-screen. Star Wars Rebels takes place in a time where the Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape. Details about the show are a closely guarded secret at this point.

Notable names on the project include screenwriter/producer Simon Kinberg (X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes, Mr. & Mrs. Smith) as executive producer, and writer of the premiere; executive producer Dave Filoni, who served as supervising director of the ®Emmy nominated Star Wars: The Clone Wars since 2008; and executive producer Greg Weisman, who brings with him a wealth of animation experience with credits such as Young Justice, The Spectacular Spider-Man and Gargoyles.
    I never watched the Spectacular Spider-Man much. But I was a fan of the classic Gargoyles as well as the most recent (and most recently cancelled as well) Young Justice. With Disney at the helm of the Star Wars Universe, its taking some many interesting and hopeful directions.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Not on the Jedi Council

Re: New Star Wars Rebel Series To Debut On Disney XD

Thanks for the link!

With Dave Filioni working on it, I will trust it to be good.

• Heavy Breather

Why no Star Wars Empire?

Have you seen any of the Lego Star Wars animated films, Vader? Such as The Padawan Menace or The Empire Strikes Out? There's 5 of them in total and they're all hilarious!
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Heavy Breather

I have not seen them. I will have to check them out sometime.

Well they're not very lengthy. Padawan Menace and Empire Strikes Out are both about 20 minutes long. And the 3 shorts - Bombad Bounty, Quest for R2-D2, & Revenge of the Brick are about 5 minutes long each. Quest for R2-D2 & Bombad Bounty are on the disc set with Padawan Menace, if that can still be found. I was able to buy it at Wal Mart last year. Empire Strikes Out has Revenge of the Brick and that was the most recent one. It may be found at Wal Mart now. (But I was able to find all of them for DL online. )