Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 'The Avengers'

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'The Avengers'

Yesterday - Marvel conducting screen tests for one of the final roles still looking to be cast in The Avengers, the all-star superhero ensemble being directed by Joss Whedon. Last night Samuel L. Jackson revealed on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon it is that of his "sidekick."

V star Morena Baccarin is on that list. Also said to be vying for the part are Jessica Lucas, Cobie Smulders and Mary Elizabeth Winstead, who are still negotiating their test deals for the part of a key member of the espionage agency run by Nick Fury, played in the Marvel movies byJackson. Some earlier speculation pegged the role to be that of Avengers team member Janet van Dyne/the Wasp, but Marvel declined to comment.

The test deals for the role involve a nine-picture option, so whoever snags the role has a chance to be seen in subsequent Marvel movies. There is also a 30-day hold on the actresses.

Baccarin, repped by ICM and Seven Summits, may have an edge since the actress did star in Whedon’s short-lived sci-fi TV series Firefly and its subsequent film spinoff, Serenity.

Lucas, repped by Gersh and Thruline Entertainment, was one of the stars of Melrose Place, appears in TV’s Friends With Benefits and has a role in Big Momma’s House 3.

Smulders, repped by UTA and Roar, is best known for her work in CBS' How I Met Your Mother.

Winstead, who played Ramona Flowers in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, next stars in Universal’s The Thing, the remake of the 1982 John Carpenter horror movie. She is repped by CAA.

The casting of the female actress will serve to (slightly) even the gender odds in male-heavy cast. Scarlett Johansson (as the Black Widow) is the only notable female in a roll call that includes Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man), Jackson (Nick Fury), Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye), Chris Evans (Captain America), Mark Ruffalo (Hulk) and Chris Hemsworth (Thor).

Avengers is slated for a start in late April.
    'V' Star Morena Baccarin Among Actresses on 'Avengers' Shortlist (Exclusive) - Heat Vision

4/13/10
    http://micechat.com/forums/movies/135250-avengers-5-4-12-directed-joss-whedon.html
    Last edited by ALIASd; 02-07-2011 at 08:14 PM.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: 'The Avengers'

I have no clue how this is the Avengers with out Antman and Wasp, they are a big part of the team, Wasp being the first female and Antman being more about thinking and reasoning over fighting

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Cobie Smulders in Final Negotiations for 'Avengers' Role

The "How I Met Your Mother" actress will play an agent of SHIELD in the Marvel Studios superhero ensemble movie from Joss Whedon

Cobie Smulders in Final Negotiations for 'Avengers' Role - Heat Vision
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

A message from Joss Whedon:

April 24 2011

Hi Pumpkins, joss here.

Tomorrow we start shooting (I THINK I'm legally permitted to say that). Day one. That's right. We'll be shooting the pivotal death/betrayal/product placement/setting up the sequel/coming out scene, at the following address:

[Marvel Lawyers rush in, take Joss's keyboard, blowtorch a picture of his family like in "Stormy Monday", drink his milkshake, leave the seat up, fluff his pillows, violently unfluff his pillows, leave]

Went too far. My bad. Anyhoo, it should be a fun day, followed by the eighty thousand other fun days it will take to finish this. I'll be checking in from time to time, if there's news or I crave attention (i.e. am awake) . None of it will be Avengers news -- I have some very denty pillows to remind of that -- but I may have tidbits. (They're not about Firefly. I should say that up front, if only to protect Sis Mo from the HATORZ.)

Some of you may be saying, Joss! Why this link, here, now, why, huh, howcum? My friend Allyx turned me on to these guys, and I'll tell you, they've gotten me through this intensely pressurized, preply time. I strongly recommend checking out their other vids -- I've watched them many many times, and I have a very special place for "Teamwork" in my heart. These guys are the guys. And IS there a better movie title than "Eagles Are Turning People Into Horses"? I thought not.

So wish me luck. DO IT! LUCK! NOW! I'm off to finish some Buffy pages, and then figure out what the movie is about already. I'm pretty sure it's about the Justice League [Marvel Lawyers re-enter, unspeakability occurs] or possibly something else. I'll get it. I've been looking forward to this. For about 46 years.

Catchphrase!

-j.

Film Greatness - Purple prose - Whedonesque.com
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Infinitized!

Found this on Mania.com...
    Favreau, Downey Jr. Talk AVENGERS - Mania.com
    ...first promo poster for The Avengers?

If so, I guess that's our first look at the Hawkeye costume?

• Infinitized!

Teaser trailer has been leaked:
    The Avengers: Teaser Trailer (Leaked) | Movie Moron

It's dark, but I'm sure the real deal will show up online shortly.

---------- Post added 07-18-2011 at 03:20 PM ----------

Is this poster official or fanmade?

• Banned User

the trailer from Comic-Con

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^FINALLY...looks good, I like Thors Costume and I liked Black Widow with long hair but makes more sense if she is fighting to have it shorter....cant wait til we get a fill trailer revealing the plot

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    the trailer from Comic-Con
    Actually That is not a comicon trailer (but I am sure it will be shown there too), that is on the end of Captain America. When you see the film this weekend, just be sure to stay through the credits.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Black Widow and Hawkeye SDCC 2011 exclusive concept art posters

• Shablagoo!

The Captain America and Iron Man posters are out there too.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50517
    Last edited by Melonballer; 07-22-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Who do you guys think the villain is going to be?? I'm really hoping for Apocalypse. He's really the only worth while villain I can think of... And I heard its suppose to be a trilogy, so if they did use him, the 2 sequels would be... interesting lol.

There's also Loki and the "Hulk Hunt" plot, but that's just kinda, meh to me... But that would make the most sense, knowing that Apocalypse really isn't an Avenger's Villain. But it would be awesome to see!!
    "Eating the World's Population, one person at a time!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Who do you guys think the villain is going to be?? I'm really hoping for Apocalypse. He's really the only worth while villain I can think of... And I heard its suppose to be a trilogy, so if they did use him, the 2 sequels would be... interesting lol.

There's also Loki and the "Hulk Hunt" plot, but that's just kinda, meh to me... But that would make the most sense, knowing that Apocalypse really isn't an Avenger's Villain. But it would be awesome to see!!
    Isn't Loki the Norse god of mischief? Or, if you have ever watched Stargate, I believe Loki was the source of the "alien abduction" stories:

Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

No lol. Loki as in Thor's brother... Loki (comics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "Eating the World's Population, one person at a time!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    No lol. Loki as in Thor's brother... Loki (comics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Still the comics are (loosely) based on Norse Mythology... All I know is that the Stargate version has Asgard being the race of aliens, and Thor, Freyr, Loki, and Heimdall were all used. Thor's Hammer was used as a security device, and Thor's Chariot was Thor's ship. I am a HUGE Stargate fan (I've met a few of the actors at conventions), so I always picture the "Roswell Gray" aliens from Stargate when people mention Thor, Loki, etc.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast