Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Re: 'Frozen' cools theatres 11/27/2013

Has anyone seen anything that would give an indication of what Disney is doing with this story?

I am thinking of Beauty and the Beast right now. When I was little, I heard the story but it of course did not have Mrs. Potts and Lumiere and Cogsworth and all those people in it and there was no villain like Gaston.

So, I bet Disney is going to do the same thing with the Snow Queen and create all sorts of characters that are original and will flesh out the Snow Queen story.

I just realized something too about the name -- maybe they are also changing the title because they were afraid that people would think it was a new version of "Snow White" or that it was a sequel to "Snow White". So that's why they are calling it "Frozen".

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    'Frozen' news as posted on 1/10 by Steve Hullett, Business Represententive of The Animation Guild, Local 839 IATSE:

TAG Blog: The Disney Experience
    Still way to early in the films work-in-progress stages for any actual production information to be public yet.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Work is going on with Frozen, with characters being modelled and production slowly ramping up. (One of the modelers showed me work in progress. The characters are going to have their own distinct looks.)
    - 5/4 Steve Hulett, Business Rep for The Animation Guild Local 839

TAG Blog: Disney Afternoon

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Walt Disney Animation Studios' 'Frozen' will feature original songs by Robert Lopez (Co-Writer of Tony Award-winning musicals 'The Book of Mormon' and 'Avenue Q') and Kristen Anderson-Lopez ('Winnie the Pooh') and star Kristen Bell, as previously reported, and Tony winner Idina Menzel ('Wicked').

synopsis:

'Frozen" chronicles, "A prophecy trapping a kingdom in eternal winter. Anna (Bell) must team with Kristoff, a daring mountain man, on the grandest of journeys to find The Snow Queen (Menzel) and put an end to the icy spell. Encountering Everest-like extremes, mystical creatures and magic at every turn, Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom from destruction."
    Last edited by ALIASd; 06-11-2012 at 01:00 PM.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Minion

Idina Menzel and the use of the Avenue Q guys sounds good and I'm willing to cut the movie some slack with that, but it sounds like they threw out the book and its protagonists entirely. I know Disney loves to tweak the hell out of the stories they adapt, but even the most modified ones still have some resemblance to the source material and use the actual characters. Dropping Gerda and Kai for what sounds like a wintery version of the Rapunzel/Flynn dynamic is reeeaaally troubling. If they skip out on that cursed mirror while they're at it, then what was the point of doing a Snow Queen movie at all? It's like American Dog/Bolt all over again.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123