• Iron-Clad Allie

Enjoy Avengers D-Box Motion Simulator Ride Seats At Galaxy Theaters! Videos Included

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/d-box-motion-seats-move-into-two-more-galaxy-theatres-87803557.html

What could be better than taking in the world's first film to feature an ensemle team of well known super comic book heroes? How about experiencing the Avengers in a special gyrating D-Box motion simulator theater seat at a local Galaxy theater complex for the bargain price of only $8 more? My understanding is that the D-BOX theater sections have seats that one can adjust to the intensity level they prefer. D-BOX motion code cinema system generates pitch, roll, vibrations (etc) that interacts with films for thrilling simulator enhanced movie experiences in traditional movie theater environments. Oh, the many wonders the future has in store for us!

D-BOX - How It Works
    D-BOX - How does it work? - YouTube

D-BOX Demonstration and Comments From Movie Goers
    Prince of Persia with D-BOX at the Palladium IMAX, San Antonio, TX - YouTube

D-Box Avengers Movie Trailers
    Prince of Persia with D-BOX at the Palladium IMAX, San Antonio, TX - YouTube
    "Avengers" Bande-annonce pour les sièges D-BOX - HD - YouTube
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: Enjoy Avengers D-Box Motion Simulator Ride Seats At Galaxy Theaters! Videos Inclu

^awful close to a commercial...

BTW - the theatres at the ghost town aka Gardenwalk in Anaheim offer the $8 upcharge for this bringing the adult ticket to $19.50, enjoy.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Enjoy Avengers D-Box Motion Simulator Ride Seats At Galaxy Theaters! Videos Inclu

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    ^awful close to a commercial...

BTW - the theatres at the ghost town aka Gardenwalk in Anaheim offer the $8 upcharge for this bringing the adult ticket to $19.50, enjoy.
    A cost factor of $19.50 would be well spent on a simulator experience of a riveting film like the Avengers, especially considering that most people live in areas that are not anywhere close to a major theme park such as Disneyland and Universal studios..

• Infinitized!

We have a few theaters here in Calgary that have the D-Box, but I haven't tried them yet. Don't want to spill my drink with the chair moving all around.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    We have a few theaters here in Calgary that have the D-Box, but I haven't tried them yet. Don't want to spill my drink with the chair moving all around.
    Whoo boy! These theaters are spreading like wildfire. I haven't thought about riding and drinking until now. You inspire me with the best ideas, Barbosa!

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Whoo boy! These theaters are spreading like wildfire. I haven't thought about riding and drinking until now. You inspire me with the best ideas, Barbosa!
    It's like that bumper sticker: "Don't drink and drive; you might hit a bump and spill your drink."

I tried it with The Hunger Games, I didn't feel it was worth the extra $, unfortunately. Cool in theory, less awesome in reality IMO.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    It's like that bumper sticker: "Don't drink and drive; you might hit a bump and spill your drink."
    Perhaps I should use a designated D-Box driver while I drink.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
    I tried it with The Hunger Games, I didn't feel it was worth the extra $, unfortunately. Cool in theory, less awesome in reality IMO.
    Perhaps the Avengers will be a more exciting movie to test it out on. Plus, the new technology is lilely to periodically improve.

• Still lost in Neverland

Where are these theaters located? Any in California?
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• "Always On The Move..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I know we have one here in Central CA, right in the town next to mine at the local outlet. Haven't tried it yet as I just haven't felt the need to pay the upcharge.
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    You can find them at Galaxy Theaters in Atascadero, Glendale, Porterville, Riverbank and Tulare. If there is an Ultra star theater in your area, it might also have MFX motion seats.

I'm going to watch the upcoming wild Snow White and the Huntsman flick soon!

---------- Post added 05-30-2012 at 11:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    I know we have one here in Central CA, right in the town next to mine at the local outlet. Haven't tried it yet as I just haven't felt the need to pay the upcharge.
    Try it, you'll like it!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-30-2012 at 10:36 PM.