• -

Joss Whedon to Write and Direct The Avengers 2

Superherohype reported the following yesterday:

During Disney's earnings call today, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Bob Iger announced that Joss Whedon has officially signed on to write and direct The Avengers 2. He also revealed that Whedon will have a hand in the creation of the proposed Marvel TV show for ABC.
    It is obviously no surprise that Disney and Marvel Studios wanted Whedon back, as the first film is third on the all-time worldwide box office list with $1.461 billion.
    UPDATE: Marvel Studios released the following statement regarding Joss Whedon:
    "Joss Whedon has signed an exclusive deal with Marvel Studios for film and television through the end of June 2015. As part of that deal, Whedon will write and direct Marvel's The Avengers 2 as well as help develop a new live action series for Marvel Television at ABC. He will also contribute creatively to the next phase of Marvel’s cinematic universe."
    So it definitely sounds like we'll be getting The Avengers 2 in 2015.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Joss Whedon to Write and Direct The Avengers 2

Eat your heart out DC.....better get on writing more then just Superman and Batman or else get left on the dust

Glad to hear Marvel is doing so well...besides Ironman 2 all the films they have made in the last 4 years have been good-great more then I can say for most studios

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Disney announced today that their second 'Avengers' film will be released on
    May 1, 2015
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• -

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Disney announced today that their second 'Avengers' film will be released on
    May 1, 2015
    Can't wait!
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."