Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• -

Christopher Nolan Comments on Man of Steel and Justice League

It's nice to hear he is involved with both. If he can bring to these projects what he brought to Batman, I have high hopes.

Christopher Nolan Talks Man of Steel and Justice League Role | Superhero Hype
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: Christopher Nolan Comments on Man of Steel and Justice League

Ok here is my opinion

Christopher Nolan could do great things for Superman.
    Henry Cavill makes a wonderful Superman in photos...
    but...
    I'm still nervous about the movies abilities but have high hopes. It is a star studded cast...I just can't shake the feeling of forboding doom.

I hope my feelings are wrong but either way I know my son and I will be watching it next summer!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Ok here is my opinion

Christopher Nolan could do great things for Superman.
    Henry Cavill makes a wonderful Superman in photos...
    but...
    I'm still nervous about the movies abilities but have high hopes. It is a star studded cast...I just can't shake the feeling of forboding doom.

I hope my feelings are wrong but either way I know my son and I will be watching it next summer!
    I empathize with your apprehension. I am excited for this movie, but after rewatching the first Donner movie this is going to have a lot to live up to. I am also super disappointed that they will be using a new score and not the classic John Williams theme.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Danny Elfman's BATMAN score was iconic but the DARK KNIGHT score has it's own cache'.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

You know ive never liked superman, im more of a batman girl but if nolan makes it I'll go see it

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• -

A new photo of Superman (along with a couple other movies) has just been posted.

New Photos From Oblivion, Man of Steel and World War Z | Superhero Hype

I think this new guy has the right look for Superman. I just wish they added the trademark curly-q lock of hair in front to complete the look.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I think this new guy has the right look for Superman. I just wish they added the trademark curly-q lock of hair in front to complete the look.
    Yes and Yes

And "this guy" is Henry Cavill. He was Charles Brandon from Showtime's The Tudors and young Albert Mondego from The Count of Monte Cristo

The man is beautiful but that is the fan girl in me *squeeing* with joy.

Forgive her

• -

And "this guy" is Henry Cavill. He was Charles Brandon from Showtime's The Tudors and young Albert Mondego from The Count of Monte Cristo
    I never realized he did anything else. I thought they got an unknown for the role.

• -

David Goyer gave some of his insights on the movie.

David S. Goyer Talks About Man of Steel | Superhero Hype

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I never realized he did anything else. I thought they got an unknown for the role.
    Oh he is not unknown by any means...well not unknown to me and those who watched the Tudors at least.

• -

Oh he is not unknown by any means...well not unknown to me and those who watched the Tudors at least.
    That's probably why. For some reason I never was able to get into that show.

• -

Russell Crowe has given his opinion of the new film.
    Russell Crowe Talks Man of Steel | Superhero Hype

• -

I hope it's not true, but the latest rumor is that Jimmy Olsen will be a girl in this movie.

Is Jimmy Olsen a Woman in Man of Steel? | Superhero Hype

I really hate when they stray from the source material. Something this big could actually make or break the movie.

Oh ew...I don't think I like that at all.

See...those fears...rising inside me again...

• -

Not surprising, but in a recent article in Variety, DC has confirmed that they are waiting to see how Superman does before moving forward with Justice League.

Robinov retains pic power base, but speculation stirs | Variety

Stakes are high for "Man of Steel." Other than Nolan's Batpics, Warners has not been able to effectively exploit the DC library. Its 2011 "Green Lantern" underperformed, and a "Justice League" film wouldn't likely be in theaters before 2015, as Warner's top brass has indicated that they are awaiting the results of "Man of Steel," which opens June 14, before moving further ahead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast