Joss Whedon: Quicksilver & Scarlett Witch Will Be In The Avengers 2

Movie Pictures | Movie Posters - Yahoo! Movies

Joss Whedon Confirms Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch to Appear in ‘Avengers 2′

Joss Whedon always loves the opportunity to give the Marvel fanbase something to get excited about and it looks like he has given them two things to look forward to in the next installment of “Avengers 2.”

In an interview with IGN, Whedon confirmed the rumor that Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch, two popular characters from the Marvel Universe, will be appearing in the sequel.

In the comics, the two were siblings that first appeared in the “X-Men” comics in 1964 and have made appearances in “Avenger” story lines over the years.

Fans were already excited to see at the end of the first film that Thanos would be the main villain in the next pic and this should only get them more excited.

Whedon’s next task is who should play them and that question should be answered soon. So who do you think would make a good Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch?
    SWEET!!! The second question is, will they be good or bad? Quicksilver has been members of the brotherhood in previous incarnations, but both the brother & sister (who are both son & daughter of the powerful mutant known as Magneto) have been members of the Avengers in previous incarnations as well. One of them being the JLA vs The Avengers crossover comic.

As for who to play them, ScarJo would have been good for the Scarlett Witch had she not already been cast as Black Widow. Unfortunately, the only two red headed actress that come to mind are Amy Adams and Kate Walsh and neither of them are good for the role. None come to mind for silver haired Quicksilver. It will be interesting nonetheless. Exciting news.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• -

Re: Joss Whedon: Quicksilver & Scarlett Witch Will Be In The Avengers 2

It will be interesting to see if they acknowledge their Magneto ties.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Rather than start another thread with a similar title, I will just continue it here.....

Movie Pictures | Movie Posters - Yahoo! Movies

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch Confirmed As Baddies In ‘Avengers’ Sequel

Despite the fact that the details of superhero movies are more secretive than the most elite branches of the government these days, Joss Whedon has given ‘Avengers’ fans an early gift by putting an end to the speculation and confirming the identities of the villains in the sequel. Ladies and gentleman, your “Avengers 2” baddies are…Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.
    The very busy writer/director had recently teased that two new characters, specifically a brother-sister act would be entering the “Avengers” fray, but Whedon did not reveal that said duo would be the troublemakers in the next movie until he spoke with IGN about the subject.

“You know, they had a rough beginning,” Whedon said of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. “They’re interesting to me because they sort of represent the part of the world that wouldn’t necessarily agree with The Avengers. So they’re not there to make things easier. I’m not putting any characters in the movie that will make things easier.”

So who exactly are these villains? Pietro Maximoff, aka Quicksilver, and Wanda Maximoff, aka Scarlet Witch, are twin siblings who actually made their Marvel comics debut in the “X-Men” comics back in 1964. They are the offspring of “X-Men” baddie Magneto and human mother Magda, and thanks to dear old dad’s mutant genes have some nifty abilities.

As his name suggests, Quicksilver moves and thinks at supersonic speeds and Scarlet Witch manipulates probability via hexes. Although in the comics the twins are troublemakers for the Avengers at first, they later join up with Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, so it will be interesting to see how that plays out in the highly-anticipated sequel, which hits theaters on May 1, 2015.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Awesome!
    For the love of Disney....