Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Warning, SPOILERS are welcome......

So what did any of you think of tonight's pilot episode? I'm still watching it and so far, it is really awesome!!!!
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• secure all cargo

Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Warning, SPOILERS are welcome......

[PSEUDO SPOILER] It was watchable, but honestly I was a bit underwhelmed. I know it was just the first episode, but I've been blown away by several other show's debut's before, and this one just didn't have much that stood out. And I'm still really not sure how I feel about the explanation for Coulson coming back. I kind of feel were I to revisit the film now that his death loses it's impact. Well, I'll keep watching anyway, we'll see.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

• Golden State of Mind

I don't like that Coulson is back. It does nothing but take away a little from the Avengers.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Singing Drinker

As discussed in the thread over in the TV forum, just not for me. I like the Marvel universe, but didn't like the Avengers movie and am not a Whedon fan.
    Credibility is to be sought for. Credulity is not. Sadly the latter is our normal human state.

Quote Originally Posted by 3IAlienKid View Post
    [PSEUDO SPOILER] It was watchable, but honestly I was a bit underwhelmed. I know it was just the first episode, but I've been blown away by several other show's debut's before, and this one just didn't have much that stood out. And I'm still really not sure how I feel about the explanation for Coulson coming back. I kind of feel were I to revisit the film now that his death loses it's impact. Well, I'll keep watching anyway, we'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I don't like that Coulson is back. It does nothing but take away a little from the Avengers.
    Yes, but if you remember from the first episode, one of the other characters says to Agent Hill something along the lines of "Tahiti? He really doesn't know, does he?" To which she replies "No, and he should never know."

Which implies a background storyline that will leave some members of the audience wanting to know more.

Speaking of which, now I wonder who it was that texted Skye during the closing minutes of last week's episode?
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• secure all cargo

2nd episode is a huge improvement over the first. There was a big step forward in the individual characters starting to take shape, plus there's a solid chemistry building here that the 1st episode's story really didn't allow for. (I think it would have been smarter to have done the 1st episode as 2 hours instead). Anyway, I'm really glad they're not going to go the route of every week finding the next superhero, for me that would be boring.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.