Back in 1955, when there were literally only about four or five engineers on the Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad, the engineers were issued pins that designated their position. These pins probably came from the same company that manufatured the Conductor hat badges (Los Angeles Stamp and Steel).

The Engineer pins were quite large--1 3/4" in diameter, and plated in bright chrome with blue inlay. This is one of the rarest pieces of Disneyland Railroad memorabilia in existence. Even I have never seen one in person.

However, a few years ago, a woman doing some geneological research had heard a story passed down that her grandfather had been the very first engineer on the SF&D RR on Opening Day. Turns out, he was. The family still had his engineer badge, and they kindly sent photos to me. I asked for additional information, like dimensions and what kind of back it had. Here's the original:

This photo doesn't do the original justice. In fact it's quite shiny, but it does show its age in the chipped paint.

Now, a former Disneyland Railroad Conductor has now reproduced this excruciatingly rare pin in exacting detail, right down to its massive size. Here's what they look like:

The pins come with broach style pin backs just like the original. They are available to MiceChat members for $22.95 each, post paid. You can pay via Paypal by entering the following email address on the Paypal site:

[email protected]

Only 160 of this first run are currently available. These pins were not produced nor are they affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company.