Help with selling WDCC Nightmare Before Christmas Figures

Hello. I have 9 WDCC Nightmare Before Christmas figures with COA and original box. Everywhere I look online these are being sold for $120-to $300 or so. I have:

Jack - (He had an accident and broke an arm)
    Sally
    Zero
    Mayor
    Dr. Finkelstein
    Lock
    Shock
    Barrel
    The Gate

I have a feeling that trying to sell these pieces is not going to be easy as I do see them on Ebay and it seems nobody is buying them.

Does anyone have any insight on how much they are worth or can sell for. I appreciate the help.

I also have a 10th Anniversary Snow Globe brand new still wrapped in plastic. Any ideas on that?

Thank you!

Re: Help with selling WDCC Nightmare Before Christmas Figures

Is there anyone out there who has any insight on this? Anyone who is looking to have any or all of these pieces. I am desperately trying to get rid of them to a new owner who really wants them. They are beautiful pieces and I have had them since the early 2000's or so when they came out. But currently they sit in their boxes inside of a nice big cardboard box not doing anything, but taking up some space. As much as I would like to keep them I have no use for these WDCC pieces. From what I have read, to obtain Lock, Shock and Barrel is something nice as they are not around as much as some of the other pieces. I posted this on the 26th of October and have not heard anything, if someone out there has any information on how or where to sell these for the money they are worth it would great. I put them up on Craigslist and someone wanted to give me only $350 for all nine WDCC pieces and my 10th Anniversary Snowglobe. I figured that was way too low as that would be on average selling the pieces for only $30-$35. I have never seen a piece used or new sell for that low. He stated to me that they sell from $50 on down. I have never seen that. Especially for retired hard to come by pieces. I appreciate any and all help with this. Thank you.

Re: Help with selling WDCC Nightmare Before Christmas Figures

I sympathize with your problem. Mostly, you're just facing a very tough economy which has led many people to liquidate their collectibles. So prices for most made-to-be-collectibles have fallen dramatically. When you find WDCC figures being offered online, most of the time these are dealers who are willing to wait for a willing buyer to pay their asking price. If you want to find the current market value, you can search the Completed Auctions on eBay to see what WDCC figures are selling for. You aren't likely to find the exact pieces you have, but you can get a sense of what people are willing to pay - at least on impulse.

I've seen the market for WDCC go through several cycles in the past 20 years, and we're undoubtedly in a trough. If you want to sell your items quickly, you'll probably have to accept a fraction of their original cost. You can always contact WDCC dealers to see if they would be interested. And posting on Disney collectibles boards is always a good idea. Otherwise, you're probably best off trying to sell them on eBay. If you can afford the time, you can try setting a reasonable reserve price or a modestly high opening bid to test them out for a week. Then if you don't sell, you can always offer them again at a lower price.

I would expect your snowglobe to hold its value better than the WDCC figures, but that's mostly based on my casual observations and not recent experience because I don't deal in WDCC anymore and haven't had any snowglobes in quite some time. In any case, that's how things look to me. Good luck!
    Rick Trethewey
    Rainbo Animation Art