• Disney Pure-ist

Completely Original and Custom Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean inspired Rain Lamp.

Hello, just letting the Disneyland fanatics know that I just finished creating a one of a kind Rain Lamp build. I call it:

"It Be Too Late To Alter Course...."

See photos here in chronological order:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=dc0114f9dd

*The reason I didn't upload pics directly, is because MC kept giving me errors, saying not the right size and such, that Facebook Album linking is just easier. I tried multiple ways to no avail...Anyhow...

The theme of the lamp is inspired by the Skeleton at Helm or Skeleton Helmsman scene within the Pirate's of the Caribbean attraction. It has always been one of my favorite scenes, especially now that the original Captain(aka BlackBeard) of the Wicked Wench had been replaced with Barbossa.

Anyhow this is a complete "from scratch" rebuild of the lamp. It has been themed out with Black and Gold paint, pinstripe, real nautical rope, treasure chest, and two sources of LED lighting. The main LED lightbulb is multicolored and multi-functional, and is controlled with remote control. The LED lit "cave" is using mini LEDs that randomly flicker, and are powered by 2 AA batteries hiding atop in the hinged treasure chest, where there is an ON/OFF button for the cave flickering, stuffed inside. The rope and chest have both been given the weathered look. The lamp has 2 sets of different sized string to create a contrasting line flow. It has an 8 foot swag chain that is gold and black speckled.

This lamp will be going on eBay as early as this Friday, and figured I would share here, in case some were interested. Please feel free to email/Private message me with any questions. I will ship anywhere in U.S., extremely well packaged!) This lamp is perfect for the home, or commercial tiki/pirate bar.

Here is a link to the facebook video:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=636522916388469&l=1626983774029415580

EBAY LINK LAUNCHED. Here is the auction:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/151131901993
    Last edited by Tom Slick; 09-27-2013 at 11:13 AM. Reason: added video and photo links to facebook

• Disney Pure-ist

Re: Completely Original and Custom Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean inspired Rain La

•   
    • Lurking in the corners

Blog Entries

Re: Completely Original and Custom Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean inspired Rain La

Not my style to purchase, but you did an amazing job with this retrofit! If I was a PoTC fan I'd jump right on it! Best of luck with the auction.

“That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

• Disney Pure-ist

Thank you for the kind words, A.H. . Many hours into this one, for sure.

That skeleton looks w-a-a-ay too happy!
    "Ignore the Chihuahua behind the curtain."