• Closed Account

Auction of Rare (Really) Disneyland Collectibles!

A friend of mine, Ron Stark (his company, S/R Labs, is one of the most respected animation cel restoration companies in the world) is auctioning off some unbelievable Disneyland items--including the one-of-a-kind banner that hung across Main Street announcing the new Grand Canyon Diorama, as well as an SF&D Lamp sign. You must register to see the catalog, which is available for free in PDF format.

ANNOUNCING

SPECIAL DISNEYLAND VINTAGE POSTER AUCTION

JULY 16 and 17, 2007

We are very excited to announce that we have been granted the exclusive rights to offer a remarkable collection of extraordinarily rare original vintage Disneyland posters, flags, and banners from the earliest years of the Park. Since they were first seen, these items have been in the possession of their creator and have just been released for sale through S/R Labs.

The auction will be held July 16 and 17, and will be a telephone auction only, following our standard auction format. No catalog will be produced for this sale. The posters and descriptions will be posted solely on our WebCenter© at www.srlabs.com beginning July 2, along with information regarding participation in the auction.

This is one of the most exciting collector opportunities to come along in the 50-year history of Disneyland, and you won’t want to miss it. These extraordinary posters and banners are rare, wonderful, in excellent condition, and overflowing with more nostalgia than you can imagine.

Mark your calendar to visit our WebCenter on July 2 and to join in the excitement on July 16.

Summer is vacation time for many people, so if you are going to be away on the days of the auction, please give us a call and we will help you participate even though you will be floating on a raft in the Bahamas. And, of course, please call us at 818-991-9955 or email to [email protected] if you have any questions at all about this special event.

I’ll talk to you then.

Ron Stark
    Director

•   
    • Super Hero

Re: Auction of Rare (Really) Disneyland Collectibles!

I got that e-mail from Ron and was just going to post about it, but you beat me to it!

It's all a little too spendy for me, but I hope you get the "Dino-Rama" banner, Steve!
    Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab
    I still can't figure out where that strap goes.

• Closed Account

Nope, Wanda, it's all too rich for my blood as well!

Turns out that Hortie Van produced the banners in the 1950s/60s, and after use at the park were just kept in the warehouse, in fine condition. Hortie Van is the company some of you may know as having created the builder's plates for DRR engines 1 and 2.

• Closed Account

Here's the banner, in use. This is certainly one of the rarest pieces one can own. But you better have the space to display it!

Photo courtesy Daveland.

•   
    • Super Hero

It would look loverly over your house, don't you think, Steve?

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab
    I still can't figure out where that strap goes.

• Closed Account

Wanda, I think the banner is longer than my house!