Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

E Ticket Magazine Complete Collection

A complete collection of the E Ticket Magazine is being sold on E-Bay. It has all the issues. A must have for any Serious Disney Collector.

• Banned User

Re: E Ticket Magazine Complete Collection

Yes, a complete must, BUT who will be able to afford it? Some of the older issues have gone for hundreds on ebay, let alone the entire collection. I would love to have it, but my pocket book tells me no.

I think the seller should have started it low and let the market decide the price. Also, two of them are copies? Not even a full original set.

• Banned User

So right! A really serious collector would want originals of the entire collection not copies. I have bookmarked it just to watch it, I will be surprized to see it sell at the current opening price. You can purchase CDs with copies of all the older ones on it from their web site at a fraction of the cost.

• Distant Disneylandaholic

This price seems extremely high to me--I doubt it will sell for $4,000. I've not been willing to pay the prices for #s 1-6 for my otherwise complete collection, and have found that printing them off the CD in black & white back-to-back, then printing the covers in color, and stapling the whole thing together has worked just fine for my collection. They look good, they read like a magazine, including the 2-page spreads, and it's much cheaper. I highly recommend the CDs of 1-8 and 9-16.

E-Bay Price Lowered on E-Ticket Magazine Complete Collection

The price was lowered on the complete collection of the E-Ticket Magazine collection on E-Bay.

Re: E-Bay Price Lowered on E-Ticket Magazine Complete Collection

It will be interesting to watch it this time too. The advantage I see to this listing is that someone can get a nearly complete set (just 2 photocopies) in one shot--saving time and postage of trying to put together a complete set. However, the listing of $3,700 divided by 48 issues (45 issues + 3 extras) is still $77 per magazine. Obviously the later ones are worth less and the earlier ones are worth more. But, that's a lot per issue overall.

Issues #24-#45 and Toad are available from the E-Ticket website for a total of $232 (some are $8, some are $14), or $10 per magazine. #1-#16 are on the CDs for $78 total--pretty inexpensive on a per magazine basis, but then you have to print them, and they're still not the originals. That just leaves a hole from #17-#23, which would make a great CD #3 someday.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to watch the auction. If someone does buy it, they'll be getting an impressive, and wonderful collection. I love reading the E-Ticket. I have ebay send me an email when anything E-Ticket comes up, and those first 6 issues RARELY come up, and when they do they're out of my price range.

If you look at the older 6 isues on ebay for 'buy it now', those six add up to about $1,800.00. I dont think the price is to out of line for the complete series. I wish I had the money.

Not much lower from the last time it was listed. I still think the seller should just start it low and let the market decide the price. The posts on this set really seem to be coming from the seller trying to promote his auction while pretending not to be the seller. Not saying that is what it is, but what it looks like to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    If you look at the older 6 isues on ebay for 'buy it now', those six add up to about $1,800.00. I dont think the price is to out of line for the complete series. I wish I had the money.
    That's true, however those Buy It Nows are through stores, and some of those have been listed for a long time without selling, so I don't think "BIN" there represents "market". BIN is only market if someone buys it.

The beauty of ebay and a higher starting bid amount, is that if the set is worth $3,699 to the seller but not more to buyers, the seller doesn't have to sell. If it's only worth a max $3,699 to the seller but $3,700 or more to a buyer out there, the set changes hands. We know the market said $4,000 is too much. Maybe $3,700 won't be. In any case, I'll be watching it out of curiosity And if the seller is posting or reading here, I do hope it sells, because that means two people out there can be happy (buyer and seller)
    Last edited by Dr. G; 03-31-2008 at 04:16 PM. Reason: clarify

• Banned User

$77 per mag is still too high. As much as I want this set, the seller wants your first born also. If you ever go to the Disneyana shows in Anahiem, CA in June or Jan, E Ticket Magazine is there selling old copies for about $7 each. True, they don't have all copies, but the price the seller is asking is too much. You can also go to their web site and pick up some of the older mags also and not that inflated. Perhaps the seller needs some cash to pay off a debt or something. Good luck to him but this isn't a true complete set. The CD Roms are also available online at their web site.

Quote Originally Posted by dcs287 View Post
    $77 per mag is still too high. As much as I want this set, the seller wants your first born also. If you ever go to the Disneyana shows in Anahiem, CA in June or Jan, E Ticket Magazine is there selling old copies for about $7 each. True, they don't have all copies, but the price the seller is asking is too much. You can also go to their web site and pick up some of the older mags also and not that inflated. Perhaps the seller needs some cash to pay off a debt or something. Good luck to him but this isn't a true complete set. The CD Roms are also available online at their web site.

I think you have to look at it as #'s 2 and 4-12 with the 2 annuals are worth the high value. You cant figure $77.00 each as the later issues are only worth $8 -$10. each

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost View Post
    Not much lower from the last time it was listed. I still think the seller should just start it low and let the market decide the price. The posts on this set really seem to be coming from the seller trying to promote his auction while pretending not to be the seller. Not saying that is what it is, but what it looks like to me.

Would you put up a classic car at a low price and see what the market decides its worth? No, you put up a price of value for your time and effort on restoring a classic car. You can always spend your time and money going to junk yards and making your own car. This might be a cheaper way of getting your classic, but some people buy things that other people have put toghter for them and enjoy the rewards.

I can see putting up one issue at a low price and seeing what market value is, but not a whole set.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. G View Post
    It will be interesting to watch it this time too. The advantage I see to this listing is that someone can get a nearly complete set (just 2 photocopies) in one shot--saving time and postage of trying to put together a complete set. However, the listing of $3,700 divided by 48 issues (45 issues + 3 extras) is still $77 per magazine. Obviously the later ones are worth less and the earlier ones are worth more. But, that's a lot per issue overall.

Issues #24-#45 and Toad are available from the E-Ticket website for a total of $232 (some are $8, some are $14), or $10 per magazine. #1-#16 are on the CDs for $78 total--pretty inexpensive on a per magazine basis, but then you have to print them, and they're still not the originals. That just leaves a hole from #17-#23, which would make a great CD #3 someday.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to watch the auction. If someone does buy it, they'll be getting an impressive, and wonderful collection. I love reading the E-Ticket. I have ebay send me an email when anything E-Ticket comes up, and those first 6 issues RARELY come up, and when they do they're out of my price range.

You can always buy, xerox, etc... anything. What is offered here are original E ticket magazines. A serious collector might want to own a REAL copy of an old magazine that is hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
    You can always buy, xerox, etc... anything. What is offered here are original E ticket magazines. A serious collector might want to own a REAL copy of an old magazine that is hard to find.
    No, they are not. Most of them are, but not all of them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast