Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Nightmare Before Christmas 15th Anniversary Product Release and Signing

Quote Originally Posted by davidleslie View Post
    So how did the product release go? Did anyone get in to see my friends Elisabet and Dave? By the way, this is David Bird I get to do real stained glass for the resort....Just wait until you see what I have designed for the 2009 Haunted Mansion event!

dave
    THAT is what I am waiting for. The HM anniversary. When IS that anyway??? I am flying from Seattle for it!

By stained glass do you mean the mosaics?? I saw a couple of them on Ebay today. Very cool.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Just as a heads up, they've still got some of the NBC merch released today. When we bought the stained glass and man-eating wreath plaque, there were about 100 left of each, and this was at, oh, 3ish this afternoon. Just giving the heads up that they seem to have some stuff still there, so if you're thinking about going tomorrow to get it, it is worth a shot.

Hi again everyone....No, I don't do mosaics, just stained glass. Check out my blog at tikiglass.blogspot.com for a few of my latest pieces. They are still not sure about the date...still in the planning stages. I can't wait! You can see my regular bio at

http://www.register123.com/event/pro...ID=0x361777a9d

I really don't like the "printed" type stained glass...I don't think that they will last too long. Mine in real glass and will last for generations (unless it is broken!) BUT I really can't wait for the big event next year though...
    dave

I got in line at 9am and thought I was doomed. It took 2.5 hours to get into Disneyana. With only 300 available of the pieces I wanted, I thought for sure I was out of luck but sure enough, I got everything I wanted. They didn't do the usual closing the store at 11am for an hour to clean and reset it, they just left it open longer. Not sure how long, but there was still a small line to get in at 1:30pm. At 7pm, every single item, except a couple of the tiles, was still available. Somewhat frustrating since I could have gotten everything without waiting, but at least this way I got the artist signatures.
    Times like this set you up to think that perhaps you don't have to line up...but I know, just when the next event comes up and I let my guard down, that will be the one that sells out of everything!
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

This release went horrible in my opinion. It was so slow. I was maybe 30 people or so back in line. For those that weren't there, They were letting you into the store in small groups, you went to the register, they rang you up and then you went to the back room where they had tables set up where they pulled your order, opened them so you could inspect and then you were on your way. Sounds pretty simple......

From the time stamp on my receipt until a cast member took my receipt to start pulling my order took 48 mins! I was up towards the front of the line and I saw how long it got. I was really feeling sorry for those towards the back if it was going to take this long.

Also, I saw something that I see way too often, they are barely into a release and I heard the lead from Disneyana telling another Cast Member to call Merch 1 (head of stores in Disneyland on duty at the time), scrambling to find more Cast Members from Empoirum or anywhere else on Main Street....

They seem like they are never prepaired.....

I have a sugesstion........ FESTIVAL ARENA! Lots of room there! You could set up tons of tables for guests to check their merchandise and move everything quickly. You have have room for the artists to sign there so everything dosen't have to be unboxed, checked out, boxed back up, taken next door, wait in another line, unbox, sign and box again...

I completely agree. You would think that they would learn from past experience but it just seems to get worse. All I know is that the events are so much more fun than the merchandise signings.

• Banned User

A friend went this morning and got me the item that I wanted. The man eating wreath plaque. I was SHOCKED they were still left! She said yesterday was a horror.The line was NOT moving in 2 hours she was there.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by davidleslie View Post
    Hi again everyone....No, I don't do mosaics, just stained glass. Check out my blog at tikiglass.blogspot.com for a few of my latest pieces. They are still not sure about the date...still in the planning stages. I can't wait! You can see my regular bio at

http://www.register123.com/event/pro...ID=0x361777a9d

I really don't like the "printed" type stained glass...I don't think that they will last too long. Mine in real glass and will last for generations (unless it is broken!) BUT I really can't wait for the big event next year though...
    dave
    That Jack is amazing! I love stained glass! And agree about the printed type. It's not nearly as special.

Look forward to your art for the HM event!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost View Post
    I have a sugesstion........ FESTIVAL ARENA! Lots of room there! You could set up tons of tables for guests to check their merchandise and move everything quickly. You have have room for the artists to sign there so everything dosen't have to be unboxed, checked out, boxed back up, taken next door, wait in another line, unbox, sign and box again...
    I don't think they could have done it this year. I'm not too certain, but they have the Halloween stuff back there right now, right?

• It's all about Theme!

I Just got mine over the phone.

The problem I had was that the shipping was a whopper! $40 to Ship + $80 Retail
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Yeah, I learned my lesson a loooong time ago (probably the 40th ETR Shag release in '03). Don't bother with getting get up early and waiting in that stinkin' line! It's always the same mess!

I walked in about 3pm on Saturday and bought everything I wanted: one each of the plaque, HM stained glass and countdown clock.

Maybe I might pick up the Radko ornaments later, I'm still thinking about it. I know they'll be around for a while.

Last edited by DOOM BGI; 10-06-2008 at 06:46 PM.
    --Jonathan

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    I Just got mine over the phone.

The problem I had was that the shipping was a whopper! $40 to Ship + $80 Retail
    I called today to ask Disneyana what they charged to ship a wreath...91.00!!!!! I am SO sure! I paid on the phone and a friend will pick it up in So. Cal. and hold it til I arrive in November. Just rediculous shipping cost.

• The one and only

i had someone pick up the countdown clock for me..

i had been looking for one for about a year now.

glad i finnally got it,

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jordiekins View Post
    i had someone pick up the countdown clock for me..

i had been looking for one for about a year now.

glad i finnally got it,
    Those were amazing looking! I got the Man eathing wreath plaque. I wish I could have afforded both! I DID get the wreath though that they had last year, with the skull mask on it, and the black and white bow. I am WAY excited about that too!

DeliveEars took pity on me and only charged me $78 to ship both the wreath and the stained glass piece. Still outrageous but what are you gonna do? I'm not going to the park til December and wanted to make sure I got the pieces

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast