Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112

• You have much to learn...

Re: Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary Merchandise Event 9/9/09

Ok, now that it is over- What did everyone think about it?

I for one, was a Grim Grinning Ghost & was really upset by most of the event- Although I didn't wait nearly as long to register as others did- I was still pissed waiting 2 1/2 - 3 hours to registr, while I heard others waited up to 5 hours or more.

I wasn't crazy about the weathervane dinner package gift. I did really like the tile that everyone got. I felt sorry for the Hitchhikers since they really didn't get much other than the tile, early registration pin, a glass of water and a slice of cake!

The dinner was pretty good, but the event itself wasn't much more than riding the mansion & the fog over the river- which I've experienced several times in the past. They should have had the bride and groom and bridal party roaming thru the mansion as we rode thru- or at least place the Hatbox ghost that they were auctioning off at D23 in the attic as an added bonus- but no.

After over 20 years of running events, you would think Disney may finally get a clue and do things right- but I felt they dropped the ball big time once again. But I'm sure I'll do it all again in the next event.

I just wanted to thank everyone who braved the event....as an artist, I am so grateful for all of you. I heard about the registration and saw the long lines but all of you are so complimentary of our work...we do it for you. I always tell the guests that even I can't afford my own work! Starving artist huh?

By the way, I am David Bird and I work in glass! I have had such fun over the years and hope to continue, well, forever.

Thanks everyone!!!!!

david

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Welcome to MiceChat David! We're glad you're here!!

Loved your stained glass Haunted Mansion!!

BTW: If you ever want to do a limited edition MiceChat piece, let me know!!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Thanks Circarama! Even though my birthday is officially today....last week's fun was the best present ever!!!! Let's do it again next year!

• Pants Club Treasurer

Hiya davidleslie! I remember your posts on Doombuggies.com. I love your stained glass work, and hope you do more in the years to come.

With regard to the event, I had the Dearly Departed package and enjoyed the event, food and merchandise (and also...all the great HM fans). Took lots of pics, and didn't get drawn in to the storyline (or lack thereof, depending on the poster) that many seem to be complaining about (strangely, most of them were non-attendees). *shrugs*

I think after going to several of these events on the east coast, and this one on the west coast, that I prefer how WDW Event Services handles things. They aren't perfect either, but I don't recall ever being in line for an event for hours at a time.
    Adding organized chaos to Micechat, one post at a time.

Hey Thanks! This was an actual event compared to some things lately. As artists, "Merchandise Offerings" with a signing, aren't not as much fun as events of course. So, this event with all of its problems was still fun.

I have heard the WDW really does a great job. At D23 I got to meet some of the East Coast gang and I might just be showing up for some of the WDW events...I am crossing my fingers.

Once again, thanks everyone!

Thumbs down Re: Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary Merchandise Event 9/9/09

As a Hitchiker who was burned by the crashy registration process, I was really disappointed with this event.

I'm still not really sure what I paid $85 for. I got a tile, a piece of awful cake and lousy non-alcoholic punch.

I also got to ride in the mansion...with no frills at all. George and Constance were hanging off the balcony outside after a 30 second cake-cutting and there was a small band outside the gates, but that was really the extent of the plussing. I hope that those of you who were able to get the dinner/seance packages were treated a little better.

There were a lot more dinner tickets available than there were hitchhikers tickets, that's for sure. That was made clear when we were held outside the Disneyland gates for 30 minutes waiting for the dinner people just to show up and then be made to watch them all file into the park before us. That made me feel pretty unspecial!

I understand that this was an event designed to sell merchandise, but much of it was unavailable due to production delays so they couldn't even get that part right.

I'm kind of losing faith in the events people. For all its problems, I had much more fun during the original Pirates event years ago. Being present for the panel discussion and waving to the Imagineers inside of Pirates was a really special memory, and the only memories I got of this night at the mansion were mostly ones of indifference, disappointment, and a feeling of having paid way too much and getting nearly nothing in return.

• You have much to learn...

You Hitchhikers weren't the only ones who felt a little burned after this event. At least you didn't have to shell out as much as the dinner or hotel packages to wait in the same 4 hour registration lines and riding the mansion with no plussing.

At least a few Hitchhikers were lucky to be allowed to have some of that very special punch, which was supposed to be the extra special ticketed Signiture drinks- reserved to the dinner package. The rest of the Hitchhikers just got plain old water and 1 slice of cake!! How cheap was that!! The Dearly Departed got to pay the extra money just to have that luxurious Kool aid!!

Don't be too upset waiting outside Disneyland to get into the event when the Dearly Departed were literally locked inside of DCA waiting for someone to come and open the gates for us to let us out so we could get to Disneyland!!

The dinner was just OK, the show was pretty cool- but I think the Seance seminar should have been opened to everyone-not just the dinner packages, like they did with the Haunted Mansion Holiday events years ago.

Disney has over 20 years of experience hosting events & moving large amounts of people- so if they would have just gotten this one right and tried to get registration to move quicker, allowing all to attend a short seminar and provided a little more entertainment with a few real ghosts roaming the Mansion- the event would have been a greater success and wouldn't be harboring as many complaints as it is now.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112