Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary Merchandise Event 9/9/09

Quote Originally Posted by Louiedog View Post
    Hey everyone. I'm one that also got shut out after getting one DD package an cannot go by myself. After giving up on Disney to help me out (I couldn't even get on a waiting list for any other package), I decided to list it on eBay. Before the flaming starts, I wanted the security of payment that eBay and Paypal provide. I also wanted to give the securtiy back since I don't know too many people on the boards and for $250+, thats a lot of trust to give a stranger. So good or bad, there it is. I hope someone can get good use out of it and have a great time.
    Disneyland Haunted Mansion 40th Anv. Event Ticket - eBay (item 200304990726 end time Feb-07-09 10:52:51 PST)
    Why didn't you just cancel your ticket through event services and let someone on the waiting list have your ticket? Oh wait, you want to double the price. Seems like you came on here just to advertise this. Just an observation.
    Jeff Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Why didn't you just cancel your ticket through event services and let someone on the waiting list have your ticket? Oh wait, you want to double the price. Seems like you came on here just to advertise this. Just an observation.
    Forget doubling the price ... it went for four times the original "Dearly Departed" package price!!! Oh well ... I'm sure the individual shelling out that kind of cash appreciates it. Way too rich for my "soul" though.

But, I totally agree with your keen observation GhostHostJeff!!! The fair thing would have been to release/refund the ticket and allow a lucky individual ... yes lucky, as I couldn't even make it on the "waiting list" ... the opportunity to purchase the ticket.

Sad!
    Sparrow, Johnson, Skellington, Black, White, ... Daniels. I just love Jack's!

P.S. You can always visit me on MySpace at: http://myspace.com/miisvegas.

• Fight On for ol' SC!

The man who sold the Dearly Departed ticket has the right to sell his ticket. He OWNS the ticket. Having Disney refund a ticket after that much disappointment can be seen as being wrong also. People dictate the market and this man started his bidding at $260, only ten bucks over face value. IMO, there is nothing wrong with selling it on ebay.

But I will say it should be wrong to promote your own outside auctions on micechat.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Sounds like maybe you are bitter? This person only listed it for $10 over the price paid. If people bid up to $1000...lucky him. He made back his money and a lot more. He didn't try to price gouge, he started it out at $260. It was bidders who let him make that much money.

anybody on the waitlist get a call or email yet saying a ticket is waiting for you?

Quote Originally Posted by dizneydogs View Post
    anybody on the waitlist get a call or email yet saying a ticket is waiting for you?
    I got a ticket for the Grinning Ghost package and was able to get my wife on the waiting list. I received an e-mail offering me a Dearly Departed package for my wife which I immediately jumped on...It wasn't the Grinning Ghost package, but after seeing how much the Dearly Departed package went for on eBay, I wasn't going to be picky or greedy for that matter.

ended up getting the email today that my husband had a DD package waiting for him even though he wasn't on the wait list for that one but it works for us

Angry Re: Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary Merchandise Event 9/9/09

Quote Originally Posted by MasterYensid View Post
    I got a ticket for the Grinning Ghost package and was able to get my wife on the waiting list. I received an e-mail offering me a Dearly Departed package for my wife which I immediately jumped on...It wasn't the Grinning Ghost package, but after seeing how much the Dearly Departed package went for on eBay, I wasn't going to be picky or greedy for that matter.
    See this is where it gets weird. My boyfriend who is on the DD wait list called Disney and they said he could not be on any other wait list. Only DD. So why are people on GGG being offered DD??? He is on the DD wait list. If you were willing to spend more money you are offered a package first??? I'm not even mad at you at all I'm happy you guys got a ticket. I got a DD and my boyfriend didn't and it sucks because I can't even be happy for having my ticket until he gets one! GRRRRRRR!!!!!
    ^v^Pamela^v^

Same thing here - my DH was on the GG wait list but was offered a DD ticket. When I talked to event services I asked why they changed and they said they were offering DD tickets to GG and FM wait list people because they couldn't offer any more hotel rooms - so they added more DD tickets to the event to meet the demand for the top 2 tiers at least

Also they updated the merchandise pages tonight - quite a few items went up in edition size

• Shablagoo!

It looks like they updated the merchandise page with some new stuff and new pictures of old stuff.

http://www.register123.com/event/pro...e&varPage=home

http://www.register123.com/event/pro...e&varPage=info

• Zoinks! Jinkies! Jeepers!

Strange the shoes are now missing.
    "Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?"-Donnie.... "Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"-Frank the Bunny.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_A_Mortis View Post
    Strange the shoes are now missing.
    They are still there they just split all the merchandise into 2 pages - shoes are at the bottom of page 2

I wonder if they got the idea for the embroidered jacket after reading the post in this thread about there no longer being leather jackets as part of the merchandise offerings!
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

shipping details for the merchandise have now been added

Woo hoo! I was on the waiting list, and just got the offer for a space (dearly departed). Soooo glad I'll be able to go!

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast