• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

"it's a small world" Product Release and Signing with Disney Legend Alice Davis 2/28

Disney Legend Alice Davis, famous for her costuming designs including the ones for the "it's a small world" children, will be at Disneyland on February 28 for a produce release and signing. Shadowbox artist Dave Avanzino will also be present.

"it's a small world" Product Release & Signing
    Special Guests: Artist, Dave Avanzino & Disney Legend, Alice Davis
    Date: February 28, 2009
    Time: 10 a.m. to 12 Noon
    Location: Disneyana Shop, Main Street, U.S.A., Disneyland® park

Product Information:
    Join us Saturday, February 28, 2009 as we welcome Artist, Dave Avanzino and Disney Legend, Alice Davis who will be on hand for a special appearance and signing of our theme park exclusive it's a small world merchandise commemorating the re-opening of the beloved attraction. Alice and Dave will be on hand from 10 a.m. to 12 Noon in the Disneyana Shop on the day of release.

Available as part of this special signing will be original and limited edition it's a small world artwork by Former Walt Disney Imagineer, Jimmy Pickering, mixed media sculpture by Artist, Dave Avanzino and three it's a small world doll costumes replicated from the original designs that are represented in the attraction for Bolivia, Hungary and India. The costumes come complete in a framed shadowbox with a reproduction of the original sketch by Disney Legend, Alice Davis.

DisneyGallery.com event page: Walt Disney Parks & Resorts - Events, Product Releases & Promotions - Disneyland - it's a small world Product Release & Signing

Merchandise info and images: http://www.register123.com/event/pro...D=0x1364592aaf

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Re: "it's a small world" Product Release and Signing with Disney Legend Alice Davis 2

awesome... but those prices are RIDICULOUS!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: "it's a small world" Product Release and Signing with Disney Legend Alice Davis 2

This is an event that no one that is able to attend should miss. I agree the prices are too steep. Is there an AP discount?
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-30-2009 at 07:53 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    awesome... but those prices are RIDICULOUS!
    These prices are pretty typical for original works and highly limited-edition pieces.

These aren't mass-produced attraction souvenirs, this is collectible art. The pieces are priced accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    This is an event that no one that is able to attend should miss. I agree that the prices are too steep. Is there an AP discount?
    AP discounts would probably only apply to the limited-edition pieces. You usually cannot use special discounts on original art pieces.

| | |

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    These prices are pretty typical for original works and highly limited-edition pieces.

These aren't mass-produced attraction souvenirs, this is collectible art. Again, the pieces are priced accordingly.

AP discounts would probably only apply to the limited-edition pieces. You usually cannot use special discounts on original art pieces.
    I see. This would make each original art piece worth every penny. Allow me to reirritate, this is a not-to-be-missed event for anyone that can go.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Hello!!!!!

Angry Re: "it's a small world" Product Release and Signing with Disney Legend Alice Davis 2

Reopening, what do u mean? I hope u dont mean they did tear out the rainforest.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! I love how they made sure "the rainforest" was included in some of the art!!!!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I see. This would make each original art piece worth every penny. Allow me to reirritate, this is a not-to-be-missed event for anyone that can go.
    I'd be interested to meet Alice Davis -- but I suspect you have to purchase something in order to get in line for the signing. I'd love to pick her brain and ask her what she thinks of the new "enhancements."

This is a great opportunity to meet a Disney Legend -- one of Walt's Imagineers -- a breed that is sadly fading away. Too bad I'm not interested in purchasing any pieces or even interested in any of them.

| | |

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney-the-Pooh View Post
    Reopening, what do u mean? I hope u dont mean they did tear out the rainforest.
    The Rainforest has been relocated and somewhat downsized, but not removed. The attraction reopens to the public February 6.

| | |

• Resident of the Caldera

The prices are fair for original art by an Imagineer (when you consider that they sell giclees for $600 and up, the prices for these original paintings are pretty reasonable).

• Munchings & Crunchings

They may be reasonable, but they sure are out of my budget. I would love to get Dave Avanzino's shadowbox, but I really can only afford his cheaper ones.

• Disney Fan

Those pieces are wonderful Always been a fan of It's a Small World.