• Wishing I was at the DLR!

Question Re: Upcoming SHAG "Spirited" Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary Cocktail Recep

Hey all!

I will be attending the Upcoming SHAG "Spirited" Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary Cocktail Reception, and I'm interested in hearing from those of you who attended the last Shag cocktail event:

What did you wear to the event, and what type of clothing did you see others wearing?

I know the 'Additional Information' provided on the event registration web page states:

Attire
    Get into the Groove! We welcome you to dress in your favorite "Cocktail Lounge" attire.

I really want to blend in, if you know what I mean…I did do a search on the last event and did see some photos. However, the photos didn't show what other guests were wearing.

I'd appreciate any and all replies!

Thank you!

• Cake Anyone?

Re: Question Re: Upcoming SHAG "Spirited" Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary Cocktail R

I just want to say that I am so jealous that you get to attend but I hope you have a great time!
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

Re: Question Re: Upcoming SHAG "Spirited" Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary Cocktail R

I am going to the Shag event as well and I believe I will be wearing some casual cocktail clothing to try to blend in also. Some nice black cargos, a button down bowling shirt, my Haunted Mansion watch, etc. Nothing to over the top, but at least looking decent.

You don't really need to dress fancy I would say, but I don't think showing up in sandals, jeans with holes in them and a Metallica shirt from the '80s would be a great idea. Since we will be doing a bit of waiting, I would also say wear something comfortable and not something you can only wear for like 5 mins before you have to get out of it. Just my two cents anyway.

-Gear

Hi, From your name I would guess you are a lady so from that perspective-since I am too- I am planning on wearing a shimmery sky blue pants outfit - the top is a short sleeved sweater with sparkly beads. I'm wearing sparkly rhinestone jewelry to match with dress sandals, purse and pashima shawl in the same blue. "The little black dress" always works with some pretty jewelry, shoes and handbag. It's a cocktail party so dress pants outfits and/or knee length cocktail dress is what the occasion requires. Hopefully the men will looking dashing in a suit or jacket/dress slacks and tie. People always look so sloppy these days-I can't believe what people wear to an event-it's so disrespectful to the artists and hosts. Sorry about the soapbox comment! It should be very fun!

• Wishing I was at the DLR!

Thank you for all of the replies! I guess it's a dress for me... I wish there were photos of the attendees from the previous Shag event... Oh well…

Oh, and did you see that the event venue has changed to the Pier Side Pavilion? I found a link that shows the location: http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/adlm/downloads/en_US/resort/flr_pph_plan.pdf

However, it's not entirely clear if the space is indoor, outdoor, or a combination. The brochure states:

"Nature meets technology in the Third Floor Pier Side Pavilion. State-of-the-art presentation amenities in an outdoor setting make for a refreshing environment for your meeting or reception."

Has anyone ever been in the
    Pier Side Pavilion? I have to imagine it would enclosed due to the climate of southern California…

Thanks again everybody!