Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Re: Lilly Belle Model Train Set!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    But you didn't hear that from me.
    I didn't, but if Bachmann does, I'll picking that one up right away. I shyed away from the first train, because I wanted a current car set to run around the minatures.
    -Monorail Man

Are we going to have to camp out over night to get one of these train sets? I assume there is no way to preorder these and I am sure the quantity is limited. Any good strategies for how to secure one of these, I love trains and am so excited to see this set being offered!

• Closed Account

I'm not sure what the edition size is. "Limited" might be several thousand pieces, selling over the course of months. I think you'd need to line up if you wanted to get things signed. If you don't care much for autographs, I'd bet you could buy it for some time after release. I'll try to find some concrete info.

• living to haunt

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    I'm not sure what the edition size is. "Limited" might be several thousand pieces, selling over the course of months. I think you'd need to line up if you wanted to get things signed. If you don't care much for autographs, I'd bet you could buy it for some time after release. I'll try to find some concrete info.
    I will also be watching for this information. I love trains and it will look great running around my NBC tree in December. I don't want to have to stand in line for hours to have it autographed.
    thanks for keeping us informed

• Closed Account

Carolwood Pacific Historical Society President Michael Campbell, who spearheaded this project, had this to say re the edition size:

I can tell you that Bachmann made 2,000 sets. The plan is that they will premiere at Disneyland (hopefully), which will be the exclusive distributor for a few months. Then, they will appear in Bachmann's other channels of distribution.

Disneyland has suggested that they will only take a few hundred sets, so -- while I won't suggest that people camp out overnight -- I wouldn't wait too long to pick them up.

This is not a limited edition product; Bachmann may make more in the future. How many and when is a different question.

• Banned User

Excellent model! I cant afford it right now though. Thanks for posring, Steve!

• A Pirate's life for me!

Quote Originally Posted by TicTocDragon View Post
    Great item for the collector. Not to downgrade this, but it could even go around the Xmas tree.
    I was expecting the price to be higher. Not too bad.

This year we put up a second tree in our family room and put our Monorail set around the base of it.

We made sure to have it in the running position when the Wolf-Pack visited us.

Worked good!

• Still wants to be a cat!

We'll be there that morning at Disneyana.....no doubt!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Ex Dept 915 CM

I would love to get a set. It would go nicely with my Tyco, Santa Fe & Disneyland RR set. I will have to look on line in a few months. Thanks for the info Steve.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

I wanted one of those N-scale DRR train sets. But I missed it. Any chance DL will ever sell them again?
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

This is a great price for a complete HO train set, especially for one with this much appeal. They were selling the Polar Express Train set at the Nixon library for $300.00 and it had had the same amount of track and cars. You can always add more track to this set. I just finished Walt's Railroad Story and have always loved trains. I wish this came in even O scale, but will settle for HO.

• Head Salesman

I have the Walt Disney World HO train set which kinda got me hooked on model railroading (just a little). It's my first HO scale train as well as my first electric train, and I absolutely LOVE it! I even spent the money to buy oodles of extra track pieces to expand the layout. The scale is perfect for just about any type of display, especially around the Christmas tree with the toy Monorail. The track is very easy to assemble; it snaps together and stays together. You can even pick up the whole assembled track and hang it on a wall for easy storage; it's THAT sturdy. The only downside is that the track uses metal (steel?) that oxidizes, so it has to be kept sparkling clean (literally) to keep a consistent electrical current throughout the layout. There is nickel-silver track available that doesn't oxidize (or oxidizes far less), but it's more expensive.

In all, from my experiences with my current HO train, I look forward to getting the Lilly Belle.

And for the person with the NBC Christmas tree, check this out.
    Last edited by Trader Sam; 01-09-2007 at 08:00 PM.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Hooterville, USA

Model trains. I doesn't get any better.

Too bad it doesn't come in O scale.

I love trains.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Head Salesman

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but since there may be some potentially new model train enthusiasts here, I thought I'd post some links to other Disney train sets out there.

Big Thunder
    Magic of Disney Express

There are others (Winnie the Pooh, Nightmare Before Christmas, Toy Story, etc.), but I don't want to stray too far from the subject of Disneyland trains. There's also individual Disney train cars that can be added to your collection if you know where to look.

Okay . . . I won't interrupt again.
    Ask about my popular 2-for-1 sale!

Visit my site, the Disney Experience, for awesome Disney downloads. All are welcome!

• Collision speed....FULL!

Although the Lilly Belle could be easily converted to look like my favorite engine, the C.K. Holliday, I'm going to stick with my IHC 4-4-0 that I rebuilt in back in May...

http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...iday%20engine/

(Trader Sam might notice that the Excursion cars are actually repainted cars from the Walt Disney World train set! )

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast