Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Closed Account

Lilly Belle Model Train Set - Event Apr 21

Lilly Belle train set to be released, along with DRR artwork!

http://www.register123.com/event/pro...ID=0x69161b730

UPDATED (Courtesy Disney):

Event: Walt Disney's Carolwood Pacific Railroad Product Release & Signing
    Special Guests: Artist, Dave Avanzino; Senior Vice President, Creative Development, Walt Disney Imagineering, Tony Baxter; and Disney Railroad Historian, Michael Broggie
    Event Date: Saturday, April 21, 2007
    Event Time: 9:00 a.m. 11:00 a.m.
    Event Location: Disneyana Shop, Main Street, U.S.A., Disneyland(R) park

Event and Product Information:
    Few people are aware of the enormous part Walt Disney's love of railroading played in the development of the Disney theme parks. Yet, this passion followed the consummate showman from his humble beginnings in Illinois and Missouri through his enchantment with the small scale live steam hobby, evolving into the full-scale Disney Parks and their authentic steam powered trains. Indeed, Walt Disney's small-scale fascination led to a full-scale kingdom. Walt Disney's dream of a Magic Kingdom and his passion for railroading were as one. This synergy is succinctly described in his own words: "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world. And it should be surrounded by a train." Thus, we pay tribute to this enduing passion by offering an HO scale replica of the Lilly Belle closely art directed in each minute detail by Michael Broggie (son of famed Disney Legend & Pioneering Imagineer Roger Broggie).

The HO Scale Walt Disney's Carolwood Pacific Railroad Bachmann Train Set will be offered for $150, plus tax. Train set includes six (6) train units (Engine, tender, three freight cars and a yellow caboose) and enough rail sections to create a 47" x 36" Oval Track, Power Pack w/Speed Control & Instruction Manual. A limited number of train sets will be available.

More Information: http://www.register123.com/event/pro...ID=0x69161b730
    Last edited by Dustysage; 04-05-2007 at 09:35 PM.

• A Pirate's life for me!

Re: Lilly Belle Model Train Set!

Nice piece!

I want one!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

How cool! Thanks for the info!

• Ian The Fox

Wow! That's really awesome. I really want one. Too bad the price is a tad bit high.
    Woof!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I saw that at the Richard Nixon Library when I went to see the train exhibit there.

They had this on display in the gift shop, saying it is going to be released in 2007. I think they want $150.00 for it, which is a little pricey for it. Also the set is very small -- I think each car is probably no more than 2-3 inches long and maybe an inch wide.

So unless you are an avid train collector you may want to think twice about this purchase.

• Closed Account

The price may be high...but do you have any idea what the N-scale DRR version that was sold at the Park last year is going for (which is half the size of this one)? On Ebay, they're up around $500! This may be better than the stock market!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Disneyland-Disne...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by Steve DeGaetano; 01-09-2007 at 11:00 AM.

• Now I'm driving the bus!

H'mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, that may look good going around the layout.
    If I can't be a good roll model at least let me be a bad example.

• Senior Minion

Great item for the collector. Not to downgrade this, but it could even go around the Xmas tree.
    I was expecting the price to be higher. Not too bad.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Beach Expert

I think this train set is a little too small to go around the Christmas tree. Although from what I have seen of it, it is very nice for the scale that it is.

• Closed Account

I agree, Tic Toc. And I don't think it's downgrading it at all to say it would look nice around the tree. With its red and green colors, it would be perfect!

As for price, don't forget this is a complete ready-to-run train set with an oval of track and a power pack to operate it. And for the less-squeamish modelers out there who don't buy into the "collector" mentality and have no worries about repainting it, the engine could easily be repainted as the C.K. Holliday!

One other thing: I've just read from one of the principals involved in this project that, while the trains have been produced, it's unclear whether they will be at the Park in time for the event. I'll keep everyone posted as I hear more.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Also the set is very small -- I think each car is probably no more than 2-3 inches long and maybe an inch wide.
    Well, it is HO scale, but it depicts old-time railroad equipment. However, I think your measurements are a little off.

Old-time cars in this scale are about 2" wide and about 4" - 5" long. The engine and tender together are probably close to 6.5" long.

• Still lost in Neverland

$150.00 for a complete 6 car HO gauge train is not high at all. Some HO scale engines go for $500+ and this one comes with the power supply and track. It would look great under a 4 foot tree like I have along with the scale monorail running about it. I am going to keep an eye on this one and will probably get it.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Beach Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    Well, it is HO scale, but it depicts old-time railroad equipment. However, I think your measurements are a little off.

Old-time cars in this scale are about 2" wide and about 4" - 5" long. The engine and tender together are probably close to 6.5" long.
    If that's the scale they say, and if that is the dimensions, then you are probably right. I am going strictly off of memory of what I saw at the Nixon Library so I could very well be wrong unless I see it again.

I love model trains. That is a hobby I would love to start up, but I am not too sure I have the time for this. :-( I don't know too much about it either other than I love to look at trains -- especially well done layouts and just get lost in it!

• World Traveler

They should have made this in N scale so it could go with the Olszewski Main Street collection!

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    They should have made this in N scale so it could go with the Olszewski Main Street collection!
    Not that I wish to spread any unsubstantiated rumors, but with the success of the E.P. Ripley train, don't be too surprised if Bachmann makes an N scale version of the C.K. Holliday and accompanying freight train. But you didn't hear that from me.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast