Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Pirates 40th Event Updated w/New Merchandise, including JEWELRY!!! Photos! AHRRRR

wow.. talk about overpriced! $50 for charm or pin?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Re: Pirates 40th Event Updated w/New Merchandise, including JEWELRY!!! Photos! AHRRRR

Pillow looks neat!

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Minion

Blog Entries

I am just totally not thrilled about how they are handling the 40th anniversary.
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Disneyholic

The ring I would so love to have but the artwork on the pillow and shirt should have the caption of "It's a small world after ARRRRRRgh!
    "Some imagination Huh?"

You guys sure know how to complain like champs.

So it's not in a stlye that you like, but clearly someone does.

Like me, actually. I'm into the retro illustrative style, and I'm one of 'those people' who will pay the fair prices for real art.

You need to realize that just because it's clearly not for you doesn't mean it's crap.

-R

• Minion

Blog Entries

Everyone has their own opinion on everything, If you don't think its crap then that is your opinion and I respect that. However I do think its crap and you should also respect that. I completely respect differen opinions. Like I said everyone has an opinion. I am just saying that I personally don't like it at all...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Minion

Meh, meh, meh! I agree completely. The only thing I remotely like is the pillow. None of it is 40th anniversary quality!
    The daydream princess

Looking on the site posted I could go for the key chain or the watch... if I still wore watches.

• Premium Youngling and

I totally had my sights on going today but I was denied Disney access by the parentals

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
    Like me, actually. I'm into the retro illustrative style, and I'm one of 'those people' who will pay the fair prices for real art.
    You consider $350 for a mass produced, pewter pendant that isn't really even original art... 'a fair price'?

Looks like the stuff you pick up at the mall kiosk!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post

Pillow

Retail: $58
    Thank you for the merchandise Pics! Made My Day! ;o)

That is a brillant pillow, worthy of any dreamer's head.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

At Disneyland right now...

Got into line at the Disney Gallery around 9:45am, to go to the Disney Legends and Artist signing and meet & greet which began at 9 and ended at 11.

Unfortunately, Disney didn't quite have the logistics of the event worked out. Never got the same answer twice for any questions that we asked the CMs. CMs at Silver Spur were giving out misinformation regarding pins and getting them signed. CMs managing the line at the Gallery knew very little information, and none of them knew even the names of the Disney Legends in attendance.

One CM we spoke with said that the Disney Legends were only doing a meet and greet, and not signing merchandise... others weren't sure....

Many people in line at the Gallery were only interested in pins and not interested at getting them signed. These people weren't aware you could get them at Silver Spur. CMs should probably have been making this clear... but weren't.

All in all, the event was very uncoordinated, and CMs working seemed to know very little about the event they were staffing.

Overall, bad show Disney.

Not only are the Legends a huge draw, and 2 hours is not long enough (I understand they're getting old, but they could have planned two 2-hour signings during the day), but having well-informed CMs would have helped tremendously. CMs should have understood what was going on, what was happening, and directed people to where they should have been going and saving the Disney Gallery line only for merchandise purchases that were to be signed or only available in the Gallery. Pin-only purchases should have been strictly sent to Silver Spur, and Ornament-only purchases strictly to Le Bat En Rouge.

A lot of people were only in line to meet the Disney Legends... people behind and in front of me already had their pins and were soley in line for the Disney Legends.... a lot of people didn't get to see X Antencio, Blaine Gibson, Alice Davis, Harriet Burns, or Bob Gurr.

What a shame.

If the Legends were in fact ONLY doing a meet & greet and not signing merch, why wasn't there a seperate line and wristbands for the Disney Legends Meet & Greet ONLY?

Hopefully if something similar to this is held in 2009 for the Haunted mansion's 40th Anniversary it will be better planned out. Or better yet, why get the Legends out only for special anniversaries? Why not see if the Legends would be interested in making special appearances here and there throughout the year... a different Legend/Imagineer every other month.... it would be a hit and Disney could make some good money on this type of thing...

Oh well, it sucks many people didn't get to meet the people they came to see... myself included... hopefully another opportunity will arise sometime in the future...

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    At Disneyland right now...

Got into line at the Disney Gallery around 9:45am, to go to the Disney Legends and Artist signing and meet & greet which began at 9 and ended at 11.

Unfortunately, Disney didn't quite have the logistics of the event worked out. Never got the same answer twice for any questions that we asked the CMs. CMs at Silver Spur were giving out misinformation regarding pins and getting them signed. CMs managing the line at the Gallery knew very little information, and none of them knew even the names of the Disney Legends in attendance.

One CM we spoke with said that the Disney Legends were only doing a meet and greet, and not signing merchandise... others weren't sure....

Many people in line at the Gallery were only interested in pins and not interested at getting them signed. These people weren't aware you could get them at Silver Spur. CMs should probably have been making this clear... but weren't.

All in all, the event was very uncoordinated, and CMs working seemed to know very little about the event they were staffing.

Overall, bad show Disney.

Not only are the Legends a huge draw, and 2 hours is not long enough (I understand they're getting old, but they could have planned two 2-hour signings during the day), but having well-informed CMs would have helped tremendously. CMs should have understood what was going on, what was happening, and directed people to where they should have been going and saving the Disney Gallery line only for merchandise purchases that were to be signed or only available in the Gallery. Pin-only purchases should have been strictly sent to Silver Spur, and Ornament-only purchases strictly to Le Bat En Rouge.

A lot of people were only in line to meet the Disney Legends... people behind and in front of me already had their pins and were soley in line for the Disney Legends.... a lot of people didn't get to see X Antencio, Blaine Gibson, Alice Davis, Harriet Burns, or Bob Gurr.

What a shame.

If the Legends were in fact ONLY doing a meet & greet and not signing merch, why wasn't there a seperate line and wristbands for the Disney Legends Meet & Greet ONLY?

Hopefully if something similar to this is held in 2009 for the Haunted mansion's 40th Anniversary it will be better planned out. Or better yet, why get the Legends out only for special anniversaries? Why not see if the Legends would be interested in making special appearances here and there throughout the year... a different Legend/Imagineer every other month.... it would be a hit and Disney could make some good money on this type of thing...

Oh well, it sucks many people didn't get to meet the people they came to see... myself included... hopefully another opportunity will arise sometime in the future...
    Ah, that's really unfortunate.

Walt Disney Merchandise Event Services has had it's problems in the past, and it sounds like it's still struggling. Hopefully, they'll get a handle on the problems that they are having and get them worked out.

These events can be big money-makers for the Park since there are so many local folks who are hardcore Disneyland fans that are willing to seperate themselves from their money for the right merchandise... sold the right way.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Quote Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
    You guys sure know how to complain like champs.

So it's not in a stlye that you like, but clearly someone does.

You need to realize that just because it's clearly not for you doesn't mean it's crap.

-R
    It didn't sound like complaining to me, it just sounded like alot of people stating their opinions about the new merchandise. It just so happened that many didn't like it. Truthfully I didn't like any of it either, but I'm not complaining about it. I just didn't like it, but if you like it please enjoy it.

• Oh bother!

Is this merchandise exclusive to the event or can I order it through Delivears?
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast