Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• You have much to learn...

Anybody hear any news about a Haunted Mansion event 2008

I had heard some talk at at the last pin event regarding the possibility of a Haunted Mansione event taking place in Disneyland in 2008. I am curious since the talk was amongst some of the special events cast members. I know nothing official has came out on the disneygallery site, but was wondering if anyone else had heard anything about this. I believe the anniversary isn't until 2009, but here's hoping that there is an event next year since they haven't been having too many lately.

If anyone has heard, I am really interested in when that would be.

• Fight On for ol' SC!

Re: Anybody hear any news about a Haunted Mansion event 2008

I have not heard this, my guess is that they will wait until August 2009 for the 40th anniversary to push MAnsion merchandise. I can only wait to spend $1000's on this event! I am afraid to find out what will be released with hitchhiking ghosts!

There is no pin event planned for next year, but I'm guessing 2009 will have one associated with Mansion. I just really hope they don't kill Mansion collectibles with this event.

I could not imagine there will not be an event in 2009, but before that is unlikely.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

The only rumor I've heard for 2008 is the possible return of a Haunted Mansion event at WDW in Florida.
    --Jonathan

• Padawan

I heard confirmation through the grapevine (WDES) that there will be no Haunted Mansion events for 2008 in either DLR or WDW.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for 2009, which has not been planned/nixed as of yet. I cannot imagine that they wouldn't do something at least in DLR for the big 40th anniversary of the original HM!
    --Jonathan

• Senior Minion

There is a special HM event going on in February, but I don't think it is official. Although I'm sure most of you know about it already.

• Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    There is a special HM event going on in February, but I don't think it is official. Although I'm sure most of you know about it already.
    Yes, the Swinging Wake going on in February looks to be a blast! But of course nothing compares to the official events... they can't return soon enough for me!
    --Jonathan

wish i could do this!

• Minion

Blog Entries

wow that is a really hefty price tag on that one.... If it wasn't so expensive I would probably do it... but I really can't afford that...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Banned User

My girlfriend went to the swinging wake, and was completely disappointed. She said it was an overpriced pat yourself on the back crowd. It started out to be in Club 33 and then ended up in Blue Bayou. She said a few nice gifts but overall a group of "buddies" who are self admiring of each other all getting together to croon over each other. Bunch of addaboys to each other and especially the founder of Doombuggies.com and a few of his "yes men". Sounded like it could have been a good thing but too much hoopla over a few guys who pat themselves on the back and then turn around and stab each other in the same backs.

I stear away from the non Disney scantioned things like this for this very thing. I am looking forward to hopefully 2009 anniversary stuff.

• She was sweet as a peach

I was curious about that event. Thanks for the update!

• Senior Minion

Good thing I opted out of the event then. After some time thinking about it I didn't think the price was worth the experience.

• Banned User

Yes, at that price I would have expected a better review. Glad I saved my money for the 2009 HM merchandise (crossed fingers that there will be some great items).

Wow, I feel like I was at a different event than you're describing, LOL. I've never posted here but it just seems so different from what you're saying that I feel like sharing a different view. I was there, drove up from San Diego, and felt like it was the best $250 I'd ever spent at Disneyland. I don't know anything about yes men or the people at Doombuggies, but they all seemed nice enough to me, and I'm not even a member there. The owner only got up and spoke for about 30 seconds, and the guy making a video of the evening spoke for about two minutes about Thurl Ravenscroft (I think? sorry, I was in the restroom for that part), and after that it was only the Imagineers or the announcer talking for about 40 minutes. I really didn't get the "patting each other on the back" impression.

Anyway, for $250 we got a great dinner with filet mignon and chocolate coffins (I saved mine), a t-shirt, a pin, a program book, a booklet someone wrote about the Haunted Mansion, a photo, a death certificate, a neat lanyard (probably no big deal to most folks but it glowed in the dark, and I'm a nerd about that kind of stuff) and a plaster tombstone like they used to sell in the 70's, with a card signed by a guy from the company that made them and my name that I could rub on to the tombstone. They also handed everyone a copy of music to Grim Grinning Ghosts signed by X Atencio, which I plan to frame. I heard that a group of the people also got to tour Club 33 as part of the evening, but I didn't win that raffle, darn it! LOL.

We got to hear Blaine Gibson, Harriet Burns, Bob Gurr and X Atencio talk about working with Walt, which was such an honor! When I bought my ticket I didn't even know all those guys would be there - just some "special guests." So you could say that all of that wasn't worth the $250, and depending on what you are willing to pay for the experience of meeting the original Imagineers, I guess that's an individual choice. I would definitely say that it felt like any other Disney event I've been to, or even more personal, and well worth it to me, anyway. Plus, I don't have an AP at the moment (saving up for a car) and the ticket also covered admission into Disneyland for the dinner, so that was nice.

But best of all was being able to take pictures with the hitchhiking ghosts in front of the Mansion! (I guess I'm a nerd as mentioned before.) And oh yeah, I'm sure I saw Neil Patrick Harris in the Blue Bayou during the dinner, but no one said anything about it, maybe it was someone that looked exactly like him?? We got to ride throught the Mansion in groups of like 6 at a time, and it was really different riding it that way. So I'm really, really glad I decided to go.

Yes, Neil Patrick Harris was at the Doombuggies event.

Is there a Disney Events mailing list that sends out announcements about the various events? I have never been to one but if I knew about one in advance I could probably have enough time to convince my wife that it is worth the expense
    Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
    ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast