Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

•   
    • Senior Minion

Re: Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room 45th Anniversary Product Release & Signing

OMG!!! My head just exploded looking at that Tiki Fountain!!!! OMG!!!

• It's all about Theme!

Re: Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room 45th Anniversary Product Release & Signing

SHAG isn't participating because it will be participating in the

Haunted Mansion 40th Event Next year!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

Sneak Peek: Tiki Room 45th Anniversary Swag

Kevin Kidney and Jodie Daily have just posted pictures of the fantastic merchandise that they were commissioned to create for the 45th anniversary of the Tiki Room! Here's a couple:

Head on over to Kevin Kidney's blog for the rest!
    Bored? Check out my animation news & reviews website: http://skunkandburningtires.com

• For You!

Re: Sneak Peek: Tiki Room 45th Anniversary Swag

I love the mini tikis!!!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Senior Minion

I love the Tiki Fountain!!! Those are precious, thanks for posting these.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Blind to His Own Faults

Tiki Chic. Nice. Good man.

• Zoinks! Jinkies! Jeepers!

Dang I want that fountain.
    "Why do you wear that stupid bunny suit?"-Donnie.... "Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"-Frank the Bunny.....

What no Iago and Zazu?
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

I saw on the Disney Gallery that "Limit TWO (2) items signed per Artist, per Guest". Does that mean they will limit each item to 2 per guest to purchase (I hope)? I'm worried if I'm not there at crack-thirty in the morning to get a place in line I won't be able to get the pieces that I want.
    Do they do the wristband thing for just products when there is no event to go with it?
    Good thing my birthday is May, I'm just saving my birthday money for june!

must.....have.....fountain.....

• Banned User

my thoughts exactly, that fountain is a must. of course anything that Kevin Kidney and Jody Daley do is a must, they are creative geniuses!

• Collision speed....FULL!

[drool] Mmmm... Tiki Fountain.... [/drool]

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Wow, there's some nice stuff here. I spent way too much at the 40th back in '03... I can't believe it's the 45th already!?
    Quote Originally Posted by shagadelic View Post
    I saw on the Disney Gallery that "Limit TWO (2) items signed per Artist, per Guest". Does that mean they will limit each item to 2 per guest to purchase (I hope)? I'm worried if I'm not there at crack-thirty in the morning to get a place in line I won't be able to get the pieces that I want.
    Do they do the wristband thing for just products when there is no event to go with it?
    Good thing my birthday is May, I'm just saving my birthday money for june!
    Usually for limited edition items (especially on the day of release), there is a purchase limit of two per person. The limit of two items to be signed is to allow as many guests as possible to meet the artists. You may go to each artist to get two items signed, however, if you can make it through all the lines! Generally writstbands are used for pin releases, although on some occassions they have been used for merchandise as well. This all depends on what kind of crowd they are expecting... and obviously it is all a guess. My educated guess would be there will not be wristband distribution.

All of this reminds me of the ETR 40th anniversary SHAG merchandise release five years ago. They were really unprepared for the huge turnout that morning. I think what took them by surprise was the enormous following that SHAG has. So not only was it the usual Disney collectors that were there, but also half the crowd was SHAG fanatics. They were completely understaffed and overwhelmed. Soon after the gates opened the line went from Disneyana to nearly the front gate. And then... it didn't move. I waited for six hours before I got into the store!

On second thought, I'm not sure I want to go through that again!
    --Jonathan

• insufferable know-it-all

I think I like the Jim Crouch piece best.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

I'm hoping to get some of the Enchanted Tiki Room 45th Anniversary items, but I cannot attend from Florida. Anybody have any advice? I would pay extra to get a few pieces. Not looking for anything spectacular, just a couple of shirts and a mug.

Thanks,
    Bill

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast