Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room 45th Anniversary Product Release & Signing

Hi there Tiki fans!
    I wanted to let you know that the final pictures of my Tiki Room limited edition have been posted on the Disney Gallery website. This handmade limited edition will be released on June 22nd at the merchandise event at Disneyland. The details are at the following link: http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservic...ctrelease.html

Artwork Information:
    Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
    45th Anniversary Limited Edition

Medium:
    Giclée Prints, jewelry pieces, sticks, twine, handmade paper, watercolor paper

Limited Edition: 10
    Retail: $850
    Dimensions: 14" x 14"
    Framed Dimensions: 17" x 17" x 3.5"

In celebration of the 45th Anniversary of Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room, mixed-media artist Dave Avanzino used some of the charming characters from this classic attraction to create this handmade dimensional paper sculpture.

Each of the four (4) parrot hosts is fashioned from several individual pieces of paper and surrounded by many of the singing flowers from the attraction.

The title of the artwork, "Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room" is created from different colorful papers and textures and the entire artwork is surrounded by a custom printed mat designed by the artist.

The artwork is framed in a polynesian-style frame and comes with a certificate of authenticity.

Last edited by davanzino; 06-06-2008 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Picture did not show up

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room 45th Anniversary Product Release & Signing

That.

Looks.

Amazing!!!!!!!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Shablagoo!

If I had the money I would definitely get that. Alas $850 is too rich for my blood. It is really cool though.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    Wow, there's some nice stuff here. I spent way too much at the 40th back in '03... I can't believe it's the 45th already!?

Usually for limited edition items (especially on the day of release), there is a purchase limit of two per person. The limit of two items to be signed is to allow as many guests as possible to meet the artists. You may go to each artist to get two items signed, however, if you can make it through all the lines! Generally writstbands are used for pin releases, although on some occassions they have been used for merchandise as well. This all depends on what kind of crowd they are expecting... and obviously it is all a guess. My educated guess would be there will not be wristband distribution.

All of this reminds me of the ETR 40th anniversary SHAG merchandise release five years ago. They were really unprepared for the huge turnout that morning. I think what took them by surprise was the enormous following that SHAG has. So not only was it the usual Disney collectors that were there, but also half the crowd was SHAG fanatics. They were completely understaffed and overwhelmed. Soon after the gates opened the line went from Disneyana to nearly the front gate. And then... it didn't move. I waited for six hours before I got into the store!

On second thought, I'm not sure I want to go through that again!
    Shag also had some additional Tiki Room, Adventureland items for DL's 50th, along with the rest of the DL merchandise he did for the 50th, a special Shag event in June of 2005, at the Paradise Pier Hotel.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

...must......hit.....lottery.....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

woooow
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Senior Minion

Does anyone know if they're going to give out wristbands for this, or will it be whoever gets there at opening gets first place in line?

• SafariSkewerFan

I have never been to one of these events at the park and I am wondering what time I should try to get there to line up. Any ideas from the seasoned vets? I am coming up from San Diego and I am a bit nervous that the crowds will be insane.... and I do really want one of them fountains!!! I'll be pretty bummed if all I get is a Tiki Room swizzle stick.....

I'm driving from the San Diego area also. When I asked at the Disneyana store, the CM said she didn't believe they would be giving out wristbands.

• Shablagoo!

from what I have read it does not look like there are any wristbands for merchandise, except for the pins.

• Senior Minion

Then I guess it's line up for park opening, which is good. I usually am up for pins, but the ones they have don't look that great.

• Shablagoo!

Quote Originally Posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
    Then I guess it's line up for park opening, which is good. I usually am up for pins, but the ones they have don't look that great.
    I'm with you. I was underwhelmed with the pins. They are not worth the inevitable lines. Heck the upcoming Gift with purchase Tiki Room pins are nearly as good.

Now I just wish they would get the final pictures of the products on the merchandise page.

I think it's going to be a very long day
    I would at least like them to do the papers featuring all items with bar codes where you write down how many of each thing you want. It keeps the purchase process pretty streamlined.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I'll be there bright and early. I'd love the shadow box. But I'm waiting for the fountain.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
    • Senior Minion

I think that I will be finding myself there bright and early too! Me likey the bracelet & hawaiian shirt

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast