Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room 45th Anniversary Product Release & Signing

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I'll be there bright and early. I'd love the shadow box. But I'm waiting for the fountain.
    I'm getting a fountain too. I've stopped buying anything until the event to make sure I have enough for it, maybe two. That's the only thing stopping me from renewing my MC Gold.

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Re: Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room 45th Anniversary Product Release & Signing

Oh man! I have been glancing at this thread for weeks now. I'm so bummed I can't go to this! That fountain is a truly unique and wonderful piece. I hope they have some left after the initial product release and place it on their website.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent Fan View Post
    Oh man! I have been glancing at this thread for weeks now. I'm so bummed I can't go to this! That fountain is a truly unique and wonderful piece. I hope they have some left after the initial product release and place it on their website.
    Very doubtful with how popular it is just on these boards, not to mention other groups and your random Disney fans.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I'm contemplating going out to pick up a couple of the Tiki Items this weekend. I really like the Mickey/Minnie cell in front of the Tiki Room, and the fountain does look pretty nice! I just called Deliverears and they said the Disneyanna Shop on Main Street is planning on putting the fountain on display either Wednesday or Thursday! (the new tiki items are available for sale on Sunday.)

I'll be there!!

Any idea how early we NEED to be? Also, if we wants pins, and merch, how do we manage saving our place in line and getting the pin wristbands at the same time??

Can't wait, Can't wait, can't waiiiiit!!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EnchantedTikiGal View Post
    I'll be there!!

Any idea how early we NEED to be? Also, if we wants pins, and merch, how do we manage saving our place in line and getting the pin wristbands at the same time??

Can't wait, Can't wait, can't waiiiiit!!
    Call up your best friend if you want Tiki stuff and pins, or you could find a very nice MCer who's willing to help you out.

As far as how early you need to be. Umm . . . the last merch event I went to was a tiny one and we got there at about 7:30, early entry ftw. The tiki one I believe some friends and I are getting there around 3AM and bringing tazers in case anyone wants to try and steal our spots. That's just to give you a slight idea. I'd probably say 6 is a good time? If you want a tiki fountain seriously, get there ASAP.

God, don't say that. Is it an early entry day too?
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan View Post
    God, don't say that. Is it an early entry day too?
    Early entry days are Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday. The 22nd is a Sunday so yes there will be early entry.

Holy Tiki!! 3am! Crimeny..

I work until midnight, in San Diego, and then hafta drive up, crash in a hotel.. and get back up 2 hrs later? ::cry::

LOL.. Gonna be a long day, but it'll be worth it! 600 fountains.. can't be 300 ppl there by 5am, I'm hoping!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EnchantedTikiGal View Post
    Holy Tiki!! 3am! Crimeny..

I work until midnight, in San Diego, and then hafta drive up, crash in a hotel.. and get back up 2 hrs later? ::cry::

LOL.. Gonna be a long day, but it'll be worth it! 600 fountains.. can't be 300 ppl there by 5am, I'm hoping!
    I live in north county, about 70 miles from the parks. I have family up there that I'm staying with til about 3AM and just parking in a hotel parking lot and walking.

• Shablagoo!

Just heard from Coheteboy. I guess the line is still from Disneyana down to Star Tours. Yep its a big one.

Disney was *NOT* prepaired for todays release. Upon arrival at Disneyana, there were no ropes set up for a line, no event signs, and no guest control cast members outside to direct guests where to line up when they arrived. They had the front door open even though the store didn't open for another hour, the first group of guests just entered the store becuase there was nothing to tell them other wise and they all had to back up and reassemble a line outside.

There were production problems with I think the two main pieces people were there for, the Fountain the shadowbox from Dave Avanzino. First off the fountain, I heard that they only got 20 in... TWENTY out of an edition size of 600. All they could get here in time. There were people waiting in line that had early entry from staying at the Disney hotels. The fountain sold out before all the early entry people even entered the store. If you didn't stay at a Disney hotel, you did not get a fountain today.

The Open stock shadowbox from Dave Avanzino also had some production issues. (The hand made piece is AMAZING, much better than the picture shows, I truly think that this is the best piece Dave has ever made.) With the mass produced, they only were able to get in half the shipment of what they wanted. It wasn't until the first guests bought them and went to the signing that a mistake was noticed. The Letter Key on the back is completely misprinted. It has all the info for the upcoming Halloween version of the "DISNEYLAND" letters. Once it was discovered, all the Disney managers hopped on their blackberries making frantic calls trying to figure out a game plan as to if they should pull them or not. Normally I think Disney would have pulled the unsold ones but with that line (it was very long and slow) and the fact they sold out of fountains instally, they weren't sure what move they would make. They didn't want a riot.

All the merchandise looked great in person, I just think the release was poorly handled by Disney by the way they had the store set up. I do feel sorry for the front line cast members becuse the production issues from the factories is beyond their control.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

On the other hand, I had no problems in the Tiki pin line over in Tomorrowland. They had ropes and wristbands and even walking up at 10:30am meant you had enough time to get whatever you wanted signed. They had plenty of the box sets, which was the high seller.

Leaving the park at 1pm, there was still a massive line to Disneyanna. not a fun day for those in line.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Sorry to hear that the event was handled poorly.

Er, it seems like everyone wants a fountain! Maybe Disney should make it a regular thing to purchase at the resort -- I know I would buy one (I already do!) if I saw it.

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• Disneyland Fan

I was there for the release event and yes, Disney was unprepared as usual. I'm very disappointed with Disney for their poor planning of this event. People were cutting in line and the fountain was unavailable to the masses. I suspect only vips or a few lucky guests received one of the 20 fountains that were available. I was, however, able to put my name and number on a list with Elaine, the Delivears supervisor, and she said that she would call everyone on the list once the rest of the fountains show up. So I believe all of the fountains are already spoken for...
    Featuring a Model of Disneyland with Robert Olszewski's Disneyland Pieces

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast