Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

8/5: Mickey, Can You Hear Me?

DCA Preview Center, Riders of the Lost Jeep, Buh-Bye Ronald, Think Tink, No Walk in the Garden, More...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al080508a.htm
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Re: 8/5: Mickey, Can You Hear Me?

Thanks for the update, Al.
    Rick

Great update, as always.

This "verbal comments only" at Guest Relations is horsedoodoo. This, looking out for those who articulate things more efficiently in the written rather than vocal domain. If Disney is so scared of being accused of idea-stealing, surely a few sentences of fine print on the applicable forms could fix that.

This could be a cause of lost business. Not a lot of course, but in present economy that small amount of lost business counts for more than usual.

• Circle of Ancients

Great update Al, as always.

• Bucket List Car

Wow! That update was really good. Thanks for keeping us in the know.

• We Want The Redhead

That stuff about letters back from the legal departrment is no joke. My 7 year old decided to write a 'fan letter' to Disneyland back in May. In late July she got a form letter response back from the legal department. Pretty dismaying for a 7 year old. She got her first lesson in corporate Disney the hard way.
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Who wants to send some snail mail to Burbank, that is nothing but a rant, without any actual suggestions, mentions of visits, or content?

Personally, the whole thing (to me) is nothing but a loophole to eliminate more service to the guests. Customer service is slipping across the company, and this is the perfect excuse to close a method of open-communication. If people submit their ideas and then they want to sue Disney over them, isn't that why they have the team of lawyers? Instead, they use this excuse, close communication, and then people's frustrations will really go unheard.

This probably explains why my letter to Pixar was never replied to - it's just easier to round-file it, and claim that the lawyers don't want to get involved.
    -Monorail Man

The current daytime parade at Walt Disney World only dates back to 2001 when it was the Share a Dream Come True Parade built for the 100 Years of Magic. When the accident involving the massive Princess float occured, it was replaced by the caste unit that dated back to the 1990's (or before) but it's since been replaced by a modified version of the original Princess Share a Dream Come True version.

• Seasick

Thanks for the update Al.

I can't believe someone would sue over the "idea" to transplant a popular attraction to another park. No, scratch that, I can believe it. Craziness.

I'm totally going to sue if they steal my idea to update Star Tours with a new film.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• The one, the only...

Great update, Al! I never felt that Disney really listened to guest complaints anyways. But the fact that they will not take any written correspondence just sounds stupid. Does Disney have to respond to stupid lawsuits with stupidity of their own? I think not!

As to the Garden Walk. If Disney were smart they would buy that area when it sinks financially. Then build some transportation system to connect the hotels and shops to the rest of Disneyland. That is what is needed to make that area successful. It also cannot be a "mall" themed shopping center. People want something more when they are vacation. It needs some period theming to make it more fun to shop there. Malls are in decline nationally.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Rock Star Minion

Giving a company advice (in the form of a complaint) is not "consulting." There was no agreement by the company to accept services in exchange for money. One should not suggest there is some unspoken agreement otherwise.

(Now, if Disney's lawyers take my advice and run with it....)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

It's absolutely ridiculous that people's genuine concerns and complaints would fall on deaf ears like that.

What school did these so-called lawyers go to?

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadoe View Post
    It's absolutely ridiculous that people's genuine concerns and complaints would fall on deaf ears like that.

What school did these so-called lawyers go to?
    Apparently, not as good as the ones the plaintiffs' lawyers went to.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Space Mountain Fanboy

I've been staring at the photo of the firetruck for 15 minutes. What's wrong with it?

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

What a great update!! I am really looking forward to all the DCA changes and updates and I can't wait to see all the work in progress.

And can I get a h-e-double hockey sticks yeah for the Clown leaving the park?! I'm just crossing my fingers that something good will take it's place.
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast