• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Best Of Both Worlds: Hannah Montana's Miley Cyrus To Celebrate ‘Sweet 16’ Birthday

Disneyland Resort Press Release

BEST OF BOTH WORLDS: HANNAH MONTANA'S MILEY CYRUS TO CELEBRATE ‘SWEET 16’ BIRTHDAY AND HONOR YOUTH VOLUNTEERS AT DISNEYLAND BASH

ANAHEIM, Calif. (August 21, 2008) – When the world’s most popular teenager turns “Sweet 16,” it’s cause to celebrate. And when that teen is Miley Cyrus – star of Disney’s “Hannah Montana” – there’s no better place to celebrate than at a Disney Park.

To honor the occasion and Miley’s philanthropic passion, Disneyland Resort in California has created “Miley’s Sweet 16 – Share The Celebration,” an unforgettable event for Miley and her fans that also will serve to recognize Youth Service America and help drive awareness of the need for youth volunteerism.

The Hollywood-style bash is planned for Sunday, Oct. 5, from 6 to 11 p.m., with ticket sales limited to 5,000 fans.

Tickets, priced at $250, go on sale at 9 a.m. PDT, Saturday, Aug. 30, at www.disneyparks.com/miley.

For Miley, the birthday bash is a once-in-a-lifetime event and she plans to make new Disney theme park memories during the evening. “I only turn 16 once, so it’s going to be an awesome party with my favorite rides, hanging out with friends, fireworks and more,” she said. “I’ll even get to sing a couple songs.”

The evening will celebrate Miley’s career as a Hollywood Records solo musical artist and as the “secret pop star” she portrays on the wildly popular Disney Channel series, “Hannah Montana.”

Miley’s Sweet 16 at Disneyland will feature a medley of party elements, large and small, that will allow guests to join in the celebration of Miley’s magical milestone. Special Party Zones will highlight the music and fun of Miley and Hannah Montana with themed activities and entertainment.
    Some of Miley’s favorite attractions will be open in each Party Zone, and the party will end with a bang as fireworks fill the Disneyland sky.

Sharing the Celebration with Youth Service America

In addition to all the birthday fun, Miley’s Sweet 16 will shine a spotlight on Youth Service America, an organization that seeks to improve communities by increasing the number and diversity of young people, ages 5 to 25, serving as volunteers. (For more information, visit www.YSA.org.)

In keeping with Miley’s passion for youth volunteerism, Disney Parks will make a significant contribution to Youth Service America.

With the organization’s involvement in “Miley’s Sweet 16 – Share The Celebration,” Miley said she hopes that other young Americans will be encouraged to volunteer in their own hometowns.

“The best part of the party is we’re going to recognize some really cool kids from Youth Service America who are giving back to their community,” she said. “That’s so awesome because I think it’s really important for kids like us to volunteer.”

For More Party Information

For ongoing information about “Miley’s Sweet 16 - Share The Celebration” party at Disneyland Park in California, as well as details on how to obtain tickets, fans may go to www.disneyparks.com/miley for details
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Best Of Both Worlds: Hannah Montana's Miley Cyrus To Celebrate ‘Sweet 16’ Birthda

Disneyland Park will close at 5 PM on Sunday, October 5th per the OC Register.

http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/...ley-cyrus-250/

The park closes that night at 5 p.m., and only ticketholders are allowed in during the party.
    One thing to note from the Disney.com site, they are not allowing resells of tickets.

I presume this will be similar to what they did with the Pirates Premiere tickets. You must list the names of the persons attending when you buy the tickets.

And then you don't get the actual ticket until the night of the event, where you show up with your ID and the persons attending. (Of course, Disney will take School ID's for younger kids instead of DL's).

So no way to scalp a ticket (And GOOD for that!)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Best Of Both Worlds: Hannah Montana's Miley Cyrus To Celebrate ‘Sweet 16’ Birthda

I wonder if they are planning to keep DCA open later that night?!?!?!

And it's the tail end of Gay Days Weekend . . . . . . .

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

I presume that they will extend DCA hours on Sunday, based on what they have done with the Pirates Premieres.

Early opening for Disneyland on Sunday also.

We should know more in the next few days....

• The one, the only...

Only 5000 people in Disneyland is a VERY small number of people. They could limit the tickets to 15,000 and still have the park feel very empty, with every ride be a walk on. I know that it is for charity, but there will be some fans who will want to go and miss out.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Miley Cyrus invites celebs to Disneyland Sweet 16 party

Miley Cyrus has invited a few of her young Disney Channel co-stars and some older celebrity friends to her exclusive Sweet 16 birthday party on Sunday at Disneyland.

Those expected to attend the sold-out red carpet event:
    From “Hannah Montana“
    * Billy Ray Cyrus
    * Emily Osment
    * Mitchel Musso
    * Moises Arias
    * Shanica Knowles
    * Anna Maria Perez de Tagle

From “Camp Rock“
    * Demi Lovato
    * Meaghan Jette Martin
    * Cody Linley
    * Roshon Fegan

From “High School Musical”
    * KayCee Stroh
    * Matt Prokop

From “The Suite Life of Zach & Cody”
    * Dylan and Cole Sprouse
    * Brenda Song
    * Phill Lewis
    * Debby Ryan

From “Cory in the House”
    * Jason Dolley
    * Kyle Massey
    * Madison Pettis

Older stars (25 years and over)

* Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers)
    * Steve Carell (”The Office”)
    * Vanessa Williams (”Ugly Betty”)
    * Sela Ward (”House”)
    * Jennifer Love Hewitt (”Ghost Whisperer”)
    * Kate Beckinsale (”Pearl Harbor”)
    * Cindy Crawford (supermodel)
    * Babyface (singer)
    * Pepe Aguilar (singer)
    * Rogelio Martinez (singer)
    Los Angeles Times - News from Los Angeles, California and the World

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Credit: Sara De Boer/Retna
    Published:Monday Oct 06, 2008 12:00 PM EDT

JUMP FOR JOY

Although her birthday isn't until Nov. 23, Miley Cyrus gets a jump on her sweet 16 celebration during a concert and celebration at Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif., on Sunday. "This is the most amazing sweet 16 that a girl could have," the Hannah Montana star told the crowd from the stage.
    Star Tracks - Monday, October 6, 2008 - JUMP FOR JOY - Miley Cyrus : People.com

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Miley Cyrus celebrates Sweet 16 at Disneyland

10/06/2008 5:28 AM,
    AP
    By Derrik J. Lang

Miley Cyrus' 16th birthday party was more boisterous than sweet. Cyrus celebrated the hallmark birthday at an over-the-top Disneyland celebration Sunday — even though she doesn't actually turn 16 until Nov. 23. The theme park was closed for the supersized soiree, which included a four-song performance by the teen queen and a fireworks display above Sleeping Beauty Castle and 16 giant inflatable candles.

"Miley is really hard to surprise," her father Billy Ray Cyrus said at the event.

Organizers estimated over 5,000 people attended the special party, which cost $250 a ticket. On the event's purple carpet — that's Cyrus' favorite color — the "Hannah Montana" star bragged that her parents bought her a new puppy for her birthday. What else does Cyrus want for her birthday? A new car? Perhaps a later curfew?

"My parents shut down Disneyland for me, so I'm good for a while," Cyrus said.

Cyrus' father opened up for his daughter with a few of his own songs, including "Achy Breaky Heart." His daughter donned a white ruffled skirt and jersey-like vest with "Sweet 16" printed on the back for her truncated concert. At one point, Cyrus boarded a boat in the park's Rivers of America and crooned such tunes as "Breakout" and "G.N.O."

Throughout the evening, several popular attractions, such as Big Thunder Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean, remained open to partygoers.

Additional activities, like receiving a "Hannah Montana" makeover and playing the upcoming Disney Interactive Studios rhythm video game "Ultimate Band," were also made available to attendees.

Partygoers ogled celebrities roaming around the park throughout the party. David Archuleta and his entourage skipped the line to ride Space Mountain. Jennie Garth and her family ducked out before the fireworks display capping the celebration. Other stars in attendance included Steve Carell, Cindy Crawford, Tyra Banks and Jennifer Love Hewitt.

Disney used the event to promote their upcoming "What Will You Celebrate?" marketing initiative, which encourages tourists to take "celebration vacations" with their families. Beginning in 2009, guests at Disneyland and Walt Disney World in Florida can gain free theme park admission on their birthday with a valid ID and proof of birth date.
    Over at Disney's California Adventure, Disneyland's sister theme park, an entirely different celebration was occurring during the Sweet 16 event: the 11th annual Gay Days Anaheim, an unofficial gathering of gays and lesbians at the Disneyland Resort. Event producer Jeffrey Epstein said Cyrus' affair didn't conflict with Gay Days Anaheim.

"We're happy to share our big weekend with Miley," said Epstein. "While it may be a small world after all, we think it's big enough for both groups to have a blast."
    The Associated Press | The essential global news network

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

ANAHEIM, Calif., Oct. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Fireworks will sparkle in the night sky at Disneyland as more than 5,000 party guests sing "Happy Birthday" to Disney star Miley Cyrus tonight at "Miley's Sweet 16 - Share the Celebration," a music-filled bash kicking off Disney's "What Will You Celebrate?" invitation to guests of all ages.

Miley, star of the wildly popular Disney Channel series Hannah Montana, will celebrate her milestone birthday with family, friends, fans and special guests from Youth Service America, an organization that shares her passion for promoting youth volunteerism.

In one of the evening's big highlights, Disney CEO Bob Iger will present a special gift of $1 million to Youth Service America on behalf of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Disney has worked with YSA since 2004, providing "Disney Minnie Grants" to support youth-led community service projects that engage young people between the ages of five to 14 from around the world.

"On behalf of everyone at Disney, I'm happy to wish Miley a very happy birthday and celebrate this special occasion with a donation to Youth Service America," Iger said. "We're delighted to have Miley join in Disney's great legacy of giving back through volunteerism while encouraging kids everywhere to do the same."

Miley will arrive at the Disneyland bash on a purple carpet (her favorite color), joined by pals and her fellow Disney Channel stars.

"I always love coming to Disneyland but celebrating my birthday here with my family, friends and the kids from YSA is really awesome!," Miley said. "This is a night I'll never forget."
    Disneyland :: Hannah Montana's Miley Cyrus Celebrates Her Sweet 16 at Disneyland With Friends and Fans

Hi,
    Disneyland Resort in California is nice place for everyone, but on your birthday that is special day for your life and i hope you 'll enjoyed at very special place. Best wishes for you.

• Iron-Clad Allie

The fact that Miley is a true Disneyland fan is admirable. her excitement is contagious.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!