• Troublemaker

"Cabrillo Nat'l Monument" & "Mouse Dreams" -- HorseAndRabbit.com Adventures #42 & 43

We know it has been a while since we've had an update, and we do apologize. Horse_Bunny was put on bed-rest for pregnancy complications, so "Adventuring" was out of the question.

But, now that she's back on her feet (or wheelchair, if that option is available), we're back on schedule. Taking it easy, of course... and making these projects a bit shorter than what we're used to. But at least we're out and about doing what we love.

We have two updates for you this time around:

EPISODE 42: Cabrillo Nat'l Monument-- L is for Lighthouse

After our hiatus, our first adventure took us to a landmark in our own backward of San Diego. As its name implies, Cabrillo National Monument pays tribute to Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo -- whose landing nearby made him the first European to step foot on the west coast of what would later become the United States. The Age of Exploration not your cup of tea? How about a lighthouse that, for a time, was the tallest (due to the landscape) in the U.S.? Or bunkers that once housed weapons designed to protect our shore in World Wars I and II?

EPISODE 42: Mouse Dreams-- M is for Mickey

Unable to stay away from the Resort for long, our newest podcast has us visiting both Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure.

It's pretty interesting to note which attractions we were not able to ride -- be it due to construction in the Parks, or due to Horse_Bunny's pregnancy. Instead of the thrill rides that we normally thrive on, this trip took on a decidedly relaxed tone from the very beginning.

Take a ride on the Mark Twain Riverboat through Frontierland, drop by Innoventions and see some of the new(er) offerings at Innoventions, pay tribute to Golden Dreams on its final day, and also find out one of our yearly Disney traditions. All in a short, sweet little visit to our favorite playground.

Please subscribe to our podcast on iTunes -- visit us by clicking HERE.

You can also find Quicktime versions of the show at HorseAndRabbit.com Adventure's mainpage. And, obviously, you can learn more about us at our main site: HorseAndRabbit.com.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Re: "Cabrillo Nat'l Monument" & "Mouse Dreams" -- HorseAndRabbit.com Adventures #42 &

Woop woop! Another Horse and Rabbit podcast. Actually two of them! I'll be watching these tonight after I get through all of my Tivo'd new TV season shows. I can't wait.

• Troublemaker

Re: "Cabrillo Nat'l Monument" & "Mouse Dreams" -- HorseAndRabbit.com Adventures #42 &

Great! We can't wait to hear what you thought of them. :-)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Hey Disneyphenom! I know it's been over a month, but I wanted to leave my comments about your latest podcasts. I also emailed you and Horse_Bunny using the addresses on your site. Thanks as always for putting together these podcasts!

L is for Lighthouse - the big thing that stood out for me in this 'cast is the cinematography. About halfway through the 'cast, I swear I was watching some program on the Travel Channel or Discovery Channel. It looked and sounded really, really professional. Your camera setups and shot selection were wonderful. Really, really well done. The only thing that I could even slightly pick at, was the pacing. Maybe some of the edits could have been quicker as things felt like they slowed down in those lovely shots. But this is a minor point. This is truly a lovely podcast!

M is for Mickey - while short, I still enjoyed this 'cast. My two favorite parts are the montage and the nice tribute to Golden Dreams. Also, congratulations on keeping your tradition of taking a picture with Mickey statue every Labor Day Weekend intact! It's such a cool thing for the two of you to keep doing and makes this particular trip extra special.

• Troublemaker

It's okay that it took a while for you to respond... it took us way too long to get these podcasts finished (and to get the latest ones wrapped up), so don't worry about delays. lol!

Re: L - We really tried to do something different with this episode. It's interesting to do a podcast in a place that actually allows tripods, and that dictacted a lot of the stylet. Granted, it's the style *I've* wanted from the very beginning -- as I've said before, we're sort of a pseudo-Travel Channel show with no budget. I guess we're doing something right if you feel the same way.

The Point Loma podcast was supposed to have a lot more dialogue, so we had plenty of long shots in order to give it room. But when the voiceover recording turned out sounding so bad (not due to Horse_Bunny's performance, but just due to the actual background noise apparent on the recording), we ended up trimming it down. I think that's why the pacing was a bit "off" at parts, although we didn't worry too much about that to actually *change* the end product.

Re: M - With Horse_Bunny's pregnancy moving along way faster than expected, we really can't do the super-long days like normal. Unfortunately, that means we don't have as much fodder for a regular ol' podcast. With the Mickeycast, we really barely had enough to make a good enough video -- although I think we relied a bit more on still photos than I would have liked. But we're finding a limited amount of attractions that she CAN go on that we haven't either done to death or that don't allow videotaping. It's times like this you realize that there are waaay too many film-based attractions, and not nearly enough family (and baby) friendly attractions.

Well, there *are* plenty in Fantasyland... but we're kinda saving that for next season, for obvious reasons!

Thank you so much for being one of our consistant reviewers and watchers -- we're not one of the more popular podcasts out there, but it's nice to know that we'll have at least one viewer. And that, honestly, makes it totally worth the effort! :-)

-Disneyphenom

Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo4 View Post
    Hey Disneyphenom! I know it's been over a month, but I wanted to leave my comments about your latest podcasts. I also emailed you and Horse_Bunny using the addresses on your site. Thanks as always for putting together these podcasts!

L is for Lighthouse - the big thing that stood out for me in this 'cast is the cinematography. About halfway through the 'cast, I swear I was watching some program on the Travel Channel or Discovery Channel. It looked and sounded really, really professional. Your camera setups and shot selection were wonderful. Really, really well done. The only thing that I could even slightly pick at, was the pacing. Maybe some of the edits could have been quicker as things felt like they slowed down in those lovely shots. But this is a minor point. This is truly a lovely podcast!

M is for Mickey - while short, I still enjoyed this 'cast. My two favorite parts are the montage and the nice tribute to Golden Dreams. Also, congratulations on keeping your tradition of taking a picture with Mickey statue every Labor Day Weekend intact! It's such a cool thing for the two of you to keep doing and makes this particular trip extra special.