• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

9/6: Three Reads

Kevin Offers Two Reviews and a Preview of New Disney-focused Publications, Discuss it Here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: 9/6: Three Reads

As an author, you ROCK, Kevin! "Yee reads" are destined to become classics in their own "write"". I plan to purchase the collection at some point in the future.

101 Things You Never New About Walt Disney World
    promises to be be an intriguing read. WDW certainly has an interesting if not provocative history of it's own. How fun it would be to find out about tributary remnants of former attractions that have been incorporated into popular new rides and shows. Once again, great job.

Between The Disneyland Hotel book and Tales From the Laughing Place, Issue #3, the latter does not interest me in the least - although I am certain this series is not without it's fans. A chronological account, by decade, of the Disneyland Hotel would be fascinating indeed. The story of it's original owners, the Wrather family, is a savory nugate/golden nugget.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 09-06-2005 at 12:27 PM.

• Minion FOREVER!

Kevin, Well, I have another couple of must-buy books now. :-) Thank you!

• Where Schemes Come True!

I must second the notion that the Disneyland Hotel book sounds like a wonderful read....
    Many Bothans died to bring MiceChat this information.

I'm a Disney fan in Dollywood land!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I think I know the answer to the Pixel Pursuit, but I can't get down to Disneyland to snap a photo... Is it alright if we use a photo from the internet?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceAge Columnist

Pixel Pursuit submissions don't HAVE to be your own picture, but I reserve the right to decide on a case-by-case basis if you're ripping someone off who would complain.

This Pixel Pursuit was won yesterday - the answer was in the Buzz queue.
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• Closed Account

I was quite disappointed when the Disney Magazine announced the final issue, but was happy to see someone take over publication of some sort of Disney-related periodical.

Tales From The Laughing Place is a good quality magazine but there are a few things that definitely need to change:

1. Print quality and paper makes the magazine awfully expensive at only four issues per year. Reduce the quality of the paper and put more money into more pages and more articles.

2. Increase the font size. Trying to read some of the articles is very difficult with the intense imagery behind it.

3. Imagery! Reduce the amount of photos. Full blazing color pages with little text does not make a good publication. I look for quality in the writing as well as the layout of the pages. Sorry, this comes from the desktop publisher in me!

Don't get me wrong, I think Tales From The Laughing Place is a good publication and I will continue to subscribe....but now it is time to start improving on something that is already great!

Yes...I know...everyone will think of me and want to hit me over the head!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

4. Come down of of the academic mountain with the writing! They've improved in this, but they still have a ways to go.

• Closed Account

Pixel Pursuit! Drats! I was going to answer "inner" space as in Atomobile in The Adventure Through Inner Space attraction!