View Poll Results: You've seen 'BOLT' and what did you think?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • SUPER BARK! Loved it and will see it again with my Person!

29 49.15%
  • BeAwesome! Really liked it especially Rhino!

20 33.90%
  • Enjoyable enough but let's put a pin in it!

10 16.95%
  • CATastrophe! I was disappointed, time to move on!

0 0%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: 'BOLT' - MiceChat reviews

LOVED the movie! Bolt, Mittens, and Rhino are all wonderfully lovable characters. And ANYONE who has enjoyed watching puppies in a pet store, or have a doggie at home will fall in love with Bolt the pup, at the beginning of the movie!!! Loved when Bolt first met Mittens! Calicoman makes for an intesting villain, too! Don't want to give to much away,

For some reason, in my theater, they only showed the first 3 screens of credits, and the rest of the credits never played. Does anyone know if there was an additional scene after all the credits?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

They showed the full end credits at my theater, but there was no scene at the end. I wonder if that's being saved for after the full premiere next week?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

They had a cute little snippet, but I wouldn't call it an extra scene, just a cute idea to explain the credits.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    LOVED the movie! Bolt, Mittens, and Rhino are all wonderfully lovable characters. And ANYONE who has enjoyed watching puppies in a pet store, or have a doggie at home will fall in love with Bolt the pup, at the beginning of the movie!!! Loved when Bolt first met Mittens! Calicoman makes for an intesting villain, too! Don't want to give to much away,

For some reason, in my theater, they only showed the first 3 screens of credits, and the rest of the credits never played. Does anyone know if there was an additional scene after all the credits?
    Did you go see it at Desert Ridge? Cause that's where I went and the same thing happened!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

I thought it was a really good movie. Though I did think the end could be a bit too scary for little kids! i cried at the end too. rhino was hilarious!!! t had a couple of slow parts but overall it was really entertaining! yoyo and I even bought Rhino and Bolt plushies at the Disney STore today.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    Did you go see it at Desert Ridge? Cause that's where I went and the same thing happened!
    Yeah!

Another mini-AZ-micechat meet, and we didn't even know it!

I sat in the first row of the stadium seating - where were you?
    The same row, probably? HAHAHAHAA!

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Yeah!

Another mini-AZ-micechat meet, and we didn't even know it!

I sat in the first row of the stadium seating - where were you?
    The same row, probably? HAHAHAHAA!
    That's too funny. We were in the very top row

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Off to see the film again at 10 this morning, looking forward to sitting through again with my nieces (9 & 1 year old) and nephew(6)!
    At the end of the screening upon exiting the theatre we received the first messages of the fire in Yorba Linda where my sister's family lives. We left the Irvine Spectrum and returned to their home briefly so she could drop-off my brother-in-law & I to gather up their necessities. She continued on with the kids to our mom's house in Los Angeles County, passing the newly-started Brea fire on their way out on Imperial Highway.

Back at the house the air was so dark, ashy, miserable and genuinely full of dread. We pulled everything together quite quickly and spoke to the primarily adult neighbors who were staying. Fortunately their neighborhood was untouched by fire but it was fairly close just to the north of them.

Seeing 'Bolt' that morning and talking about it later that night and the next day really helped keep the kids calm and gratefully distracted.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Twilight' poised to lead big weekend

'Bolt' also opens wide; 'Solace' expected to remain strong

By Carl DiOrio
    The Hollywood Reporter
    Nov 19, 2008, 07:42 PM ET
    Updated: Nov 19, 2008, 09:40 PM ET

The boxoffice weekend is shaping up as the kind that industry executives dream about.

Just look at the frame's wide openers: Summit Entertainment's youthful vampire film "Twilight" and Disney's animated family comedy "Bolt" each target reasonably distinct audiences and should open north of $50 million and $40 million, respectively.

Then consider that last weekend's James Bond behemoth "Quantum of Solace" should register well above $30 million for Sony and MGM. And family laugher "Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa" ought to ring up more than $20 million for DreamWorks Animation and Paramount.

Do the math, and it's plain to see that those four releases alone will go far in matching the industry's $162 million haul from the same frame a year ago. But it's also generally true that a flood of business for one or more big releases tends to raise all theatrical boats.

So it's a foregone conclusion that the weekend boxoffice will outpace its year-ago comparison -- just as in seven of the eight previous sessions -- as Hollywood marks a merry start to the holiday boxoffice season and Summit execs unwrap an early yuletide gift.

Set for about 3,400 playdates, "Twilight" cost Summit $37 million to produce after Paramount and Fox Atomic passed on the project. Execs at the fledgling indie -- when they're not busy managing expectations on the scope of their "Twilight" good fortune -- are pinching themselves.
    Serving as a barometer of the "Twilight" windfall, Disney's 3-D film "Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert" played to a similar, slightly younger audience and opened Feb. 1 with $31.1 million from just 683 playdates en route to a $65.3 million domestic total.

Advance ticket sales for "Twilight" have reached the rarefied "Hannah" level, with younger females and more than a few moms among those keenest to rush multiplexes this weekend. Hundreds of "Twilight" performances set for midnight have sold out, and execs hope younger males will join in the frenzy during the weekend.
    "Bolt" features Cyrus among its voice cast, with John Travolta in the title role of a Hollywood canine deceived into believing that his superpowers are real. Disney registered strongly positive results for its 800-plus sneak previews of "Bolt" last weekend and will feature more than 900 3-D playdates among its 3,500-plus engagements this session.
    'Twilight' poised to lead big weekend

• Tinkerbell's Place

Thumbs up Re: 'BOLT' - MiceChat reviews

went and saw it at midnite last nite!! Unforunetly there were only 5 people total in the theatre due to twilight midnite showings. It was great tho and my fellow cast members and i plan on going to go see it sunday after work all together!! Disney needs a boost after Wall-e and I think BOLT is what will do it. Also the previews for the new movie coming out for Christmas with Adam Sandler named Bedtime Stories looks very promising. The only thing that I thought was strange and disturbing was the previews in front of Bedtime Stories and the premire of BOLT was for Dreamworks and Universal Animated movies,........these are our competitors, kinda weird they'd be showing in front of a Disney Animated Movie.
    GO SEE BOLT WITH YOUR PERSON!!!!!!
    It's FLITERIFFIC,.....o wait that's a quote from Tinkerbell,lol.

• Banned User

Sadly, I think Twilight has pretty much overshadowed Bolt.

It probably would have been a disaster had Harry Potter been in place of Twilight, but I think having Bolt up against Twilight shattered it's chances for major publicity.

The way I would of done it: Switch HSM3 and Bolt around. Pit the two tween phenomenons against eachother, make the viewer choose sides, and give Bolt a cushy spot with little competition. Likely would have worked better.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Very good movie We saw it in 3D and really liked it a lot. I didn't care much for the Rhino character but I loved Bolt & Mittens. All of the pigeons were funny as heck too.

Well done Disney!

• E T1CK3T

Rhino is freakin' hilarious. One of my favorite Disney characters of all time now. That is all.

yes twilight has overshadowed Bolt. Hopefully all the screamin teenage girls have seen it and let Bolt pick up speed Sunday.

Come on fellow micechat member go see it Sunday and give your reviews here and on rotten tomatoe and other movie sites.

I am sure that the 84% rating on rotten tomatoe could be pushed up to 90 by all of us.

• Infinitized!

Is there a short cartoon playing with Bolt?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast