View Poll Results: You've seen 'BOLT' and what did you think?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • SUPER BARK! Loved it and will see it again with my Person!

29 49.15%
  • BeAwesome! Really liked it especially Rhino!

20 33.90%
  • Enjoyable enough but let's put a pin in it!

10 16.95%
  • CATastrophe! I was disappointed, time to move on!

0 0%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Re: 'BOLT' - MiceChat reviews

What a great movie!!! I got to see it yesterday at the El Cap in 3-D (which made it even more fun!). I liked this movie so much more than the last couple of Pixar movies and am so glad to have seen it. It once again showcases the importance of friendship, which for me, has always been one of Pixar's biggest themes. I loved the releationship between Mittens and Bolt (my favorite part is watching her teach Bolt how to be a dog...so cute). I have to agree with aashee, the pigeons were hilarious!

On the technical side, the animation was outstanding. Pixar just gets better with each film. The 3D effects were amazing too, really made some of the scenes just pop out.

So I give it a , and encourage everyone to go see it...great fun!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Villains Fan View Post
    On the technical side, the animation was outstanding. Pixar just gets better with each film. The 3D effects were amazing too, really made some of the scenes just pop out.
    This was a Disney Animation Studios release, not Pixar. NNL thought the same thing though!

And I agree, it was a great movie!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Fortuosity!

I love Bolt! (Well Mittens more technically, since she is my favorite character, but you get the idea)

Make sure you see it in 3D if your going, the opining scene won't be the same without the extra effect.

I also love my Bolt t-shirt and poster I got for working at Disney Store!
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

the opening numbers are not looking all that great at only 27million.

I sure hope everyone that has not seen it go out today and fill the theaters as well as during the week to help push it up during the thanksgiving Holiday.

It really is a great film I am sure that it is much better than Madgascar which open huge

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Bolt was wonderful! The animation was breathtaking. The voice talent was spot on. The story was truly inventive and kept me guessing on what will happen next. My favorite characters had to be the two cats in the studio. They were hilarious. (I just happen to have a skinny black cat and a fat siamese at home.) Had to run out to Toys R Us to pick up a Bolt plush! Way to go Disney. I hope more people see this wonderful film.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Is there a short cartoon playing with Bolt?
    No there isn't.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Bolt was a big hit with our group yesterday. Even my hubby was seen laughing A LOT throughout the movie. Rhino definitely steals the show - and has all the good lines.

I really liked the friendship aspect of the story. Unlikely friends are the best kind, really.

The part that hit me mid movie was that there were definitely elements of Toy Story 1 & 2 in this. Bolt is a combination of Woody & Buzz (devotion to Andy, thinks he's a space ranger) while Mittens is a little bit Jessie at her bitter moments. But it is a combination that works!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    the opening numbers are not looking all that great at only 27million.

I sure hope everyone that has not seen it go out today and fill the theaters as well as during the week to help push it up during the thanksgiving Holiday.

It really is a great film I am sure that it is much better than Madgascar which open huge

Haven't seen it yet, but we will before christmas break is over. I have to say...27 million....ouch. Not sure who got to this date first, i.e. Twilight vs. Bolt, but if Disney got there first, they should have moved it up or back. Twilight left it in the weeds. For a major animated feature, I think they would have been expecting upwards of 40, and hopefully at least one first place weekend. To open in third does not bode well at all for Disney animation. Pixar keeps knocking them out, and Disney keeps missing for some reason. Marketing? Too close to Madagascar?

Bummer.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    Haven't seen it yet, but we will before christmas break is over. I have to say...27 million....ouch. Not sure who got to this date first, i.e. Twilight vs. Bolt, but if Disney got there first, they should have moved it up or back. Twilight left it in the weeds. For a major animated feature, I think they would have been expecting upwards of 40, and hopefully at least one first place weekend. To open in third does not bode well at all for Disney animation. Pixar keeps knocking them out, and Disney keeps missing for some reason. Marketing? Too close to Madagascar?

Bummer.
    Originally, Harry Potter was set to premier on the 21st, but WB moved it, leaving Twilight to take the spot. I honestly believe they should have switched HSM3 around with Bolt, probably would have been better for them.

• Disney Night Owl

I haven't gone to see Bolt yet, but I certainly plan to. To me, this looks like Disney finally got a fully computer animated film done right. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Meet the Robinsons, but I didn't love it.

It's really saying a lot when I am this excited for Bolt because I strongly dislike Miley Cyrus and while we don't see her, her voice is extremely recognizable. I know I can look past that because all the characters look extremely cute and well done in this film. I can't wait!

Thanks to those posting reviews.
    http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
    Always looking for new Disney friends.

here are the releases for this week

Upcoming Movies in Theaters

Australia Period Adventure Fox 2,600
    Four ChristmasesComedy Warner Bros. (New Line) 3,200+
    Transporter 3Action Lionsgate 2,500+

if twilight loses steam during the week and BOLT gets good word of mouth it might be capable of moving up to second place. I do not really see much competition this week

• The one, the only...

While I have not seen Bolt, I do plan on going. I think that the opening weekend had nothing to do with Twilight. I really don't believe that they are the same audience. I think that people are not in a rush to see this film, but they do want to see it and take their kids. Animated animals have been done before. It really does not look as interests as, say fish in the sea with Nemo or superheros. The girl character does not look right. She does not look pleasant to look at. I have not seen a picture of her smiling yet. All of Walt's characters had smiles, except for Alice.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Minion

I guess I'll see it, eventually, but the previews...and overall reviews...haven't inspired me thus far. The previews give me an impression of somewhat cliche'd (did I spell that right?) characters and humor, and only above average animation. And the reviews...which are important to me since I don't want to spend my money on everything that comes out...have averaged a "B" among critics.
    Down with the Hat

• Circle of Ancients

It was enjoyable enough. I don't know why, but I had a really hard time getting into it. It was fun, funny, had emotion, etc. I don't know if I was expecting more or what, but I found myself actually bored in a few spots and looking at my watch.

• Dream'n w/Blue Sky

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    It was enjoyable enough. I don't know why, but I had a really hard time getting into it. It was fun, funny, had emotion, etc. I don't know if I was expecting more or what, but I found myself actually bored in a few spots and looking at my watch.
    My brother said the same thing. In fact, fell asleep in some parts. He was disappointed in the animation and felt as if Disney slipped back to their old ways of just getting the movie done on time and under budget.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast