View Poll Results: You've seen 'BOLT' and what did you think?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • SUPER BARK! Loved it and will see it again with my Person!

29 49.15%
  • BeAwesome! Really liked it especially Rhino!

20 33.90%
  • Enjoyable enough but let's put a pin in it!

10 16.95%
  • CATastrophe! I was disappointed, time to move on!

0 0%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: 'BOLT' - MiceChat reviews

Saw the movie a few days ago, and WOW!

I think it might have replaced Treasure Planet as my third-favorite Disney Movie (behind Lilo and Stitch and Ratatouille). The action scenes were amazing, the story was emotional and not too cutesy, the characters (specifically Mittens and Rhino) were great and the voice actors (even Miley) brought the characters to life perfectly. This is the first true Disney movie i've seen come out of WDAS since Treasure Planet.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

December 28, 2008

Weekend estimate: $3,649,000

Domestic total: $102,761,000

(final numbers released Monday)
    Weekend Box Office Results for December 26–28, 2008

I liked it more than I thought I would and the parts from the TV show were very clever. Unfortunately the movie became extremely derivative by the half way point, and basically everything from the halfway point to 15 minutes before the ending was disgustingly predictable and dull. The voice actress for the cat was also terrible, which is weird since I think Susie Essman is great on Curb Your Enthusiasm.

It was alright though. Anyone calling it great is really overselling it, but it was decent. It was probably one of the few movies outside of Pulp Fiction where I didn't hate John Travolta though.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

We loved it. But I have a dog who looks conspicuously like BOLT.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Crap I thought I posted my review...

I went with the NW people, with my future superhero dog. I liked it. There were certain scenes I didn't like. There were certain things I would have liked to see. But the end with the zoom zoom and the super bark I was totally in tears, rubbing my little future service dog. It was cute. I know what Gabe (the guy in my avatar) is dressing up for Halloween and Purim as. Oh! And can I just put it out there: I hate hamsters (I'm a guinea pig person. They're like hamsters but nicer and funner) but after seeing Rhino I wanted a hamster.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Jan 11, 2009, 02:14 PM ET

With 60% of its foreign run still ahead, Disney Animation's "Bolt" grabbed an estimated $4.4 million during the weekend from 2,067 sites in 29 territories, for an overseas cume of $74 million and $185.8 million worldwide. Pixar/Disney's "WALL-E" remained No. 1 in its fourth weekend in Japan, grossing an estimated $1.4 million from 350 locations. International cume now stands at $303 million.
    'Madagascar 2' still on top overseas
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• For You!

My whole family loved Bolt - but I actually think my husband liked it more than any of us. He quoted Rhino and the pigeons for days afterward.

We will definitely be getting it on DVD.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• The one, the only...

The voice for Mittens the cat as all wrong. It never looked like it was coming from the character. Tom Travolta was also wrong for Bolt. He did a great job acting with his voice, but I kept on thinking of Tom Travolta instead of Bolt. It was just too recognizable a voice.

The story was warm and fun, but nothing special. It lacked the Disney element of fantasy. The world was too much like the world of today to really create charm. Usually Disney movies have its own world that has its own character and maybe an element of magic. This movie just was dull for a true Disney classic.

The one really treasure of this movie was Rhino. The voice was perfect. The character electrified the screen every time he appeared. He is as much a classic as Jiminy Cricket, Dumbo, or Tinker Bell.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan View Post
    Tom Travolta was also wrong for Bolt. He did a great job acting with his voice, but I kept on thinking of Tom Travolta instead of Bolt. It was just too recognizable a voice.

The world was too much like the world of today to really create charm.
    Sadly Tom Travolta was unavailable due to a scheduling snafu, John Travolta was already on the lot so they had to settle for him.

Secondly, as the film is set in comtemporary America it would seem to at least a casual or even accidental observer to be quite well accomplished.
    Did the also contemporary setting of 'Lilo & Stitch' on the island of Kauai create similar issues for you too?
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Bucket List Car

I LOVED Bolt. So did my 4 1/2 yr old. Great movie. I would definitely go see it again, and plan on getting the DVD.

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Sadly Tom Travolta was unavailable due to a scheduling snafu, John Travolta was already on the lot so they had to settle for him.

Secondly, as the film is set in comtemporary America it would seem to at least a casual or even accidental observer to be quite well accomplished.
    Did the also contemporary setting of 'Lilo & Stitch' on the island of Kauai create similar issues for you too?
    You are right I got John Travolta name wrong. But to call Hawaii just contemporary also misses the obvious. Hawaii is an exotic world unto its own. That is why vacationers seek to go there. It is totally DIFFERENT from the world they live in.

Bolt was set in an a major city on the east coast. It is not very removed from the day to day world most movies goers live in. I think you have made my point.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Nominees for the 81st Academy Awards

Best animated feature film of the year

• Bolt (Walt Disney), Chris Williams and Byron Howard
    • Kung Fu Panda (DreamWorks Animation, Distributed by Paramount), John Stevenson and Mark Osborne
    • WALL-E (Walt Disney), Andrew Stanton
    Nominees for the 81st Academy Awards | Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Bolt
    DVD/Blu-ray Set For
    Sunday, March 22 Release

AnimationWorldNetwork
    January 21, 2009

Fully awesome! Walt Disney Studios Home Ent. will release BOLT in high definition early as a Blu-ray + DVD + Digital File combo on Sunday, March 22, 2009. Two days following, the standard DVD versions will be available.

The DVD 2-disc Deluxe Edition and BD 3-Disc both include a special "DisneyFile" Digital Copy of the movie -- enabling DVD and Blu-ray owners to receive a digital version of Walt Disney Pictures' BOLT in their choice of iTunes or Windows Media formats for the fan on the go. BOLT is jam packed with fully awesome bonus features including "Super Rhino," a new exclusive short film starring Bolt's biggest fan.

Nominated for two Golden Globe Awards for Best Animated Feature Film and Best Original Song ("I Thought I Lost You"), BOLT was produced by Pixar co-founder and CGI pioneer John Lasseter (director of TOY STORY, A BUG'S LIFE and CARS).

Bolt (voiced by John Travolta) is the star of the biggest show in Hollywood. The only problem is, he thinks the whole thing is real. When the super dog is accidentally shipped to New York City and separated from Penny (voiced by Miley Cyrus), his beloved co-star and owner, Bolt springs into action to find his way home. Together with his hilarious new sidekicks Rhino (voiced by Mark Walton) -- Bolt's #1 Fan -- and a street-smart cat named Mittens (voiced by Susie Essman), Bolt sets off on an amazing journey where he discovers he doesn't need super powers to be a hero.

Single-Disc DVD Bonus Features:

-- Bonus Short: SUPER RHINO -- BOLT breakout star Rhino, the hyperactive hamster, gets a chance to headline his very own adventure.

Two-Disc DVD Bonus Features:
    AWN Headline News

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Posted: Sun., Feb. 1, 2009, 4:32pm PT

Disney's "Bolt" also fetched $4.3 million at 2,850 in 32 markets, pushing the toon's foreign total to $98.6 million. "Bolt" should be a major player next weekend with launches in France, Benelux and Denmark.

'Valkyrie' mission on target overseas - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

By Frank Segers
    The Hollywood Reporter
    Feb 15, 2009, 04:26 PM ET

With its Oscar nomination in the best animated film category, Disney's "Bolt' has been showing real spunk internationally, finishing second and pushing its overseas cume to $131.8 million thanks to a $16.5 million weekend from 3,696 screens in 38 territories. A strong U.K. bow ($7.8 million from 563 screens including previews) helped as did solid bows in Holland and Belgium.
    'Benjamin Button' stays on top overseas

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast