• Troublemaker

"Birch Aquarium" -- HorseAndRabbit.com Adventure #44

We're getting close to the end of our podcasting season, and are just starting to piece together our usual outtakes show to wrap it up. But we still had a nice little side trip that begged to be put online... even after almost a month of delays. So, here we have the last "normal" episode of this season:

EPISODE 44: Birch Aquarium-- N is for Nettle

I know what you're all thinking: What is a nettle, anyway? It's a type of jellyfish -- one that (appropriately) is on display at the Birch Aquarium at the Scripps Institution of Ocenography, UC San Diego. And that's the subject of our latest side trip of HorseAndRabbit.com Adventures.

The aquarium has been presenting Scripps discoveries since 1903, and was recently voted one of the top museums in San Diego. No small feat, considering it has some tough competition from the museums of the city's Balboa Park.

But a lot can be said about living exhibits, hands-on and educational displays, as well as a beautiful position on a cliffside overlooking the Pacific Ocean. So, join us on a virual trip from the Pacific Northwest to the seas of the Tropics -- visiting all sorts of fishes, a social octupus, a collection of jellyfish and an exploration of an amber kelp forest.

Please subscribe to our podcast on iTunes -- visit us by clicking HERE.

You can also find Quicktime versions of the show at HorseAndRabbit.com Adventure's mainpage. And, obviously, you can learn more about us at our main site: HorseAndRabbit.com.

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Re: "Birch Aquarium" -- HorseAndRabbit.com Adventure #44

Excellent as always my friend. Very short and sweet.
    I really liked the music this time around... I always pay attention to it but I really enjoyed it here and it worked really well thematically (not that it doesn't usually)

And hooray for outtakes!! It's always too much fun to watch us being dorks (well you know... more so than normal)

• Troublemaker

Re: "Birch Aquarium" -- HorseAndRabbit.com Adventure #44

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    Excellent as always my friend. Very short and sweet.
    I really liked the music this time around... I always pay attention to it but I really enjoyed it here and it worked really well thematically (not that it doesn't usually)

And hooray for outtakes!! It's always too much fun to watch us being dorks (well you know... more so than normal)
    Thanks -- we needed something upbeat since fish swimming around tends to be... relaxing and sleep inducing.

And, well, it's outtake time, you'll see. I mean, I haven't typed up the promo for them, but you're just getting back from a hockey game, so if I hurry...