BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Kirstie Kelly and Disney Unveil New Bridal Collection For Plus Size Women

Kirstie Kelly And Disney
    To Unveil New Bridal Collection
    For Plus Size Women

Kirstie Kelly for Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings –
    Red Label for Women Sizes 16w-32w
    to Grace the Runway at Bridal Week in New York

NEW YORK − October 19, 2008 − In celebration of the princess in every woman, Disney and renowned designer Kirstie Kelly are launching the "Red Label" collection of plus size bridal gowns designed specifically for plus size women. Kirstie Kelly for Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings - Red Label, will be showcased in glamorous style at the New York Bridal Market during a runway show at the Waldorf Astoria. Since the initial launch of the Disney Princess-inspired bridal collection in April 2007, the line has expanded to include Maidens for bridesmaids, Princess Blossoms for flower girls, Jewels, jewelry and veils and now the Red Label collection, each inspired by the Disney Princess franchise.

The new Red Label bridal line consists of 15 new dresses and caters to women who wear a size 16 or larger. Today more than 48 percent of women are considered plus size, and according to the U. S. market research firm NPD Group, plus size merchandise accounts for one in five women's apparel purchases, a growth of 20 percent between 2003 and 2007.

Kirstie Kelly incorporated luxurious appliqués and treatments that accentuate the natural femininity and beauty of women who are taller and fuller and every bit as much of a princess as the Disney Princess characters Ariel, Aurora/Sleeping Beauty, Belle, Cinderella, Disney's Princess Jasmine and Snow White. Each Red Label gown allows the princess within to shine through with a couture sensibility and detailed fabrications including silk chiffon, satin, taffeta and elegant accents with touches of crystal and pearl, ribbon and exquisite embroidery and delicate beadwork.

"The Red Label collection is designed to allow the essence of each woman to come through in a very natural way," said Kelly. "These gowns are designed to flatter and fit the curves of a rubenesque figure, creating an elegant silhouette and enhancing a woman's body style."

The launch of the Red Label collection continues the runaway success of the Kirstie Kelly for Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings line. Now available in more than 140 salons in the U.S. and nine countries globally, the line gives women the chance to realize the dream of royalty on their special day in a line of fashion forward gowns that bring out the princess in every woman.

"With a new line of fashion forward bridal gowns designed specially for plus size women, Kirstie Kelly has helped make the dreams of women come true," said Pam Lifford, executive vice president, global fashion and home, Disney Consumer Products. "By expanding the line with the Red Label collection, we have invited all women to fulfill their dream of being a princess on their wedding day."

Kirstie Kelly for Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings will also unveil the latest platinum gown in the line which is inspired by Sleeping Beauty/Aurora. This special gown reflects the essence of this most romantic Disney Princess with a crystal-beaded strapless ball gown with delicately beaded illusion sleeves and a cathedral train.

For more information on Kirstie Kelly for Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings, please visit www.disneybridal.com.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Re: Kirstie Kelly and Disney Unveil New Bridal Collection For Plus Size Women

This is such good news! The Disney Bridal Collection is stunning and there are lots of people that aren't a size 10 dreaming of wearing one of these dresses!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Damn!! Why couldn't they have made these about a year ago?
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• formerly PretzelSouls!

Those dresses are gorgeous!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Minion

Blog Entries

Woohoo... Just in time... Now find a seller near me... lol...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

• Minion

Blog Entries

woot! i was thinking,

ToDo List

1. find good man who is a christian and loves disney
    2. get man to propose
    3. lose a gagillion pounds to fit into kristie kelly Giselle wedding gown...

Yep, now i don't have to, i can stay fat and happy!!!!!(ok, i know it sounds orrible put that way, but eh, it's true!)

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

That's great but why couldn't they just make the Disney Princess ones in larger sizes?
    Eh, not that it matters, these will still be mega $$ anyway i'm sure!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

(decides to bite his tongue)
    Last edited by OogieBoogie; 12-22-2008 at 04:46 PM.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    That's great but why couldn't they just make the Disney Princess ones in larger sizes?
    Eh, not that it matters, these will still be mega $$ anyway i'm sure!

I think it's because of one simple fact.

The majority of her current gowns are designed for a thinner lady, so they wouldn't look very good on a bigger frame. Lots of low cut backs and sleeveless-ness, mermaids, ect.

I do understand some women can pull off anything, no matter size, but as for the rest of us (including myself) we might like a little more coverage or more o a tailored feel.

I'm inbetween reg and plus sizes so i think i can explain a little more. Theres a big difference in an XL and a 1 X. The main onei can speak of is in the bust, plus sizes are more forgiving, meaning i on't have to saftey pin the boob buttons shut so i don't pt on a show. Also, plus sizes tend to be longer in the top (where it hits on the waist), widr at the hip and thigh in the leg, basically they fit a curvy girl better...

PS> about my above comment, i realized i can already fit her current sized dresses eaisly, so ignore the 3.