View Poll Results: I've seen 'Hannah Montana The Movie' and admit...

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sweet Niblets! Loved It!

2 12.50%
  • It-was-better-than-expected-and-I-liked-it-say what?!

7 43.75%
  • I missed all the commercials and 'Zack & Cody' promos

0 0%
  • Hillbilly Hell! Would only be worse if it was in 3D.

7 43.75%

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Hannah Montana The Movie' - MC Reviews

Had an opportunity to see this film Thursday evening at an advance screening in Anaheim, the same theatre where last year the 'Best Of Both Worlds Concert' 3D film was held. It was like we'd never left. Scores of girls from 3 to 18 excitedly waiting to be let in, passing the time singing 'Hannah' & Jonas Brothers songs and perfecting the films' 'Hoedown Throwdown' choreography. Just as importantly there are many moms on site as well (and a few dads), the same moms who will bring them back to see the movie again once it opens next month, and will bring the kid's friends along too.

'Hannah Montana The Movie' plays it smart by expanding on the sitcom's Southern California glamour settings limited on the show to a soundstage and taking the act right to the beaches of Malibu, the Santa Monica Pier and Rodeo Drive. The Country Mouse to City Mouse to Country Mouse going back to her roots to gain perspective concept is an easy one to apply here. The majority of the film takes place in Tennessee where the Cyrus family is from so the lovely settings seem like part of the family too. The new songs are heavily influenced by the environment here to their benefit.

Insert here some country music star cameos from Rascal Flatts and Taylor Swift, a college announcement, farm life hijinks, a childhood sweetheart, some big city menace from a land developer and the inevitable fundraising concert featuring Hannah Montana. The drama comes from a pivotal decision as to whether or not she'll be able to continue leading a "double life". The lightness comes from the wonders of a movie musical where costume changes and other realities are humorously believeable and simply funny.

The show's regulars also seem to thrive from being on location. Miley Cyrus carries this entire world on her then-15 year old shoulders like a day at the beach. Billy Ray Cyrus gets to do more than walk in and out of scenes from the same two doors while Emily Osment gets to shine just a little bit brighter. And Jason Earles continues his run at an MVP trophy for slapstick and comedic elements as Jackson Stewart, the kids howled every time he was onscreen!

The new additions to the 'Hannah" universe include Vanessa Williams of ABC's 'Ugly Betty' , Melora Hardin of 'The Office', Barry Bostwick, cute young Lucas Till and Tyra Banks as Tyra Banks fierce shopper.

This film really reminded me of the sweet-natured movies from Walt Disney Pictures and others that I saw and loved as a kid at Saturday matinees.

It will do very, very well.

'Hannah Montana The Movie' from Walt Disney Pictures

is rated G - Opens April 10th in theatres
    Last edited by ALIASd; 03-29-2009 at 11:20 AM.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Re: 'Hannah Montana The Movie' - MC Reviews

I've seen 'Hannah Montana The Movie' and admit...
    Where these instructions too difficult? Tried to simplifiy as much as possible, oh well.

Walt Disney Pictures Presents
    HANNAH MONTANA THE MOVIE
    World Premiere Thursday, April 2, 2009
    at the El Capitan Theatre

WHAT: The WORLD PREMIERE of Walt Disney Pictures’ HANNAH MONTANA THE MOVIE. Disney Channel’s phenomenally successful series “Hannah Montana” jumps to the big screen in a fun-filled adventure in which Miley Stewart (MILEY CYRUS) is forced to choose between embracing her small-town roots and her secret pop-star persona, Hannah Montana.

WHO: From the Film: Miley Cyrus, Billy Ray Cyrus, Emily Osment, Jason Earles, Mitchel Musso, Moises Arias, Lucas Till, Vanessa Williams, Margo Martindale, Peter Gunn, Melora Hardin, Beau Billingslea, Taylor Swift, Rascal Flatts (Gary LeVox, Jay DeMarcus, Joe Don Rooney), Adam Gregory, Steve Rushton

Special Guests Nicole Anderson, Allisyn Arm, Ed Begley, Jr., Doug Brochu, Hutch Dano, Adam Hicks, Sterling Knight, Daniel Curtis Lee, Demi Lovato, Ryan Newman, Brandon Mychal Smith, Brenda Song, Chelsea Staub, Jennifer Stone, Alyson Stoner, Tiffany Thornton

WHEN: Thursday, April 2, 2009

Press Arrivals: 4:15 p.m.
    Celebrity Arrivals: 5:15 p.m.
    Film Screening: 6:30 p.m.

WHERE: El Capitan Theatre
    6838 Hollywood Blvd.
    Hollywood, CA

ABOUT THE MOVIE: Walt Disney Pictures takes the Disney Channel phenom to the big screen in a feature film extravaganza. Miley Stewart (MILEY CYRUS) struggles to juggle school, friends and her secret pop-star persona; when Hannah Montana’s soaring popularity threatens to take over her life – she just might let it. So her father (BILLY RAY CYRUS) takes the teen home to Crowley Corners, Tenn., for a dose of reality, kicking off an adventure filled with the kind of fun, laughter and romance even Hannah Montana couldn’t imagine. The HANNAH MONTANA THE MOVIE soundtrack CD features 18 tracks, including 14 brand new songs performed by multi-platinum artists Miley Cyrus, Billy Ray Cyrus, Taylor Swift and Rascal Flatts. Rated G, HANNAH MONTANA THE MOVIE opens April 10.
    BVPublicity

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Saw it tonight at a free preview. Had no expectations and it was about there. I mean it's okay for what it is, but it was still just not a good film. I groaned through a majority of the film but I realize I'm not the intended audience. Meh, maybe I'm too harsh.

• On Autopilot

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    Saw it tonight at a free preview. Had no expectations and it was about there. I mean it's okay for what it is, but it was still just not a good film. I groaned through a majority of the film but I realize I'm not the intended audience. Meh, maybe I'm too harsh.
    no, you're just above the influence and actually have a brain...

I really wish Disney'd stop relying on teeny boppers who need the help of a computer to sing already....

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Film Review: Hannah Montana: The Movie

By Michael Rechtshaffen
    The Hollywood Reporter
    April 07, 2009 01:47 ET

Bottom Line: Miley's return to her Tennessee roots
    goes a little heavy on the country corn.

Hannah Montana goes more than a little bit country for her first (nonconcert) big-screen outing, and the resulting Nashville/bubble gum fusion doesn't necessarily represent the best of both worlds.

Not that the tweens will mind the twang. "Hannah Montana: The Movie" is a can't-miss proposition for Disney, which is smartly striking while the iron is still reasonably hot.

It likely won't match last year's $31.1 million opening registered by Miley's all-singing "Best of Both Worlds," but Cyrus' enthusiastic fan base should ensure brisk spring break business.
    full review at:
    Film Review: Hannah Montana: The Movie

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Posted: Tue., Apr. 7, 2009, 2:26pm PT

Reviews: Hannah Montana: The Movie

Miley Cyrus stars in Walt Disney's
    'Hannah Montana:The Movie.'

A Walt Disney Pictures release and presentation of a Millar/Gough Ink production. Produced by Alfred Gough, Miles Millar. Executive producers, David Blocker, Michael Poryes, Steve Peterman. Co-producer, Billy Ray Cyrus. Directed by Peter Chelsom. Screenplay, Dan Berendsen, based on characters created by Michael Poryes, Rich Correll, Barry O'Brien.

Hannah/Miley - Miley Cyrus
    Robby Ray - Billy Ray Cyrus
    Lilly - Emily Osment
    Jackson - Jason Earles
    Oliver - Mitchel Musso
    Travis Brody - Lucas Till
    Vita - Vanessa Williams
    Ruby - Margo Martindale
    Oswald Granger - Peter Gunn
    Lorelai - Melora Hardin
    Mr. Bradley - Barry Bostwick

By Lael Lowenstein
    Variety

Even if you live in a cave or loathe little girls, you've probably heard of Hannah Montana. The pop-star alter ego of regular gal Miley Stewart (Miley Cyrus) and the title character of the wildly popular Disney Channel series sashays back to the bigscreen without missing a beat in "Hannah Montana: The Movie." Widely accessible even to neophytes, the G-rated pic is innocuous fare that should score big with tween girls, as well as those parents seeking age-appropriate role models for their daughters.

The pic's theatrical release -- sandwiched between Cyrus' sold-out 2008 tour and 3-D concert film, and the upcoming publication of her memoirs (at age 16) -- seems poised to maximize existing Miley-mania. (Her stardom has long since eclipsed that of her dad, country star Billy Ray Cyrus). Propelled by the younger Cyrus' charisma and undeniable talent, the Peter Chelsom-helmed film looks to be another smart move in a career thoughtfully shepherded by her father.
    Full review at:
    Hannah Montana: The Movie Review - Read Variety's Analysis Of The Movie Hannah Montana: The Movie

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Posted: Wed., Apr. 8, 2009, 4:55pm PT

Can 'Hannah' slow down 'Furious?'

Easter weekend also welcomes Rogen comedy

By Pamela McClintock
    Variety

Easter weekend sees a trio of new wide releases at the domestic box office, but Universal holdover "Fast and Furious" is likely the one to beat.

Widest opener is Disney's "Hannah Montana: The Movie," which bows today in 3,118 runs. Warner Bros. opens dark comedy "Observe and Report," starring Seth Rogen, in 2,727 theaters, while 20th Century Fox's fantasy adventure "Dragonball Evolution" bows in 2,100-plus runs.

Those pics, combined with holdovers, will make for a crowded frame, but "Fast 4" is considered the front-runner, having opened to $71 million last weekend.

DreamWorks Animation and Paramount's family title "Monsters vs. Aliens," which has seen strong weekday biz, should also stay high up on the chart, although "Hannah Montana" will lure away tweens and young girls.

Miley Cyrus' concert pic "Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: The Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour" was a box office sensation, opening to $31.1 million in a limited 3-D run. Cyrus' feature is expected to open closer to the high teens, but it could overperform. It's tracking best among girls 7-13.

According to MovieTickets.com, the top two tickets sellers for the weekend so far are "Monsters vs. Aliens" (30%) and "Hannah Montana" (29%).
    Can 'Hannah' slow down 'Furious?' - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Posted: Sat., Apr. 11, 2009, 10:10am PT

Hannah Montana tops Friday B.O.

Miley Cyrus film nabs G-rated live action record

By Anthony D'Alessandro
    Variety

In her second outing on the big screen, Miley Cyrus ruled the box office again as Disney's "Hannah Montana: The Movie" charmed $17.1 million from Friday auds.

Not only did the pic's opening day outstrip the $8.7 million first day of last year's "Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert Tour," "Hannah Montana: The Movie" also posted an all-time record for a G-rated live action opener, inching out the $17 million earned by the Mouse House's "High School Musical 3: Senior Year" last fall on its first Friday.
    "Hannah Montana: The Movie" was released in 3,118 theaters yesterday.

"Hannah Montana: The Movie" also charted the second best Friday bow for a pic unspooling during the Easter frame, ranking behind 2006's "Scary Movie 4" ($19 million). In addition, the Disney pic was the second-highest opening for a family film (PG or G-rated) prior to the summer sesh, besting the first Friday of Paramount-DreamWorks' "Monsters vs. Aliens" ($16.8 million) and slotting behind Fox's 2006 toon "Ice Age: The Meltdown" ($21.8 million).
    Hannah Montana tops Friday B.O. - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Posted: Sun., Apr. 12, 2009, 8:21am PT

'Hannah' passes 'Fast' at box office

Disney pic wins weekend with $34 million

By Pamela McClintock
    Variety

Disney's "Hannah Montana: The Movie" scored the second-best Easter weekend opening ever, grossing an estimated $34 million from 3,118 theaters.

Strength of the opening far surpassed expectations, and bolsters Miley Cyrus' star status. It's the biggest April bow in Disney history, while it's Friday gross--$17.3 million--is the best opening day showing in history for a G-rated pic.

Peter Chelsom directed the pic, which also stars Billy Ray Cyrus, Jason Earles and Emily Osment.

Nearly all of Hollywood had expected Universal holdover "Fast & Furious" to win the weekend, based on its $71 million debut the week before.
    'Hannah' passes 'Fast' at box office - Entertainment News, Film News, Media - Variety

Blog Entries

I've known Lucas Till's family since before he was born, and as much as I want to support his career (he was in the Jonny Cash movie as well as an episode of House this year), I still can't bring myself to sit through that movie.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Posted: Sun., Apr. 19, 2009, 9:07am PT

As expected, "17 Again" took a big bite out of Disney's "Hannah Montana: The Movie," which fell a steep 61% in its second sesh to $12.7 million from 3,118 runs for a domestic cume of $56.1 million its first 10 days in release. Being a fan-based movie, the Mouse House foresaw a sizeable decline. Pic placed No. 4 for the weekend.
    Disney opened "Hannah Montana The Movie" in Poland with $385,000 in its first foreign launch. The teenpic will go into major markets including Italy, Mexico, Scandinavia and the UK on May 1 as a counterprogrammer to Fox's day and date launch of "X-Men Origins: Wolverine."

• Sock Puppet

I must admit I was never a fan of Hannah Montana,but the movie is great! Better than I expected and exceeded my expectation.

Never judge something!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

'Hannah Montana' Takes Top Spot On Billboard 200

April 22, 2009 11:00 AM ET

Keith Caulfield, L.A.
    Billboard

In its fourth week on the Billboard 200, the "Hannah Montana: The Movie" soundtrack (Walt Disney) reaches No. 1 for the first time, vaulting to the top of the chart with 133,000 according to Nielsen SoundScan. That's a decline of 32% compared to last week's haul of 196,000 -- but that sum was powered by the film's April 10 opening in theaters combined with sales driven by the Easter holiday shopping. Overall album sales are down 19% this week as the market adjusts after the busy Easter week.

The "Hannah Montana" film bowed atop the U.S. and Canada box office over the April 10-12 weekend with $32.3 million and slipped to No. 4 over the most recent weekend with $12.7 million.

This past week the "Hannah" album was able to fend off the second chart week of Rascal Flatts' "Unstoppable" (No. 3 with 107,000; down 69%) and the debut of Day26's Bad Boy set "Forever In a Day" (No. 2 with 113,000). The former Lyric Street album arrived at No. 1 last week with 351,000.

"Hannah Montana: the Movie" is the first soundtrack to top the Billboard 200 chart this year. Last year, three did the trick: "Juno," "Mamma Mia!" and "Twilight." "Hannah Montana: the Movie" is also the third soundtrack from the "Hannah" franchise to reach the top of the chart, after the first and second volumes of the TV show's soundtracks hit No. 1 in 2006 and 2007, respectively.
    'Hannah Montana' Takes Top Spot On Billboard 200