View Poll Results: What are your MOST favorite Disneyland Attractions (pick 5)

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

43 44.33%
  • California Screamin'

22 22.68%
  • Soarin' over California

39 40.21%
  • Haunted Mansion

68 70.10%
  • Indiana Jones Adventure

59 60.82%
  • Matterhorn

28 28.87%
  • Pirates of the Carribbean

73 75.26%
  • Space Mountain

63 64.95%
  • Splash Mountain

44 45.36%
  • Tower of Terror

31 31.96%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Zagat's insiderís guide to the disneyland resort covers attractions, dining, shops

Press Release from Disney regarding the new Zagat Survey of the Disneyland Resort.

NEW YORK, NY. April 24, 2009 – Zagat Survey recently released its first Disneyland Resort Insider’s Guide, a comprehensive overview of 279 rides, attractions, dining, shopping, hotels and amenities throughout California’s renowned Disneyland Resort. Based on 3,122 avid Disney-goers, the guide offers advice on how to spend your time and money, as well as how to beat the lines, while enjoying the magic at Disneyland, Disney’s California Adventure, the Downtown Disney District and the hotels of the Disneyland Resort. Because Disney appeals to all ages, attractions are separately rated for their “Adult Appeal,” “Child Appeal” and “Thrill” on Zagat’s signature 30-point scale.

“Our goal is to give consumers access to a variety of information to help them make smart decisions and take action,” said Tim Zagat, CEO of Zagat Survey. “Through this guide, our 3,000+ surveyors, who are frequent visitors to the Disneyland Resort, are sharing their experiences to help newcomers better navigate all the parks have to offer.”

Thrilled to Perfection: The top thrill in the Disneyland Resort, the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, has earned itself a perfect 30 rating from surveyors – a rare honor in Zagat’s history. Following closely behind are Space Mountain and California Screamin’, which both earned “extraordinary” thrill ratings of 29.

Disney Fever: Most Disney visitors first experience the magic while still young. A full 60% of surveyors report their first visit to a Disney theme park before age five – and 30% say before age three. Still, Disneyland Resort appeals to all ages. In fact, 89% of our surveyors have visited the Resort as an adult without children along. Echoing the Resort’s remarkable popularity, the vast majority say they plan to visit again within six months.

Top Rides: This year, 65% of surveyors report spending almost all their time in the parks visiting rides or attractions. Surveyors’ favorite ride is Pirates of the Caribbean, the swash-buckling pirate adventure. The Tower of Terror earned the top spot for Adult Appeal, while the dazzling “Remember … Dreams Come True” fireworks won top Child Appeal.

Most Popular Overall:
    1. Pirates of the Caribbean - New Orleans Square, DL
    2. Space Mountain - Tomorrowland, DL
    3. Soarin’ Over California - Golden State, DCA
    4. Indiana Jones Adventure - Adventureland, DL
    5. California Screamin’ - Paradise Pier, DCA

Adult Appeal:
    1. Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (DCA)
    2. Space Mountain (Disneyland)
    3. California Screamin’ (DCA)
    4. Soarin’ Over California (DCA)
    5. “Remember … Dreams Come True” (Disneyland)

Child Appeal:
    1. “Remember/Dreams Come True” (Disneyland)
    2. Toy Story Midway Mania! (DCA)
    3. Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters (Disneyland)
    4. Turtle Talk with Crush (DCA)
    5. Fantasmic! (Disneyland)

DL = Disneyland Park; DCA = Disney’s California Adventure Park; DD = Downtown Disney District

Disney Dining: Like all Zagat Surveys, the Disneyland Resort Insider’s guide separately rates restaurants for their Food, Dťcor, Service and Cost. This enables visitors to make informed dining decisions and stay within any budget. Special indexes such as Buffet, Quick Bites Romantic Places and Teen Appeal, also helps visitors tailor any meal to meet their needs.

Surveyors are definitely passionate about Disney dining as 38% of them say they spend quite a bit or almost all of their time dining out. Napa Rose at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa swept the competition, earning top honors for Food, Dťcor and Service, as well as ranking #2 in Popularity. Blue Bayou, set inside Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland Park, was named Most Popular.

Most Popular
    1. Blue Bayou (Disneyland)
    2. Napa Rose (Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel)
    3. Rainforest Cafe (DD)
    4. Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port (Disneyland)
    5. Storytellers Cafe (Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel)

Top Dťcor
    1. Napa Rose (Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel)
    2. Steakhouse 55 (Disneyland Hotel)
    3. Blue Bayou (Disneyland)
    4. Hearthstone Lounge (Grand Californian Hotel)
    5. Rainforest Cafť (DD)

Shop ‘Til You Drop: With a plethora of toy, clothing and jewelry shops, shopping in Disneyland Resort is a popular pastime. A staggering 92% of visitors report purchasing apparel and an equally impressive 82% seek sweets. Disneyana, located in Disneyland Park, tops the list for Quality, and Downtown Disney’s World of Disney wins for Most Popular.

Top Quality (overall)
    1. Disneyana (Disneyland)
    2. Silhouette Studio (Disneyland)
    3. Off the Page (DCA)
    4. Jewel of Orleans (Disneyland)
    5. China Closet (Disneyland)

Most Popular (overall)
    1. World of Disney (DD)
    2. Emporium (Disneyland)
    3. Build-a-Bear Workshop (DD)
    4. Disneyana (Disneyland)
    5. Candy Palace (Disneyland)

Downtown Disney and the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort: The Downtown Disney District is home to retail shops, restaurants and live music venues, and is within walking distance of all three hotels of the Disneyland Resort: the Paradise Pier Hotel, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and the Disneyland Hotel. Visitors can experience live entertainment at the House of Blues or Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen. Some opt for more moderately priced dining at Rainforest Cafe and ESPN Zone, while others enjoy catching a flick at nearby AMC Theatres.

The Guide in Detail: Zagat Survey’s Disneyland Resort Insider’s Guide is loaded with helpful top lists and indexes. Attractions are broken down by type (Simulator, Roller Coaster, Animatronics) and by special features (Toddlers, Educational, Rainy Day Appropriate). Dining and Shopping are also included in indexes, such as Cuisine, Special Features, and Merchandise.

The Disneyland Resort Insider’s Guide ($14.95) was edited by John Deiner, with consulting by Laura Randall. It is available at the Disneyana store in Disneyland, Compass Books in Downtown Disney, bookstores, through ZAGAT.com or by calling 888/371-5440.
    # # # # #

About Zagat Survey, LLC
    Known as the “burgundy bible,” Zagat Survey is the world’s most trusted source for information about where to eat, drink, stay and play around the globe, and as such has become a symbol of quality. Zagat Survey rates and reviews airlines, restaurants, hotels, nightlife, movies, music, golf, resorts, shopping, spas, and a range of other entertainment categories in over 100 countries and has been lauded as the “most up-to-date, comprehensive and reliable guides ever published” and as “a necessity second only to a valid credit card.” Zagat content is available in print, on the Web, on the Palm and Windows Mobile operating systems, on BlackBerry, on mobile phones, and on TV. For more information, visit ZAGAT.com.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Question Re: Zagat's insiderís guide to the disneyland resort covers attractions, dining, shop

Zagat's lists the following attractions as the top 5 at the Disneyland Resort:
    Most Popular Overall:
    1. Pirates of the Caribbean - New Orleans Square, DL
    2. Space Mountain - Tomorrowland, DL
    3. Soarin’ Over California - Golden State, DCA
    4. Indiana Jones Adventure - Adventureland, DL
    5. California Screamin’ - Paradise Pier, DCA

Do you agree? We list 10 of the top Disneyland attractions above (without the shows and spectaculars such as fireworks and Fantasmic!). Pick your 5 favorites.
    Find us on Facebook:

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Re: Zagat's insiderís guide to the disneyland resort covers attractions, dining, shop

I only had one of theirs in my top 5 (Soarin') It was tough for me to pick 5.. I was stuck on 4. I like obscure rides I guess!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: Zagat's insiderís guide to the disneyland resort covers attractions, dining, shop

I think I'm with you NNL! But of the ones that were listed, if I had to pick mine would be, in order:

1) Matterhorn
    2) Haunted
    3) Pirates
    4) Splash
    5) Soarin'

Except for Matterhorn, I'm really not overly fond of the rollercoaster type rides, and will avoid them if I can. Even when I was younger, I wasn't that much into the "thrill" type of rides.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Going with what was listed mine was,
    1. POTC
    2. HM
    3. Space
    4. TOT
    5. BTMRR

But, I would remove btmrr and put Peter Pan there if I had the option

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Circle of Ancients

Going with what was on the list I had:

Pirates
    Haunted Mansion
    Big Thunder
    Soarin' over CA
    California Screamin'

•   

splishy splashy

go splash go!
    that ride opened when i was in kindergarden and i still think it's my favorite but it very seasonal...

does anyone remember the splash mountain special on the disney channel (i think?) with ernest? omg....

• You didn't see anything!

Blog Entries

My 5 Faves:

1. Haunted Mansion
    2. Indy
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Space Mountain
    5. Tower of Terror

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

This is shaping up to be a good race. I'd like to get at least 100 votes so we have a more definitive result. Keep voting folks. Our vote already looks quite different than what Zagat came up with.
    Find us on Facebook:

contributed to this 'so called' guide and when I received it, I promptly gave it away. It's poorly edited and offers no information anyone who visits this site doesn't already know. thin in both physical content and worthwhile information. as for the 'ratings'? ridiculous. All in all, save your money and buy a Dole Whip.

My top 5 in order:
    1) Soarin' over CA
    2) Indy
    3) Tower of Terror
    4) Space Mountain
    5) Haunted Mansion

It's hard to choose from the rides listed but...

1-Space Mtn.
    2-TOT
    3-Soarin'
    4-Indy
    5-Splash Mtn.

This list is not a true listing of fav rides since many (like Peter Pan) were not an option.

What about a list of the top 5 Yesterland rides?
    Last edited by renodisneylad; 04-29-2009 at 03:48 PM.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by renodisneylad View Post

What about a list of the top 5 Yesterland rides?
    That's a great idea. We may do that very soon.

And thank you for your first post! Welcome to MiceChat!

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

My top favorite DLR resort attractions:

Pirates

Haunted Mansion

Peter Pan

Enchanted Tiki Room

Jungle Cruise

and if there would have been room for a 6th ~ The Matterhorn

it's amazing that DL hasn't bothered to add another attraction in the size and scope and the Haunted Mansion and Pirates, for as popular as they are. Even with Little Mermaid being added to DCA, that will be more cartoon and be more comparred to Fantasyland attractions, than the more realistic looks of HM and Pirates.

• Wilderness Explorer

From the above list, I chose:

1. Pirates of the Carribean
    2. Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbbiden Eye
    3. The Haunted Mansion
    4. Tower of Terror
    5. Space Mountain

(Buzz Lightyear may have bumped either ToT or Space if it had been an option.)

Btw, Aladdin, do you consider Indy on the same scale as POTC or HM? Indy seems like a pretty epic ride to me, particularly when you take the queue into consideration. Splash is also pretty grand (though certainly more cartoony).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast