Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Blog Entries

Pirates League, a new Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for boys this summer at WDW (merged)

Supposedly located in an area between the Pirates of the Caribbean entrance and the Pirates Merchandise shop, this new "Pirates League", a new kind of "Bibbidi Bobbidi" Boutique specially designed for boys should open this summer inside WDW Pirates of the Caribbean gift shop area.

It will be an "all-new immersive experience where young Guests may assume pirate identities, be transformed into a pirate by a Pirate Master, and gain access to a secret treasure room".

More infos about this "Pirates League" and the rendering in big high-res size to explore each detail of the great theming at:

Disney and more: The " Pirates League " , a new Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for boys will open this summer at WDW

http://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/12/82/83/27/pirate11.jpg
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 05-18-2009 at 11:41 AM. Reason: hotlinked photo removed

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Re: Pirates League, a new Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for boys this summer at WDW

only for boys? They won't offer anything for girls? That would suck. My daughter would like to do this more than she would the princess thing.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Pirates are cooler than princesses.

Wow tough question "mentally" Walt Disney World. In reality i live in Squamish B.C. (for now)

will they do it for grown ups too. I love being a pirate. c'mon i am a child at heart
    We are the wish makers.
    Wishing upon a star for your dreams to come true.
    We are the dreamers.
    Dreaming of the wish your heart makes.
    We are all over making dreams come true.
    Making everyday magical for you.
    Walt Disney had a word for the kind of people like us.

We are Cast Members

• Engine Co 71

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    only for boys? They won't offer anything for girls? That would suck. My daughter would like to do this more than she would the princess thing.

I almost have to believe that would offer something for girls. After all Elizabeth Swan became the Pirate King in the last movie!!

• Hurry Baaaaaaaack!

From one of the press releases it said they would offer a "First Mate Package" (scars, tattoos, fake teeth, eye patch, sword, etc), an "Empress Package" (make up, nail polish, tattoos, eye patch, sword, etc), and a "Captain's Package" (which includes a costume). I'm glad they're offering something aimed at girls as well!

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

I would suspect they would offer something for the girls here, I mean we have the Elizabeth Swann character to inspire a female pirate.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

awesome! It should be open by the time we go in Sept, too. I bet our daughter would love this!

Is it really for boys only?...
    Music is my LIFE!!!

• All-American

A good move by Disney... it seems like the Parks have been becoming too girl-centric recently, with all of this Princess stuff. And it's about time Caribbean Plaza got some vitality again, too... as I'm sure this new store will bring, if it's anything like the BBB.

On another note, why is it WDW always gets stuff like this, while Disneyland gets a new Fantasmic?

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Quote Originally Posted by jagass View Post
    Is it really for boys only?...
    I would think not, that would be discrimination!

I see the OP wrote it is "designed" for boys meaning intended for boys but I'm sure Disney would never deny taking your money to dress up your female pirate.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Hurry Baaaaaaaack!

From the press release:
    Boys, girls, and grownups ready for the pirate life can start the process by calling 407-WDW-CREW beginning May 11.

I'm a grownup who plans on saving up some $ and participating!

I don't think I'll do it. But, I would bet my husband would! If our daughter does it, he more than likely will too. I'll never forget the time he walked around Universal ALL day with his face painted like Spiderman. haha

• Ursula

Long Island, NY, but wanting to move to Disney World, where I can use my talents for tips!

...I'm still waiting on a villains one.

But at least the boys are getting their fare share as well.

And I agree...when I recently went to WDW it was VERY heavily girly princess oriented. I can't tell you how many girls I saw running around in Bell, Snow, Ariel, and Aurora dresses...and yet not one young boy was dressed up.

My home away from home! If I don't make it as a CP that's where I wanna work!
    (Picture Taken by Me!)

• Banned User

It's the end of the World as we know it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast