DISNEY-PIXAR’S “UP” - At The El Capitan Theatre May 29th through July 23rd

DISNEY-PIXAR’S
    “UP”
    TAKES FLIGHT IN SPECTACULAR DISNEY DIGITAL 3D™

AT HOLLYWOOD’S EL CAPITAN THEATRE
    FROM MAY 29TH – JULY 23RD

ALL-NEW STAGE SHOW, “LIGHTEN UP,”
    FEATURING FAVORITE DISNEY CHARACTERS ALSO ON THE BILL

Hollywood’s legendary El Capitan Theatres is all set to carry moviegoers “UP,” up and away on one of the most entertaining adventures of all time with its special engagement of the uplifting new Disney-Pixar comedy-fantasy, “UP,” presented in Disney Digital 3D™, it was announced today by Lylle Breier, senior vice president of worldwide special events, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. This engagement will run from May 29th through July 23rd.

Prior to each showing of the film, guests will be treated to the hot, hot, hot live stage extravaganza, “Lighten UP!,” featuring your favorite characters in an all-new singing and dancing revue.

“UP” is the first Disney-Pixar film to be presented in Disney Digital 3D™ with state-of-the-art projection and sound. Daily showtimes for “UP” will be at *10:00 am, 12:45 pm, 4:00 pm, 7:00 pm, and 9:40 pm. Tickets are available at the El Capitan Theatre box office (6838 Hollywood Blvd.), on line at www.elcapitantickets.com, or by calling 1-800-DISNEY6. Special group rates for parties of 20 or more are available by calling 1-818-845-3110.

Things are also looking “UP” at Disney’s Soda Fountain and Studio Store where a special character breakfast with Mickey and Minnie (by reservation only) prior to the 10:00 am show is being offered on select days. The Soda Fountain will also be serving an “UP” themed sundae, complete with bubble gum ice cream, colored marshmallows, and a cloud of whipped cream.

Commenting on the announcement, Breier said, “Pixar’s tenth film, ‘UP,’ takes computer-animated storytelling to fabulous new heights, and the El Capitan is celebrating the arrival of this extraordinary new film in a big way. It is also Pixar’s first film in 3D, so naturally we’ll be presenting it in state-of-the-art Disney Digital 3D. Adding to the festivities, guests are going to have a great time seeing their favorite Disney characters in an all-new singing and dancing stage extravaganza called ‘Lighten UP!’ Things are hot, hot, hot this summer at the El Capitan, starting with this very special engagement of Pixar’s most hilarious and heartfelt film yet.”

Presented in Disney Digital 3D™, “UP” follows the uplifting tale of 78-year-old balloon salesman Carl Fredricksen, who finally fulfills his lifelong dream of a great adventure when he ties thousands of balloons to his house and flies away to the wilds of South America. But he discovers all too late that his biggest nightmare has stowed away on the trip: an overly optimistic 8-year-old Wilderness Explorer named Russell. Their journey to a lost world, where they encounter some strange, exotic and surprising characters, is filled with hilarity, emotion and wildly imaginative adventure.

“UP” is directed by Pete Docter (“Monsters, Inc.”), and co-directed by Bob Peterson. Jonas Rivera served as the producer. The film’s original score is by Michael Giacchino (“Star Trek,” “The Incredibles,” “Ratatouille”). Featured vocal talents include Ed Asner, Christopher Plummer, John Ratzenberger, Delroy Lindo, and Jordan Nagai.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: DISNEY-PIXAR’S “UP” - At The El Capitan Theatre May 29th through July 23rd

So looking forward to this, I'll be there this Thursday for the 4PM event. I've been told the new stage show is pretty good!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    So looking forward to this, I'll be there this Thursday for the 4PM event. I've been told the new stage show is pretty good!
    I'm looking forward to it as well. I'll miss you by a few hours on Thursday, I'll be at the D23 screening in the late evening.

Keep an eye out for our MiceAge columnists, they'll be there at 4 with you.

I'm hearing nothing but raves about this film. The buzz is really good.

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

I'll keep an eye out fpr them in the sea of UP buckets. ENJOY!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006