Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: 6/16: Dumbo & Dumber

One thing they should do is to not allow guests to camp out more than an hour prior to any show whether it be Fantasmic, the fireworks or the soon to open WOC.

• hunter of Hidden Mickeys

glad to hear that the EP is coming back to Disneyland, if at least for the 55th. Still a bit miffed that they changed the music and the Blue Fairy isn't the lead anymore, but I suppose I'll have to wait and see the new float for myself to make an opinion.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Al Lutz
    It's almost as if the TDA planners in charge of these things, a collection of executive leaders from Marketing, Entertainment, Industrial Engineering and Operations, never learn from the lessons of the past....

....the sooner TDA planners finally learn to do better at planning around these patterns their own programs have created, the better for all involved.
    Want to see a better-run DLR? Make those TDA executive leaders from Marketing, Entertainment, Industrial Engineering and Operations take their families to DLR for five full-day trips a year during the summer and Christmas holidays. Make it a condition of employment that they and their families experience first hand what the full-day tourist family experiences.

Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 06-16-2009 at 11:07 AM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Want to see a better-run DLR? Make those TDA executive leaders from Marketing, Entertainment, Industrial Engineering and Operations take their families to DLR for five full-day trips a year during the summer and Christmas holidays. Make it a condition of employment that they and their families experience first hand what the full-day tourist family experiences.

Excellent advice!
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

•   
    • Senior Minion

I had wondered why the EP got delayed as long as it did Friday night. Yet at least the crowds weren't that bad in DCA as opposed to DLR.

I also have to add that the different technologies on the floats really makes a difference. Tinkerbell's float was blindingly bright, I had to squint my eyes to actually enjoy it! Then the pixie dust effect on the other floats stands out so much when compared to the old lights on the classic floats. Yet I did enjoy seeing the parade and the promise of hopefully upgrading all the present floats to LED.

Also, not sure if the special light up Mickey balloons were just brought out Friday but they looked really nice and I have to one. FYI to parents ... they're $12.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

^I second that. Great advice!

They used to run MSEP, the fireworks, and F! back in the good old days. But what they did was they ran MSEP south toward Town Square. This really helped thin out the crowds as they followed the parade and either exited the park or stayed to watch the fireworks. No camping out's were allowed.

Then some executive I'm sure decided that changing the direction of MSEP and other parades would keep more people in the park, with the idea I'm sure that they would stay and spend more money. In my opinion, this little change is what caused a lot of the evening crowd nightmares that currently exist.

I think we have reached the point where Disney simply doesn't have the choice. They must do something to thin the crowds at night and running MSEP in a southerly direction just might help.

Besides, I know when I'm at a crowded Disneyland sometimes the only thing on my mind at the end of the day is to get out. Perhaps a thinner crowd would cause more people to be relaxed and may actually increase their sales even more.

• back in Austin

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    No kidding. Excellent idea. Simple, inexpensive and life-changing! =)

• Now 40% less bitter!

Great update, Al. I can't believe those squatters would continue to sit there after the first Fantasmic show so no one else could sit there. Very uncool. Something like that would never be allowed on a busy ride, so why should a show be any different?
    I am excited about the "new tricks" and updates you mention about Snow White and Pinnochio! Can't wait to see those!
    Oo-de-lally!

• Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    One thing they should do is to not allow guests to camp out more than an hour prior to any show whether it be Fantasmic, the fireworks or the soon to open WOC.
    Since none of those are in a "amphitheater" setting, there's no way they can. Sure, they can get rid of the folks who have blankets and gear -- obviously waiting for the show. But what about someone casually hanging out in New Orleans Square? Sitting on a bench near the Hub?

What if someone just felt tired, so sat down to relax... and only well afterwards realized "hmm, the fireworks are going to start in a bit. Lines are long, and I wanted to see them anyway, so I guess I'll just stay."

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by RenMan View Post
    No kidding. Excellent idea. Simple, inexpensive and life-changing! =)
    Make em' pay for it too, then it won't be so inexpensive!

Wonderful Idea Wiggins!

Call me crazy but I like to see Disney do away with the AP at Disneyland. Sounds like booth parks can not handle them anymore.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Al
    Also look for improved special effects and some new tricks when Snow White's Scary Adventure reopens in July, and when Pinocchio's Daring Journey reopens in August.
    I hope there some cool new effects (thats the only thing that really got me excited)

Quote Originally Posted by AliKzam View Post
    I can't believe those squatters would continue to sit there after the first Fantasmic show so no one else could sit there. Very uncool. Something like that would never be allowed on a busy ride, so why should a show be any different?
    I can believe it. Given the average "it's all about me" customer at Disneyland, it's not that surprising. Some CMs could walk from Fowler's Harbor to the Mark Twain dock with a rope and "sweep" all the people out of the area to allow the new crowd to come in. Therein lies the bigger problem with that area, though: Where would they go from there? You're talking about putting two Fantasmic-sized crowds in one area and being able to rotate them out of there. Not exactly feasible.

I'm always curious, though, about why this surprises people anymore. Not just TDA people but APs as well. We KNOW these new things are going to be hugely popular and that everyone wants to see them. But, because logic that would say "Wait a few days until the crowds die down and they work out all the inevitable kinks" is regularly ignored, everyone gets up in arms when things like this happen. Personally, it's why I rarely go see blockbuster movies on the first weekend; mob mentality transforms mild-mannered people into flat-out jerks.

Should the TDA people have expected this? Of course! If the APs knew this was going to happen, why wouldn't the TDA folks? But then, if the APs knew this was going to happen, why did they allow themselves to become part of the problem?

• Now 40% less bitter!

I see your point, which is also why I didn't go. It's also one of the reasons I don't usually watch the shows anymore. Somehow it still manages to appall me when people can be so uncourteous, AP or not. I personally wasn't bringing up any possible logistics about where to put said squatters, but it is Disneyland. There are other things to do there besides just watch Fantasmic.
    Oo-de-lally!

• is too darn hot.

So if MSEP heads back to Disneyland (oh please oh please) will the bring back the original soundtrack? I can't stand the new soundtrack.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast