Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

6/16: Dumbo & Dumber

Fantasmic + Fireworks + WWW + APs = Nightmares; Electrical Parade returns to Main Street, More... discuss it all here:

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: MiceAge.com - A different look at Disney...
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Re: 6/16: Dumbo & Dumber

It's about dang time the MAIN STREET Electrical Parade went back to Disneyland. It belongs there and nowhere else! Hopefully this truly means the Blue Fairy will be back as someone said in another thread.

<Joe>

• șoșEsteban♂

im actually happy the EP will come back to disneyland hopefully the blue fairy becomes the lead again BUT!!!................they also said back in 96 that it would never come back..it came back as a holiday present but still....they sais it would be gone forever.............so are they going to do this with everything everytime they say it will never lol...well i dont mind im just saying.... i love EP glad its coming back tho =D
    When stars are born...They possess a gift or two,
    one of those is, they have the power to make a wish come true!

• The line's too long...

Glad to see Electrical Parade coming back to DL. It's a promise I'm glad they're breaking.

interesting article but there is one comment that i would like to make. The Fantasmic viewing area was designed to hold up to 12,000 guests but normally is set up to accommodate a bit over 10,000.

The WOC viewing area is being built to hold 9,000 guests with several other smaller sections to hold more but it also has the luxury of being next to a major parade route which should help the flow of guests much better than the cramped Adventureland/Frontierland walkways.

• The Fantasyland guy

I'm glad the EP will be back in DL, even if it is for just one summer.

but my question as a follow up is... what happens to F!? Are we going to have the EP F! and Fireworks in one park?

Quote Originally Posted by D.E.1955 View Post
    im actually happy the EP will come back to disneyland hopefully the blue fairy becomes the lead again BUT!!!................they also said back in 96 that it would never come back..it came back as a holiday present but still....they sais it would be gone forever.............so are they going to do this with everything everytime they say it will never lol...well i dont mind im just saying.... i love EP glad its coming back tho =D

The Fairy will not come back, expect to see other floats slowly get revamped.

At the moment the new Tinkerbell float stands out quite a bit compared to rest of the aging floats of the DEP.

I saw the MSEP move coming all along and I'm thrilled. At this point, I feel the parade is sufficiently changed that they won't be breaking any promise that it was "glowing away forever" - at least that's how marketing is going to spin it. Either way, I forgive them completely

And with the new face of the drum being LEDs, it should be even easier to convert the title back to Main Street without restringing any Christmas light strands!
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

I also am a little worried that the D-Land will have Fireworks, Electrical Parade, and Fantasmic in one park. Back in the day Disneyland could manage the crowds with such events but throw in the rising attendance levels and KABLOOM! SPEAKING OF CROWD CONTROL DISASTER!!!!

• back in Austin

I'm confused as to why Disney would spend lots of money to advertise new entertainment offerings and rides before they've opened. Is it in any business's best interests to beef up a marketing campaign and generate demand for a product which they can't fill? They're already guaranteed to have more people at opening nights for these events than can fit. Why not be more modest about the ad campaign, just barely getting the word out that these new offerings are available and then spend more advertising dollars later when attendance drops off?

• Anaheim Film Arts Society

So Cal passholders have one more week before the summer blackout starts. So Cals are blacked out tomorrow thru Sat. The summer blackout starts next Sat (6/27)

Blog Entries

After viewing the pictures of Tokyo Disneyland's version of the electrical parade, its ridiculous that we still have these decrepit old floats. They look amateurish compared to what is now capable. If they're going to bring this parade back to DL, it needs to be completely rebuilt using the new technologies.

• The one, the only...

All the mess COULD have been avoided. Disney needed to hand out fliers to those who enter apologizing that the dragon WOULD NOT perform that night. Also at the Fantasmic seating area, they could have announced that also. Along with cast members who could have directed people to move along after the event.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Loved the title Al "Dumbo & Dumber". Overall, I'm impressed with the Nightastic offerings but was disappointed with the missing/broken elements and horrid crowd control.

Although I'm not the Electrical Parade's biggest fan, I am glad to hear that it is returning to the park where it looks best. Let's hope that it gets a full refresh and update in the process. The new Tinkerbelle float shows what can be done with today's technology which would truly make the parade spectacular.

Hopefully, the planners at Disneyland are taking your words and the example of the crowd problems this past weekend to heart and will do a better job with crowd control tonight and for World of Color next year.

It would probably be best to set up a web site which allows passholders to pre-purchase World of Color preview tickets for a specific night (after regular park hours) and do a week or two of previews before opening it to the public. That would keep people from camping out all day at the pier and still satisfy the die-hard fans desire to see the new show as soon as possible.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Interesting about the AP situation. Here's an idea - how about having a 'day of the week' annual pass? I find that we usually go on the same day or days of the week. How about offering an AP where you go only on certain days of the week, say Mon and Weds, or Tues and Thurs? And you would also get the same days in the summer, or at least some. This might make it more complicated, but it might address the lopsided attendance patterns.
    Last edited by Disneykin Kid; 06-16-2009 at 10:12 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast