Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Blog Entries

All About the awaited Soarin' Over the world movie

Hello, It took some time to counter check the infos but the article that will tell you all about the awaited Soarin' over the world movie for DCA and WDW (and hopefully the WDS in Paris some day) is now on line.

Important note: In the article the name of the COUNTRIES are the one that WDI imaginers are planning to film for the movie. The LOCATIONS in each country are pure speculation from me, BUT chances are big that you'll see some of the scenes in the final result. Example: Egypt is part of the list of the countries they would like to include in the movie. Don't need to be very smart to guess that more-than-probably we will "soar" over the Giza pyramids, right? Also, all pictures in the article are NOT Disney pictures of course, but a photo-montage that i did myself to illustrate what i say in the article.

One last thing: the infos are very reliable - "from the horse's mouth", kind of - and i think the release date should be right, too.

Okay, here is the article: Disney and more: Why you shouldn't expect to " Soar over the World " before 2011

Last edited by loaloa55; 06-24-2009 at 02:14 AM.

• Minion

Re: All About the awaited Soarin' Over the world movie

This sounds like a great idea for a new experience, but how would this ever tie in with the California theme? I think its pretty obvious that Disney is going to steer away from the true California theme.
    Jeff Wayne

• Gateway Fantasmic!

That makes me almost angry. I would
    love to see the ride but I would rather see it at Epcot. Not DCA. Soarin' is one of the few rides that still has to do with California. This is just more to my point that Disney just wants to change the theme of the park altogether.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." -Walter Elias Disney

SEE MOM! Even Walt Disney thought school was bad!

Twitter http://twitter.com/dogtherock
    YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/dogtherock
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/waltdisneyscaliforniaadventure
    (Look at the URL i got for Facebook

Blog Entries

The original Soarin' over California movie is already 9 years old and although it's an excellent one it's understandable that guests would be pleased to "soar" over other countries. However, as there is two theatres, it leaves the possibility to have both films, one in each theater.

The other reason for a new Soarin' movie "around the world" is that a movie "only" about California fits perfectly with DCA but not with other theme parks outside the U.S.

• Banned User

Condor Flats is the California desert where pilots practiced and tessted the future of aviation. The jets of today are the descendants of those test pilots. Thus Soarin' over the World would be our hang gliders who started out in California and went forth around the world.

If you believe that then I have 10,000 acres of swampland for sale cheap.

Blog Entries

There's certainly nothing wrong with leaving soarin over California like it is in DCA. It actually fits the theme. Its never really made sense to use that same film in Epcot however, and I desperately hope to see a new film in Epcot that covers the world.

I'm not so certain that making it longer is a good idea though as the wait times at Epcot are already ridiculously long. If you add another 2 minutes it'll just make it that much worse.

• I'm not really here

If the plan is to eventually retheme Grizzly Peak and Condor Flats into a Teddy Roosevelt era national park kind of thing, then it would make sense to update the film a little bit, but to keep it to California's National Parks. There are plenty of them that could be filmed for that. As cool as some of these ideas sound, I think it important to not stray from theme with DCA as much as is humanly possible.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

If they upgrade to using more high def cameras and projectors for the new film I will definately welcome an updated film. Besides in SOCA they shot in San Diego on probably one of the WORST smog days it has had in 10 years, terrible representation of where I live.

i wonder, will they spray sand on the guests when flying over Egypt?

I like the idea but not for DCA. There are many areas of the state that can still be filmed for the existing movie. A little editing and switching of a couple scenes would be ok.

If this is true i also feel that a trip around the world would feel to abrupt jumping from one end of the globe to another in such a short movie especially the way the movie is edited from one scene to another.

• Banned User

Haha, just had a thought, I wonder what the effect on the senses would be if you were in the simulator and got a chance to do a zoom-in from space with google earth up on the screen.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

The theme of DCA is already a total joke. I welcome the idea of Soarin' over the world.

• potterday.org

Thank you to the original poster for posting this information, but as far as I'm concerned they can push off filming the global Soarin' for a decade and I won't mind.

Soarin' Over California is the most solidly Disney of all attractions at DCA, and it certainly doesn't need a revision for want of visitors or popularity. I love the locations used and the way they pay homage to the diverse topography, climate and culture of the golden state...

So naturally we must delete it and replace all corresponding Soarin' attractions throughout the world with a homogenized, all-access BBC Planet Earth rendition with no individual character whatsoever. After all, why should any theme park experience across the globe be unique when we could simply serve everyone the same McRide?

Someone is bound to suggest: why can't they just show both versions? For the same reason they will not be showing the original Star Tours film when the sequel is installed: it would be a logistical nightmare.

Sad to see it go, I will be.
    Zoe Necrosis
    Chancellor, Yensid's School of Sorcery and Necromancy

Potter Day Lite: Spring 2013!

http://potterday.org

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by WestsideCM99 View Post
    If they upgrade to using more high def cameras and projectors for the new film I will definately welcome an updated film. Besides in SOCA they shot in San Diego on probably one of the WORST smog days it has had in 10 years, terrible representation of where I live.
    Are you sure it was smog?

If they wanted to obscure the background in Post Production to block out something distracting in the background (like, let's say... Sea World? A huge billboard for Universal Studios?) it would be easy to add believable "low clouds" or "fog" or "smog" in the computer. There's already tons of post processing in that film, what's one more shot?

I'd have to recreate the shots in perspective (and renting a helicopter isn't cheap, nevermind getting access to restricted airspace near military bases and Lindbergh Field...) or get hold of the raw camera footage and see what they didn't want you to see in the finished product.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• living in the sprawl

Blog Entries

The pictures you posted are intriguing, and I think they would be a lot of fun. But like others have said, for Epcot and not DCA.

• =)

No. No. No.

No.

At Epcot or other parks, sure! Sounds like an awesome idea. But just because something works in one park doesn't mean it'll work in any other. Soarin' over California is the one DCA attraction that entertains people in a truly magical way and pays really solid respect to California. People haven't gotten tired of the film, as evidenced by the lines...why fix what ain't broke? In fact, why break one of the few things that wasn't broke from the start?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast