Blog Entries

SHAG Haunted Mansion 40th Ann Artwork event is tomorrow August 9th at Disneyland !

SHAG Haunted Mansion 40th Ann Artwork event is tomorrow Sunday , August 9th at Disneyland !

I repost this previous article about SHAG Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary artwork and collectibles as tomorrow Sunday 9th of August is the "D" day at Disneyland! From 10 am to 1pm this sunday, SHAG will be at Main Street Cinema to sign the items previouly purchased at the Disneyana Shop. If you don't live in L.A and are interested by some of the items below, i remind you that you very probably can order them through the Disneyland mail order service.

A bit more about this even from the official release: "Artist SHAG will be on hand for a special meet & greet and signing opportunity as we celebrate the release of his "Haunted Mansion" inspired artwork created in commemoration of the 40th Anniversary of the Haunted Mansion attraction at Disneyland® park. Represented in the artwork are some of the attraction's most beloved scenes, including the Stretching Portraits, the Ballroom, the Seance Room, the Attic, Graveyard, among others. This unique collection is a must have for any SHAG and Haunted Mansion enthusiast."

And now the previous article with a best-of pictures of the items.

SHAG, the trendy artist famous for his Adventureland and Tiki Room inspired artwork did new artwork for the Haunted Mansion 40th Anniversary celebration and i think as you will see below that he did a brilliant job.

Here is a series of SHAG paintings inspired by Haunted Mansion different scenes, and each of them will be available in prints, serigraphy or giclée printing. The original paintings will also be on sale with prices between $6000 to $16000. But don't worry, the 14" x 18" prints will cost only $35.

NOTE: All the artwork below are in big size on D&M article - just double click on each picture once you are on this page:
    Disney and more: SHAG Haunted Mansion 40th Ann Artwork event is tomorrow Sunday , August 9th at Disneyland !

SHAG did also a Walt Disney World Haunted Mansion version of his "We're Dying To Meet You" painting.

The artwork will also be used for other items, some of them in limited editions like this Cookie Jar Urn at $55...

This Appetizer Tray at $35...

This Haunted Mansion Lantern at $45...

These Lunch Bags at $24...

This Aloha shirt at $75...

This Boxed Pin Set at $50...

And a 5" x 7" Postcard Set in Tin which will include all the different SHAG Haunted Mansion artwork will also be available at $18.

There are many more infos about this SHAG Haunted Mansion artwork, with details on edition sizes, prices, etc on the Disney Gallery web site. Have a look!

Also about this Haunted Mansion 40th anniversary, the Disney Summer Pin Festival 2009 - Haunted Mansion O'Pin House is ending August 9 and here is some nice artwork about it.

MORE Haunted Mansion 40th anniversary collectibles are coming soon, this time designed by Kevin Kidney and Jody Daily and many others, and you can see most of them in this Disney and more articles here:

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/20...rsary-all.html

All pictures and SHAG artwork: copyright Disney
    Last edited by loaloa55; 08-10-2009 at 05:23 AM.

Re: SHAG Haunted Mansion 40th Ann Artwork event is tomorrow August 9th at Disneyland

YAY, I'll be there!

• Looking for Hidden Mickey

Re: SHAG Haunted Mansion 40th Ann Artwork event is tomorrow August 9th at Disneyland

Bring a camera. I would love to see pictures of this event!
    Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Can't wait for the reports on HM Shag event!

And reports of leftover items from the event . . .

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Lot of people there for the event yesterday. It took about two hours from getting in line to getting things signed. It seems there's some left of most of the stuff. They ran out of ears, but said they would get more in later this week possibly. But, they are limited to 999 pairs and really were one of the coolest things there, along with the Aloha shirt. There may not be any Urn / cookie jars left. They were limited to 400. There was some confusion early on as to how many items people could buy. When Hastin went throgh they said each person could only buy two items total. However, soon after, they wisely (for me) decided that that meant two of each item. So Hastin got screwed but I got most of what I wanted. A few pics.

Are the Hitchhiking Ghosts new to the Silhouette Shop window?

Mike

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Quote Originally Posted by mcow1 View Post
    There was some confusion early on as to how many items people could buy. When Hastin went throgh they said each person could only buy two items total. However, soon after, they wisely (for me) decided that that meant two of each item. So Hastin got screwed but I got most of what I wanted.
    Well, it was Disney's first time putting on a merchandise event, so it's no wonder there was a little confusion.
    Rick