Blog Entries

Disney and more Time machine - 1957 : Disneyland's House of the Futur

Disneyland's House of the Future - 1957

The Monsanto House of the Future was a Disneyland attraction sponsored by Monsanto Company and today, we look back at the "House of the future" with pictures and a real treasure video!

The attraction offered a tour of a home of the future, set in the year 1986, Built of plastics, a revolutionary material at that time, the four wing"ultra-modern" House of the Future was on display from 1957 to 1967 at the entrance of Tomorrowland.The House of the Future featured the latest in furniture and appliances along with intercoms and other gadgets that were not common in 1957. For instance, it featured household appliances such as microwave ovens, which eventually were invented and became commonplace.

Read the full article on Disney and more - and don't miss the awesome videos that will show you how amazing - specially in 1960's - the House of the Future was. Don't miss it, it's just like if you were there, inside the House of the Future, 50 years ago!

Disney and more: Disney and more Time machine - Back in time to 1957 : Disneyland's House of the Future

Then come back here and let us know what you think about the House of the Future. Is it time for it to make a comeback?

-

• Future Cast Member

Re: Disney and more Time machine - 1957 : Disneyland's House of the Futur

I never went to it, but the House of the Future seems like it was an interesting attraction. Disney really has always been years ahead of everyone else. I used to think the Innoventions Dream Home was supposed to be a new version of it, but then I realized it was actually just showing off technology most people can't afford, like flat screens outside your house and expensive game systems and technology. I think the House of the Future needs to make a comeback, because it really thought outside the box, unlike the Dream Home.

Cool Re: Disney and more Time machine - 1957 : Disneyland's House of the Futur

the house of the future was one of my favorites....way back then it was so futuristic!!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

It is just wonderful to see this. The all plastic house was long gone before I would have been old enough to see and remember it.

I find it interesting that the "Future" the house was modeled after 1986. You know, they really weren't all that far off.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

I remember it from its opening to ending. It did get "old" but it was always interesting. I remember that they brought in a wreaking ball to demolish the house. The ball just bounced off.

This is still pretty cool I wish I was around when it was, I think it would have been pretty neat to have seen!

• Minion

My step-dad told me that he when he was a kid the first time he ever saw a push-button phone was at DL in the House of the Future. They were amazed by it!

• Who are you again?

i would love to live in a house like that!! the climate control was cool! the scent of roses and a salty sea breeze flows into every room!! thats really cool
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• D'LAND BIRTH YEAR BABY

I have snippets of memories of the House of the Future- microwave with baked potatoe going round and round?? The kitchen dinning set reminded me of my Princess Fantasy furniture kitchen set,...something about the design could be unbolted and reconfigured? and the bathroom sink at a low child level was awesome.