Thread: 8/27: Bullseye

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

8/27: Bullseye

Kevin reviews Toy Story Mania for the iPhone, discuss it here...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: MiceAge.com - A different look at Disney...
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 8/27: Bullseye

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Kevin- I know I'm a huge critic of your stance on Fastpass, but I do enjoy reading your columns every week, so know that I do appreciate your writing.

ENOUGH WITH THE FREAKIN IPHONE APPS ALREADY! You start the article with a little blurb about the new ride at Universal Studios, but then don't give us any news on it? Is it breaking down? What's the deal? Instead we get an iPhone app review that totally alienates the 80% or more of your audience that doesn't have an iPhone! Seriously dude, can we get back to the theme parks?

• MiceAge Columnist

Sorry about that, ducksman. I haven't *been* on the Uni coaster yet; I spent last weekend reading and writing.

The article I submitted included a "Disney bookshelf" section, with reviews of 10+ books added to my collection, and the longer list of Disney books I put out every six months or so. It didn't make it into today's article, probably because I formatted the links wrong, so I take the blame there. It was never my intention to write another iPhone article; the iPhone stuff was actually more of an add-on to the book reviews, though it came first.
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• when you wish...

I just bought the app this morning and briefly had time to play it. The graphics are great and you can't beat the music that sounds exactly like it does when you're in line or on the ride. Sorry I can't give more feedback on the game, but it does have excellent reviews on its app page

I just about died when I heard the game for Wii was coming out a couple of months ago. According to Amazon, it has a September 15th release date. I'll be the first in line for that one.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here." --Art Linkletter, July 17, 2005

Yaaaaaaaaay!

Thank you so much for the Toy Story Mania review Kevin. I bought it this morning and have played the first three levels and so far it is very fun. I would have had no idea that it was available if it wasn't for your article. The news about the Wii version is great also. With so many people writing about the same Disney news, it's nice to have something different. Don't worry about alienating readers. Any article will have something that isn't for all readers. (handicapped, families, special needs, seniors, annual passholders......)

• Minion

I am going to resist apps and I-Phones for the time. I'm a bit poor in spendable money and am making ends meet. I do wonder if the new tech stuff may ever get into my hands. Will this be some sign of future developments where if a person does not have technological gadgits that he or she will be missing out on an experience of some note?

• MiceAge Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by bayouguy View Post
    Will this be some sign of future developments where if a person does not have technological gadgits that he or she will be missing out on an experience of some note?
    Well, that's always been true:

Consider PS3 and XBOX360 of late, but also flatscreen TVs (I still don't have one). Or even just personal computers, starting the early 80s.
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

I really appreciate the reviews of Disney related iPhone apps. I got a couple from the previous review and also the Toy Story Mania game. It's a lot of fun! Thanks, Kevin, and please do more reviews if you find new apps.